HWS 8.X Pre Announcement | New HWS Config / EWS | Economy 3.0 Trade commodities and much more

Good point! HWS NPC Trader are on my list to change at the top.
My long time goal is to offer for everything also an ingame effort to achieve the donations. And have it already for basically everything except HWS NPC Trader. They are too powerful, even though you can’t forget they are limited for certain origins to buy (Lawless only few per day, etc.)
Limiting them only in PvE sounds good as a first step.

Thanks for your feedback

Yes I know but why waste performance and time and create lag if you let turrets target to minigun turrets deep inside your ship?
With the new Config you have to be faster and build your ships better to protect your warp drive.

Don’t forget the change that you can have now 12 CV Pulse Laser and 8 Rocket Launcher. It’s now more important to have small and agile CVs than big and slow because the CV guns are effective against the other CV.

! Woah! Nice!

1 Like

@RexXxuS can you clarify in your config what you mean by (Metal, Metal Light, Metal Hard) what type of blocks are these?

I tried the comment approach. For that click on the google link please:

Then hover over the headlines to see examples

I will make it more clear in the Config topic too.

2 Likes

Thank you Rex and Jascha for all your hard work

1 Like

Alien Blocks (not Xeno Steel) came from recycling POIs on planets

You can still build a base in under 10 minutes that will defend you long enough to mine gold and leave. I have not played one season yet that the major faction didn’t sweep bases off the map in hours usually. I think the record was 3 days but it was between two major factions/alliances not little guys. GG is bigger than it has ever been and as long as you are not super greedy it will take a long time to be found and with a small 200 block 12-20 gun base will defend you long enough to mine and leave maybe even undetected.

RexXxus, will you create a thread for 2018 Q4 season players brainstorming?

Good changes!!!
UNPOPULAR OPINION AHEAD

Why we dont cut all seasons OCD content by 50%?
except on gold ingots, money stored and alien cores

So if you want your ocd fat you need to PLAY on the server. Is a bit absurd that a player that come from 2/3 seasons ago, maybe when resources were easier and play without having losses for not playing from 1-2 years. We need players all season long, not only OCD traders. So it will increase the value of resource and keep people playing on server to store every season the max amount without being bored the next season. My ocd is already fat after only one season… the next season probably having the free itemmenu will make the game boring faster.
So it will support the real players of the server not only the one minute heroes.

XENO BLOCKS change is a great idea! Keep it Up!
Maybe allow to spawn Xeno blocks blueprints… because playing around with a big cv and modify it in game is a bit tricky :slight_smile: (*at least for me)

What do you mean by that?
In general: any feedback is at any time very welcome in the forum!

It’s not related to subject and we would write a lot of offtopic reply. That’s why I thought a free brainstorming thread would be good before next season.

Sure, go ahead and create one in #hws-general-discussion :slight_smile:

I agree with you but i would go ahead, i played a server where you can store only INGOTS in OCD . No blocks or other stuff. Maybe lvl 5-7 can allow you to store some more stufs like food and meds, this would make NPC TRADR more intreasting for fast start and food-meds.

1 Like

Can we discuss upping this a bit? Considering until now these have been worth more than double this amount, and there is no possibility of using them by the end of the season, or converting them back to AM cores for use later in OAM. Id almost rather get no money, and get just the AM core out of each back in the ocd.
Granted, Im a bit biased here.

1 Like

Hopefully these changes bring back alot of players. These season with all the Changes and drama alot of people stopped playing . It got boring really fast . Hope people come back . I will wait to post feedback about new changes until they actually happen … Hopefully the New rules for the new season dont change in the middle of the season again due to people complaining . Set the Rules and stick with it . Thanks

I understand. I have an average fight lasting about 50 minutes. I can lower to 20-30 minutes a limited class / number of blocks. But without “turrets in armor” 2 ships of different designs and different classes will live the same - about 5 minutes. Both opponents + - at the same time, the turrets will end, and both players will disagree in different directions

I’m for what would have been the choice: the bigger one with the good armor but slow and not maneuverable, or with small armor but fast and flexible. Everyone has his own style of battle, and each player will build a CV for himself.

Glitching base in base is an obvious exploit. So writtten or not should think that before building or asking it. Also a baby can understand it. Not playing anymore instead of building a new one is simply childish.

1 Like

You can still hide turrets in armor to use them as decoys but you will have to sacrifice a turret which matters more than a weak minigun such as a laser or etc.

So, what you want to do can still be done, you’ll just have to adapt a tiny bit

I thought some time about it and know that the ratio isn’t that good :slight_smile:
My full idea / intention was to create now still fun / reason to play until the end of the season to trade / exchange your Auto Miner cores to Xeno Steel Blocks, since 250 per items is very very good. Some have over 30000 Xeno Steel Blocks in their OCD…
If I see this idea fails at the end, we might increase the CC for AM and lower the CC for Xeno :wink:
Overall: everyone who have so much stuff in their OCD, no matter what item, can already be proud and feel comfortable.

1 Like