HWS 8 | Teaser Countdown V | Immersion Boost & Guilty Boost

About 95% of my deaths are do to getting stuck inside a vessel and having to suicide with the “kill me” commend in console. So i hope this change comes with a not get stuck inside structure? If not i’m going to loose and have to throw away tons of rp to kill myself each time i get stuck inside a ship.

Second, the getting guilty for going into the red gold as being permanent hmm i think its not good; i think its best if you get your location leaked only while your inside the red gold not when your already outside of it.

But anyways keep up the good works Rexxus and thanks for all the interesting and fun features you’v added, bud.

1 Like

I like it. Makes a sort of ‘ultra hardcore’ zone for PVPers, May even deter me some days due to the guilty bit! (But i like this as it makes it more meaningful entering a specific playfield! :slight_smile: )

Best regards, this sounds awesome!
Wise.

1 death 1 rp is a great idea! but please dont let the deaths count on starter planets! and how will rp be affected if lets say i have 0 rp and i die… will that go towards -1 rp?

Dude… How many times does this happens to you? Do you need to overlook your settings? This whole season i think i have died twice from bugs… Rest from stupidity at starter, and once or twice at pvp being to gold focused on gg…

Love all of this @RexXxuS =) =) Can`t wait to tuesday :wink:

Will you give us the map before the release? or will it be up for exploring? Will there still be 3 planets that is weekdays = origions and weekends = pvp? I loved that gameplay, thou, i did noticed it a bit to late into the season…

Keep up the good work =) =)

Glad to hear - thanks!

Universe stuff is coming at the very end (for certain reasons)…

Regarding Origin-PvPvE-rotation please read here:

aha… To bad… But i do see your point there! Maybe lower the core allowed on pve playfields? But not on that system? Just an idea =) And it was one of few places with fresh resources and small risk… I think i got attacked there once, and that was from another in the same origion…

But as i said… i see your point =)

good for you, bugs are a lot more common for a lot of people who don’t play on top notch computers. That is the same thing as the 6 minutes cooldown before you loose your cv on GG. By that time on S7 a lot of people had assets to deploy on the planet an I lost around 5 CVs for that cooldown alone because my computer takes a little bit longer to render stuff and… I think that thinking that not everyone has the devs setup is actually pretty wise in my opinion. Bugs do happen a lot and they many times lead to a suicide to get rid of it. Death is a common tool to get rid of bugs as much as they are used to exploit. Thinkin one way might break the game for some people. Just saying. This is a math that is hard do get straight. But let’s see how it works out before deciding anything. I see a lot of people with not so perfect computers losing a lot of RP for broken mechanics, but… let’s see.

2 Likes

Since the plain “starter planet” check is too difficult for now we have implemented that as long as you are not level 25 you won’t lose RP for now.

4 Likes

It’s a good idea, don’t get me wrong, but if it turns away new players (I’m talking just bought the game and asks how to place a core for a base, which still happens frequently) as a punishment they might get disappointed for dying often.

Looking good so far though, anxious for Tuesday!

Almost all my deaths have been doing HWS made POIs. The Sphere for example, poorly designed encounters leading to multiple unavoidable deaths, which is also true for a lot of the portal accessed instances in the event room.

Once you learn the POI you can of course reduce your death count, but to be penalized for trying ? that’s just plain stupid and means i won’t be bothering with those hard POIs. After a few deaths and seeing the situation i’m more inclined to just say “sod it” and not bother.

We should not all be sanctioned because a few people have mega-death counts.

After seeing multiple of your posts on several different topic I am starting to think maybe you are just a bad player?

Or maybe perhaps a little inexperienced at Empyrion PvP and prone to emotional posting.

Factions like FRU, FIN, SG-1 etc have improved greatly throughout the season. Has been good to see. Hopefully they all stick at it and provide a 3rd major alliance to broaden the ongoing East v West spat.

1 Like

I like the POIs. Sure, you die in some of them occasionally, but it wouldn’t be fun if there wasn’t any risk involved at all. If you can just waltz in and take the loot it becomes the HWS version of an early game fetch quest from other games. That would be quite pointless.

Wooh i’m such a noon arn’t Having never really played a first person shooter i am terribly inexperienced and have no clue what i’m doing. Someone mentioned i use “WASD” and not the arrow keys…does that work ok ? I’ve seen that new game “Wolfenstein” which also promises some first person action, but the learning curve is nowhere near as steep as on here,

you guys live in a very small echo chamber. continue your inane comments, plze do.

You seem to have taken that post the wrong way. Was meant to be complimentary.

I didnt say you were inexperienced at gaming just perhaps Empy PvP. I was careful to stipulate that.

Anyway - I havent got time to keep coming on here explaining things that dont need explaining. Life to live and all that.

then you need to read more closely. the topic i broached has nothing at all to do with pvp.

Rexx, I know the solution is difficult, but linking rp loss to maximum level, in case 25, can be exploited by some, you do not necessarily need all xp of lvl 25 to unlock the tree, maybe a latch on the starter to lvl 25 would be more effective, can only leave the initial at the maximum level …

That is really a minor issue. The second you do anything (farming, raiding, shooting, scratching your balls) you get XP and wil go up to 25 at some point.