HWS 8.X Pre Announcement | New HWS Config / EWS | Economy 3.0 Trade commodities and much more

Allow blueprints to be made in the factory with Xeno Steel

Too tedious to add it to each ship after its spawned from the factory.
Also we should encourage the ships to be unique
No xeno steel in factory = xeno steel always as outer layer

1 Like

@RexXxuS do you know when the per player limit will be applied? I think you said something last time that this may come into effect soon? Sense this is indeed the most balanced and fair way of doing things and the most logical.

At the moment thereā€™s a big disparity on those who donā€™t own a planet and those who do. It is self evident that the biggest and most powerful factions are those who own planets.

At the moment any faction who doesnā€™t own a planet can only have private ships and no faction ships, except maybe one for a whole faction which doesnā€™t make any logical sense.

Keep the good work up Rexxus and Jascha, i know you can find a good balance for this game. :]

Maybe instead of limiting NPC traders to PvE only there could be separate PvE / PvP limits and costs? Ex. You can have 1 pvp delivery per day but the cost is 2 times the RP and Credits (and this would exhaust any PvE deliveries for that day). Varying this by origin would also be interesting.

man i was selling my Xeno substrate, i had 50k of it, but i would definitely havent sold them for 60k a stack if i knew i could have gotten 250k for each stack

To be honest i think all weapons should be removed from auto targeting, or replaced by fuel tank targeting. With setting proposed now two things will happen:

1. Ppl will move other weapons like pulses or flaks inside the hull since just arty and guided rockets matter in case of CV. In case of SV i can just place some plasmas in hull. HV ? i will gladly burry plasma turrets.
  2. Those who will not will be flying without weapons after 2 minutes.

Have thought a long time whether or not to reply.

There is no one factor leading to my decision to set aside egs. Its the same for those others I have talked to that no longer play. Yes ā€” the base complex that took 100ā€™s of coordinated hours to build and maintain is a factor. But, only one of many. Also, there is more to that story causing it to be a factor.

Itā€™s not the simple picture you paint for why many no longer play egs.

Better way to look at it ---- itā€™s the proverbial ā€˜straw that broke the camelā€™s backā€™.

A few are occasionally playing egs on a private server. Some are playing single player.

Most are playing other games.

What is sad, we have pretty much gone in separate directions. Small groups here or there, others individually doing their own thing. The community and fun we had interacting together as a cohesive alliance is gone. Our alliance and faction discords are silent ā€” like a ghost town. We did not easily give this up over a singular issue. It is the one thing that kept us going through many other issues.

In closing, I decided to post this message primarily for those few who may be seeking a true understanding of our mindset.

2 Likes

so as a thank`s for playing at the server for a long time, we remove 50% of what you have worked hard for?
sry budd =D heheā€¦

OCD has been nerfed enough :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I replyed to Bronco comment that explicity said ā€œchanging rules in the middle of the seasonsā€ that rule was an unwritten rule so for clarification ReXxxus posted it. I asked many times if the supergates bases are ok or not and for now is ok. If that rule was changed during the seasonā€¦ Well i delete bases and continue play the game whatever also if i putted all my resorce and efforts to building and mantaining those. In my mind supergates base camping is ok because you can still use the normal warp to jump from sector to sector and the supergate command is taken from 2km. If your faction is strong enough to control that shortcut you earn that shortcut.

2 Likes

The problem with this is that you can have a big heavily armored CV that is just as fast and agile as the lightly armored small CV.

8-27

omg
finally.

and the cops get flashing lights tooā€¦

1 Like

Policeā€¦ the police :man_pilot::woman_pilot::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Flashing Lights?! Who cares about flashing lights when you can have hidden pop-up turrets!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey @everyone,

the Alpha 8.5 is live on the EXP server.

With all the new stuff and even more fixes, I have implemented our new HWS Config there for you to test.
Please do some good battles against Aliens, SV vs SV, SV vs HV, CV vs CV, etc. etc.

See how the ā€œfeelingā€ isā€¦ if anything is too poweful etc.

Report back to me please so I can adjust.

2 Likes

Blinking lights are scarry. I hope we wonā€™t see parking disco balls at EGS.

Hrmmm.

