HWS 7 Patch | New NA Ingame Admin | New PDA Mission | Current state

Hey @everyone,

just a quick announcement about the current state of HWS to keep you nicely informed.

#New NA ingame admin: Starglade

He is around on HWS for awhile, being neutral and wanted to help us out while we are sleeping.
That is a very nice offer and we want to give it a try. Thanks again!

With ingame Admin permissions he is able to help you in let’s say 90% cases (for the rest the tool access is required) but we both like to start slow and steady first.

New PDA Mission

With the 5PM restart the “EGS Resource Depot Hunt” Mission is officially started. (sorry for the delay)
It starts first with a lot of Iron Ingots you can get through the reward.
To post it here again:

WARNING: since it is a lot of loot you can get from the reward, make SURE you have almost an EMPTY INVENTORY.
Otherwise the loot will disappear if you do not have enough room for it!!

Black Hole is a perfect location for implementing new and more stuff since it wipes every day. Because for the rest of the playfields: once something is spawned there is no good way to add POIs again.
We are currently working on a cool workflow though, so more missions will be available around the whole universe.

Resource distribution

With these missions everyone will get a very good amount of resources without big efforts or trouble. However we are still working on a good - no damaging way - to change the other playfields regarding deposits etc. aswell.
But to say it straight away: a surface wipe is needed for sure for that. Will be announced though.

Missions / Instances

To mention it officially again: it’s very sad that so many missions are not working properly. Even though the Stargate is blue you get kicked out of them instant. There is no way at all for me to fix this except removing all Stargates again.
The problem is that sometimes they work, sometimes not.
I stressed this out to the Devs and a fix is hopefully coming very shortly.
Stay stronk until then. After the fix I will also release the full set of Missions like Battle Royale etc.

Golden Globe

Just a little update: Golden Globe will be surfaced wipe every Saturday 5PM now.

HWS Watcher / HWS Police

Also to make it official again: we didn’t forget our promise to you to bring that back to HWS. It’s surprising how many people requesting this and wanting it.
To be honest the problem why it takes so long is mostly time and trust.
The strong foundation of HWS is fairness and no admin abuse at all. We don’t have admins playing here causing sooner or later trouble.
Therefore the idea to give players a kind of higher privilegue for the Police is very tricky since this can and probalby will also cause drama.

So for now we will choose some people very carefully and mention again that this is not an easy feature everyone can have fun with. It’s a serious decision and abusing our trust and time will cause bans, tears and popcorn, I guess.

So participants for the Police know this now and all other players can feel secure that we won’t tolerate any shady plays here.
This brings me to time. It is very time consuming at the beginning to keep track of all movements of everyone and check that everything is working nicely.

Anyways we want to give it a go and if we see it is too much an overload than help really we will just do what we did in the past: a Police Topic, where you can post your claims and we check it asap then.

More about the HWS admin, police, permissions, etc. in a different post.

Other than that I hope you still enjoying HWS and if you have any Feedback, please let us know.

Your HWS Team

8 Likes

Thank you for the formal introduction. Now nobody should mistake me for being an imposter again. :wink: Feel free to ask me any questions or call for help at anytime whenever you see me in-game or direct message via Discord.

I will be happy to serve each and every one of you to the best of my abilities under the current given circumstances.

6 Likes

Good luck Starglade, it is great to see the admin team grow,

1 Like

STOP IMPERSONATING AN ADMIN STARGLADE.
Also welcome.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Rexxxus lots of good things are happening me and many others are ecstatic to know the main focus is polishing. We are having lots of fun with what you created.

On a side note :slight_smile:

If surface wipes can only be done manually then ignore my request. I think new players are still struggling with resources. I still think surface wipes on each restart is needed for homeworld planets and GG and even the 2 new pve planets. Even with weekly wipes planets get pillaged within 1 hour, i have seen this on golden globe on friday, the biggest problem with that it’s not even prime time for NA side of things. With the AM nerf digging for meteors and asteroids are really painfully slow i mean hours to mine anything miningfull.

Thanks for everything Rexxxus keep up the great work :+1:

1 Like

Welcome Starglade, and well done Rex for maintaining your sanity and continuing to improve HWS.

Looking forward to trying that new mission today. I am still hunting 10 Shotgun Zirax …

3 Likes

Welcome Starglade, good to see the team is expanding… gonna give me a headache with sacredglade around tho :stuck_out_tongue:

Waiting to see how its going with the resources. :slight_smile:
Good to see the GG announcement.

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome StarLor… Glade…

Good to see more admins at nigh also :slight_smile:

1 Like