HWS 7.X.X PvP limit correction

You can try :slight_smile: But we look forward to having more enemies :slight_smile: We just ask that if you get big you don’t ally with either side but form your own ‘Force’. There’s nothing more fun than a three-way fight! :slight_smile:

It’ll be good fun to have more people to PVP, and you guys seem honourable so we’re happy to fight you :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise! :slight_smile:

Same situation on NA. Instead the prior “status quo”, the shoe is on the other foot and they are whining about it. There are other planets they can occupy as well, but it is all centered around GG. So no more stupid “mining with TAW” crap in chat, and they recycle everything and promptly leave planet. Not my fault.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s always interesting to see what happens when one Alliance gets the ‘lead’ over the other! Obvs i haven’t been mad enough to Visit NA GG; is it as bad as folks are making it out to be?

Best regards
Wise.

agree thats fun yes. And can promise we dont ally either side, as long as anyone is :slight_smile:

1 Like

When did taw ever ally with so many other factions that we kept the planet core locked and forced Rex to consider new rules

I don’t like argumentative and defamatory posts. They’re a waste of my time. However, it seems this thread could use some good facts instead of outright misinformation.

FACT #1: TAW and allies last season never capped the cores. Nor were we close to it. Most days were approximately 90-100 cores (I had global scan on). This is vastly different from pushing the limit up to where you get warnings (150 you begin getting warnings, it sits at 187 as of this post). Warnings were given last season only during one or two MAJOR attacks but the limit was never reached. Right now, with no attacks or threat, the core limit is exceeded willingly.

FACT #2: TAW drove player interaction and RP aspects by running a service that paid people out on the spot (credits whenever they asked for them), with all risk of equipment loss falling on TAW, while providing close security for worry-free mining. For the processing and equipment we charged 35% of the gold they mined. Could we have been mining ourselves and making more? Absolutely. We had fun providing some RP and not a single person that mined with us had issues with the services we provided

FACT #3: Nobody from TAW is upset that you guys are on GG. We are simply playing our game but playing it a different way than last season. Unlike certain people, we are not taking this game seriously and are trying to have fun. When game mechanics are abused, however, it decreases the potential fun for all parties involved.

FACT #4: While it may be true that the mega-alliance on GG has way more people than TAW and our allies and that gives a massive advantage, the only real issue is when game mechanics are being exploited. Examples of this being done by the GG alliance are the maximizing core cap, SNA OLP towers, and red wall abuses to get inside/behind bases to name a few. These types of exploits are not acceptable and detract from other players enjoying the game the way it was meant to be played.

I’ll go further and point out that any arguments against these points generally fall in the bottom 3 levels of the Hierarchy of Disagreement, usually ad hominem. If we can avoid that this discussion will be much more productive.

2 Likes

Rex, the question is how long will this rule survive…

Ok so lets recap:

FACT #1 TAW and allies last season never capped the cores.

Wrong. Cores were capped when you brought all your crap down to planet. Over 32 at the highest amount.

FACT #2: TAW drove player interaction and RP aspects by running a service that paid people out on the spot (credits whenever they asked for them), with all risk of equipment loss falling on TAW, while providing close security for worry-free mining

Don’t care, if you want to cater and try to feel good at the same time and 35% tax, your problem. Notice how all those “little people” you helped, don’t come catering to your aid to push our alliance off GG?

FACT #3: Nobody from TAW is upset that you guys are on GG.

Well good. Go to another planet and quit whining about GG.

FACT #3: When game mechanics are abused, however, it decreases the potential fun for all parties involved.

We didn’t abuse any game mechanics. We are working within the limits allowed.

FACT #4: While it may be true that the mega-alliance on GG has way more people than TAW and our allies and that gives a massive advantage, the only real issue is when game mechanics are being exploited. Examples of this being done by the GG alliance are the maximizing core cap,

Yes, we adjusted to compensate for the lack of balance from last season. Maybe you should do some recruiting. Once again, though, this nonsense of game mechanics being exploited. Where? These are GLOBAL PvP limits, so your argument prior to RexXxus having to change the limits is moot. It’s a crap argument. And again, core cap is not set by me, Op4 does not have a lot of assets on the planet, and I don’t speak for how the others field their equipment. Once again, not my problem.

I’ll go further and point out that any arguments against these points generally fall in the bottom 3 levels of the Hierarchy of Disagreement, usually ad hominem. If we can avoid that this discussion will be much more productive.

I’ll be placed in the bottom. Don’t care. This change is only occurring because of the incessant ranting about the limits we are given, compared to last season powerpoint slide show that was GG you didn’t see us making such a stink that Rex has to go out of his way to appease, and how it now affects both EU and NA. That is simply pathetic.

6 Likes

praise be taco

3 Likes
3 Likes

We played on HWS for PvP, not to occupy planets.

This bickering is pointless. A lot of players (many from the alliance) have already left HWS until season 8 because of the lack of PvP caused by alliance overcrowding Golden Globe. The fact is that this problem is still not fixed, probably won't be fixed in 8, and you guys refuse to acknowledge it publicly (though many have complained and agreed with me privately.) Say what you want, do what you want, but know that others will just go do something else.
3 Likes

this is why we need more PVP hotspots for Gold
in 5.0 it was a good mixture between the black hole and Armageddon
you had the option to do planet battles in HV and SV or you could do CV battles in the black hole
we need multiple options for Gold in a PVP area without being in the same sector like 5.0

1 Like

And I agree, it is pointless. I come to GG to reap those rewards and for action. As I have said repeatedly Op4 doesn’t have a lot of assets on GG; we don’t need a lot. I will use the same battered SV or HV for multiple skirmishes until there is a point of no return and I remove it from planet to be scrapped. I don’t have 12 HVs or SVs sitting around ready to go. Currently I have 2. As you know Grizzly I don’t speak for the rest of the faction or the alliance, they do what they want. RexXxus can put in the restrictions, and the same result will happen.