Season 6.5 All Erestrum and Zas was removed from my OCD.
Season 7.5 O2 and Hydrogen generators where removed from my OCD.
Season 7.5X all Epic weapons and repair bayā€™s removed from my OCD.
Season 8.0 All Xeno blocks and Alien blocks removed from my OCD.

My memory fails me on season 7.0, but this is a normal thing having OCDā€™s lose items due to game changes.

SV vs SV:

pulse lasers are very overpowered. they shoot through anything, I was under the impression that shutters were going to offer some protection from lasers. At the current damage and rate of fire, the slightest lag stutter is a death sentence as it allows an enemy several shots in the same location to drill a hole through your ship instantly.

rail guns are weak. They appear to do nothing to armor, do no damage to the modules underneath the armor, and only damage exposed modules. this can be achieved with every other weapon making them rather pointless except as maybe a specialty weapon for sniping turrets off a base or CV.

plasma seem good.
homing rockets seem good.
No rocket ammo to test.
Gatling guns very weak as intended

2 Likes

Finally, thanks a lot for your feedback!! Appreciated!!!

Right, the base damage was too high (left Pulse: 2-3 shots. right Plasma: 1 shot)

I nerfed it so you need 5 shots with 4 Pulse now to break one Shutter Window. (still 1 splash shot with Plasma as shield breaker)

Rail guns are supposed to be that. They are devastating to Turrets and Thrusters. Please test them regarding that, since that was the purpose of them. I rather guess they are too overpowered. Let me know please.

Ups, added them now.

so what about players who play a lot and use the OCD by the time you have a level 6 or 7 you have spent a lot of money to upgrade it usually over seasons so you just want to remove all that hard work from hundreds of players i do not think that would be very popular or fair to those players.

people will play on the server how they want to, you cant force people into playing a certain way by punishing them.

First off, it still only takes 3 shots to kill a shutter, and the third shot will punch through the hardened steel underneath it. One shot with 4 lasers is doing 92 damage to shutters.

SV vs HV:
Pulse Lasers seem like a good primary weapon. They destroy armor and internal modules well, can destroy turrets with sustained hits.
Plasma is also a good primary/secondary weapon. Destroys Shutters, damages armor decently also. Can be devastating if receiving multiple hits in the same location repeatedly. (I like it) They can destroy turrets fairly well with sustained fire, a direct hit of 4 plasma cannons does around 1,000 damage to an HV turret.
Rails arenā€™t very effective unless internals are showing, at which point lasers or plasma are just as useful to finish them off. They arenā€™t particularly good at killing turrets either. A direct hit with 4 rails does about 2,000 damage to a turret, so it will take out a minigun, but it will take 3-4 direct hits with all 4 rails to kill an HV rocket turret. Other weapons such as plasma or dumbfire rockets can kill them just as fast and do aditional damage to the surrounding armor in case of a miss, so railguns seem very inferior right now for fighting an HV.
Homing rockets are good all around against armor and good against shutters. Very little damage against turrets.
Rockets seem to do fairly well against everything. A volley of unguided rockets does about the same damage as a shot from the railguns to turrets.
Gatling guns are just as worthless as advertised, well done! :slight_smile:

HV vs SV:
Artilery is devastating. It tears a 3x3x3 chunk out of your ship and most likely leaves you falling from the sky as the minigun turrets of the HV shoot you full of holes. Luckily most SV pilots are good enough to almost never get hit by an artilery shell in the face.
Rocket Turrets seemed broken. Iā€™m not sure if it was because i was testing it by manually controlling it but it didnā€™t seem to have any splash damage, it did destroy shutters in 1 hit, did 50 damage to hardened steel block. So 4 at a time would destroy a single block of hardened steel which seems reasonable, but the lack of splash would make it very weak compared to what I would expect.
Minigun Turrets took about 10-12 hits to kill an hardened steel block and a shutter block which isnā€™t that bad considering how many of them you can have.
I didnā€™t test plasma, thereā€™s no HV plasma ammo and it takes raw pentaxid to craft which for some reason the deconstructor refuses to give me from deconstructing the other ammo types.
There was also no HV artilery shells but I found some trees to make the necessary ingredients.

CV/BA testing tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes