HWS 6.X update

Thing i miss lately is way to help newbies on starter.
You should think of way to do so.
Like fund that veteran players can pay money into and on the certain tresholds you will place farm on certain starter or public constructors. Or even items packs.

I belive the intention is that starters are harsh and unforgiveable. Actually on certain starter to the point of ridicule.
Personally disagree to their actual state as i belive the starters should just be a checkpoint to get started like the were previously, as the more time you waste there the longer until you can get to proper playing. And many players actaully just leave the server over that.

Free CB:reset - just so i get it right, means 3 CB:reset before the timegate kicks in?

1 Like

I agree with starters being difficult - this is a survival game first and foremost. In fact i dont think this game could ever be ā€˜tooā€™ difficult. Just more challenging :wink: One change I would like to see is to allow guardian origin factions to assist both guardian and trader starters. As a former guardian it was quite frustrating when newbie guardians required help and I couldnt warp back to starter to assist. There should be something like a 15 min warp-back to starter limit for guardians only. Especially considering the recent origin changes havent been exactly favourable to the poor old guardians.

1 Like

17Ā°C in orbit and 0 radiation? how it comes? imo it was a great survival featureā€¦ :-/

Only in the CSW zone. Rest of space is still space.

ah ok! thats great! :smiley:

While I certainly think that is a nice gesture I think it to easily allows people who are unfamiliar with the game to basically skip learning the basics. For example years ago I was given a friendā€™s death knight account to play in wow and while I knew what was what from fighting against them I really didnā€™t grasp and fully understand the intricacies of the class until I leveled one up from start.

We are on the same page there - the start is one of the best parts to the game. I dont mean help out starters by giving them free passage to end game scenarios - just a little helping hand if theyā€™re struggling with the basics - or joined just before a starter wipe etc. It gave ā€˜guardianā€™ some meaning. Safeguards would be important if easily enforceable like 20 mins max - no mining etc.

I had an offer of help from a large faction (a certain generous welshman!) back when I started but thought iā€™d miss out on too much of the game so went solo instead.

2 Likes

What time is the wipe taking place? For instance, on the USA server, can -4,-5,-6 people plan on playing Friday evening?

Thatā€™s what I want to know too so I can plan my day!