I would like to add some perspective from a solo player. I’m just now getting my footing on the server and so far have only ventured once into GG. I was able to mine a couple asteroids and most of a meteorite on the planet surface before I was attacked by 2 SVs. Fortunately I was able to escape with my gold with minimal damage to my SV.

I rather enjoyed the experience and the challenge it presented, it gave me an opportunity to address some weakpoints in my SV build which I have now fixed and I look forward to my next trip.

Having said that, I honestly think addressing this is somewhat of a waste of time on Rexxxus’s part. I would much rather has as much of his time and effort focused on preparing for 8.0 and I think this issue will be addressed in 8.0 simply by virtue of the planet size. Right now with 100+ cores you can easily cover the entire planet and with a handful of SVs set up a system of patrols and effectively lock down the entire planet. In 8.0 the planets are going to be so big I doubt you could accomplish that with 3x that many cores. So I anticipate there being much more of a hunt in 8.0

To back this up let’s do some simple math. In 8.0 it is estimated that it takes and SV at full speed 20+ minutes to circle the planet. So to cover the entire surface would take 20^2=400 minutes. So even with spread out single ship patrols with 10 SVs, that would still take 40 minutes to cover the entire surface. As you can see at this scale it becomes much or of a hunt which is what I’m looking forward to.

3 Likes

Maybe, but we do not know what size GG will be…or IF it will BE at all.

So far this is the consensus.

I would rather they be huge; would make much more difficult scouting given the time it would take to allow other factions/ players the chance to setup instead of an instant Zerg attack. Plus add in all the extra resources the planet would offer, seems like a win/win to me.

2 Likes

Last season TAW along with ACP and HPG/NPC had control and monopoly over golden globe. The reason that for the most part they didn’t go over the core limit was because they didn’t split that one faction into multiple factions like they have this season, and because there was a hard cap on cores per faction last season, and because these factions were huge; mainly TAW. Last season at its peak it had 60+ members and ACP around 30+ and HPG/NPC around 30+.

Now the smaller factions like OP4, TPP, PKA, GRG and a few other even smaller factions; have united to defend and hold their positions. Theres not much new sense last season except that on this season the core limits have been overseen in different ways: per faction. At the moment its about how many members you have; before it was about hard core limits per faction. The main problem with last season was the spam of bases put down not only as huge clusters which TAW did have along with ACP and HPG/NPC but as outposts and attack bases, oh…and the ones they sometimes put down called Salty#1 and Salty#2 etc. xD

The 10 base per faction spam was fixed but the main problem wasn’t addressed which was the monopoly system which allows a faction that is huge! Big! or small to ally with as many other factions as it wants.

I did address this issue by 1) Suggesting Ally Faction Limits. Core caps just don’t make sense without faction caps.

1. making a few large indestructible bases that can be used as a staging ground and protection ground for new and old players to mine and or fight on Golden Globe and no base spawning or only hand built bases with 1 to 3 as a limit; which would have the affects of less worrying about base spawning and more time fighting and mining gold.

Unfortunately, my advice wasn’t taken and the new issues that have arisen are no surprise to me.

Lastly this is not a bashing against TAW or their allies; for as Scipio Africanus told Hannibal before the battle of Zama when Hannibal told Scipio that he had made him; Scipio responded “no, you caused me to be.” :smiley:

The organizational skills of TAW/ACP/NPC and the strong adversity they provided us made us stronger and helped us get our act together to unit more effectively, if anything thank you my fellow enemies of battle. :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Here is your problem, and the alliances failure. You did not heed your own suggestion! You try to shift the blame to RexXxuS or Elion for allowing you to do something that you know shouldn’t be done. Learn a bit of SELF control.

So you do the same thing this season…

I fixed it for me when I left the giant LAG alliance. Have fun making excuses.

Let’s not force RexXxuS to do this again…

You left a giant so called lag alliance by joining another giant lag alliance plus their alt factions? haha Smart move bud heres your medal! :medal_military:

You talk about restriant? pffs your a funny joker! Your allies have split factions. Ours are atleast original like pka, op4, tpp, grg etc.

For some strange reason your disappointed that we did something good like organizing our-self’s with other underdogs like our-self’s to create something truly remarkable; we smaller factions united and beat back and expelled a much larger bigger faction from places they used to control.

The reason i suggested faction limits last season and which i will continue to do so this season; is because i’m being realistic about the core cap limits of the planets. The problem is that if its not implemented in the game by way of faction limits to complement core cap limits on planets; one way or another a faction or a group of factions will abuse it by creating alt factions like TAW? Love you TAW but just pointing out some facts here to get to the truth of the matter.

3 Likes

i very strongly hope that game will change to allow only 1 alliance, its pretty pointless to try anything now, there is in EU and NA alliances that count up to 50-70 members and even more, that is crazy in any means

1 Like