HWS 8.X Patch | Unleash the Commodity Trader | HWS Garage rework

Hi HWS Community

After the so far very positive feedback from you regarding the season start I did not rest and worked hard to finish the two remaining biggest TODOs on my list.

Commodity Trader - Go!

As I said weeks before: the commodity trade system is not new and some know it from No Man’s Sky or Freelancer but in Empyrion that is totally new and strange rather.
So my idea to catch you and poke in the right direction were to give you a lot of Statues in a lot of POIs and make the prices for them in Atlantis very high.
Smart discoverer found it already and were able to make funny / crazy trades with them.

But now the real business starts!

Please check out the updated Commodity Trading Guide!

Highlights

• The prices were adjusted properly as I had in mind couple of month ago. While the PvE trade commodities sell for less than before, the total buy/sell range is very high and the PvP trade commodities got a higher sell range even

• With the high price range it is all about continuity! Every hour the Trader restock their Goods so sometimes you are luckily and get a cheap offer and sometimes you have to improvise

• 2 big Trading Stations… do have the “Counter Part” of the Commodity Trader now. That means you can buy all commodities from there at lucrative prices (sometimes) and make your trip to the real Commodity Trader to sell for much higher credits. Create lucrative Trading Routes - for PvP better together!

• All Trade Commodity POIs got updated! While you have to solve a little puzzle in PvE, you have to fight your way through Aliens in PvP - with even bigger rewards - better together as well!

• 1 big Trading Station has even a secret Stargate connection to your dedicated Origin Commodity Trader! Remember:

• Alliance : 10% better buy and sell price for Auto Miner Devices T3
    • Freelancer : 10% better buy and sell price for Fire Palm Tree , Demonic Statue , Filler Charge and rocketDrone
    • Lawless : 10% better buy and sell price for BombDrone

• Re-implemented the Black Markets in the HQ Systems

• Added a lot of additional Traders with even more special prices and commodities into the whole universe! Happy exploring!

HWS Garage rework

It sounds not so big but did cost us 2 days to do.
The problem with the current Showroom was that I have put it into Space - because I wanted to improve the performance.
That way we couldn’t place HVs there (that was the reason why I had a Showroom Planet in the previous season…) Anyways, since I wanted to reduce the workload of the server with an additional playfield we have changed the Garage ships now.

Garage ship free tour

All Garage ship Doors are now set to 0000, so you can look inside freely. Just make sure to remove the 0000 code once you bought the ship!

Additionally signs were updated properly and @Ju invested a lot of time to update the Guide with information for you. Check it out here

https://forum.empyrion-homeworld.net/t/hws-garage-ships/4642/45?u=rexxxus

Repair to blueprint / Blueprint spawning: Instant

(active with the next server restart)

Because the bug of leaving a playfield while a ship is repairing is still not fixed 100% we decided to activate the Instant spawning / repairing again.
We know it feels cheaty and isn’t good for immersion but on the other hand the whole feature is useless if you have to stand 3+ hours next to your ship and wait to boredom.
Once the bug is fixed, we activate the “Faster” setting again.

Remember: the blueprint factory spawning is tied to the Repair to blueprint mechanism! We can not change that!

In the meantime we will continue in improving Phoenix, implementing more lucrative PvP locations and add more Missions. And maybe we can have a bit of a rest and everyone is enjoying the season :slight_smile:

Thanks for playing on HWS and your feedback so far!

Your HWS Team

8 Likes

Love the updates :slight_smile: im rly curious to find the trade stations. i visited the nightclub and stripbar in ECC orbit it was great

1 Like

It has a stargate and is only 15 Mil!?!?! Wow.

1 Like

I ended up buying the Nautilus and Leviathan. They both have stargates :wink: Some other CVs have stargates too if I’m not mistaken and the Explorer has a stargate. So many stargates! I hate turning a mobile stargate into a stationary one though. I wonder if @RexXxuS will bring in the option to buy a Stargate “Base” that can be spawned somewhere. Like buying a ship but a base. Maybe there could be a side competition for stargate pedestals? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Thank you @RexXxuS for the sleepless nights. I hope to learn these trade routes and secret locations.

Now all we need is an Information Broker to sell the locations.

1 Like

Hey @everyone,

I wasn’t really satisfied with the way I “enhanced” the NPC Traders and is still not at the 100% potential. It is just tricky to integrate stuff now while the season is running. But I try to improve it non-stop.

So starting with the next restart you have to check out the new changes:

You have now a guaranteed win trade!
For example if you buy at certain traders stuff, you won’t ever pay more than the lowest sell range of the commodity trader can happen.
I hope this makes sense but just try it out and get way more money than before now!

I also changed the “Origin” Traders sell quantity because it was just way too easy and imbalanced with the efforts in comparison.

Flying now regulary to the PvP Commodity Traders can get you millions per day.

3 Likes

I can’t wait to start exploring tonight. With my new job a lot of my time is consumed and I only a little time to get on in the evenings to collect interest, trade, and build. One night I didn’t even get on to type eb:interest because I was so tired lol.

Anyway, thank you RexXxuS for this new game mechanic. I hope to give you feedback soon. I have a few statues laying around somewhere that I got from Binomi. :wink:

so there were traders in ecc space last night, now i dont see any here… did i miss an announcement?

Honestly I have only found one ‘buyer’ and no sellers. Have missed something because 90% of the traders I found sold canned meat and vegetables.