HWS 8.X Pre Announcement | New HWS Config / EWS | Economy 3.0 Trade commodities and much more

Yeah it’s no secret that the game server and client software both have some stability issues and aren’t optimized very well. Eleon seems more focused on generating new content and features than working full time on polishing the performance of the game. This is pretty standard for an alpha stage of development.

2 Likes

There are zero issues with Eleon coming to grips with the lag, they are aware of it.

You are wrong though, they have to first finish adding things to the game THEN they can work on things like network code optimizations.

It would be backwards to do major optimizations before the base content is finished.

The Multitool t2 is fast tick speed but repair less amount 50hp*tick… resulting in a nerf.
It takes a live to repair a turret :confused:

We’ll agree to disagree.

I understand the development philosophy they are operating by – and I think its flat wrong. Just an excuse for sloppy work (or worse — a cover for lack of ability to do good work. Being aware vs. having the mindset and skills to do something about it are two different animals. A baby is aware it’s hungry, but cant feed itself.).

I’ve been in development for a long time — anyone remember punched cards? Garbage has never been acceptable. Severe lag and constant dc’s are garbage in an mp environment.

A solid foundation should be laid 1st, regardless of the development approach — even in alpha.

1 Like

I won’t disagree that there are a lot of lag and stability problems but I will say that EGS is more stable than most alpha or beta or even early post launch games I’ve played. So as it is annoying and sometimes game breaking, I suppose I’ve come to expect it. Not only from Eleon but the gaming industry in general.

Agree to disagree all you like, the facts are the same. It would be highly counterproductive to spend countless hours optimizing things that will likely be broken over and over as changes are made to the base game. This starts a cycle of needing to redo the optimizations over and over instead of focusing on adding content.

Empyrion is a single player game first and multi-player second. It sucks, but that’s just how it is.

Paxxo again: I didn’t nerf anything about Multitool but boost. The rate of fire was the only thing I can boost for repairing.
50hp per tick is a hard setting from the game, I tried already to change it.

So load your Singleplayer game and test if you don’t believe me.

Was not something to believe/ or not believe you. Probably patch 8.5 changed it because i remember that repair more and required less time!
Example: disassemble hardened steel block S required before 8.5 one tick. Now is 2 ticks!
Anyway when i finish work i test in sp but i believe you! Was not a contestation! But a Feedback <3

update

• So also in Sp and on another server is 50xtick (i dunno honestly if i remember badly or it is nerfed because seems slower now ??was 100Xtick??)

• Hardened steel blocks S requires 2 ticks on hws instead of one (on Sp and another server just one tick)

Probaby i was just misleaded by the turrets HP that is much larger pool than other servers and sp.
So it is a huge buff for repair speed. (still dont understed double click on hardened steel S btw but wont be a problem with egs recycle honestly and probably is better with doubleclick for modifications) :smile:

First, you haven’t mentioned any facts just opinions of what you think. But i can name you a fact. Fact the game runs like crap even on single player when their are many cores on same playfield. Fact, most people will agree that they prefer game optimization if they had to chose between adding content or fixing the game performance and constant disconnects. Here i’m only referring to the multiplayer community when i say most people, not the pve ones.

Twitch i’m guessing from your comments your more of a pve player then a pvp player? Otherwise you’ll be asking when are they going to fix the performance issues and the disconnect issues. peace

2 Likes

Also it is you who is wrong, swiss is correct that it should be built on a strong foundation which the game is not built on. It’s built on a weak foundation and thats a fact. A large group of cores on single player and a pvp battle can tell you that. Thats just common sense.

Also it is in fact you who are backwards here. The facts stands that there is more then enough content to make the game playable and enjoyable if no more content was added and if content took a back seat rather then optimization. Also the fact stands with all the content added over and over again the game is just as unplayable as before.

Also, you can add content for a lifetime and continue to do so right after you die and beyond before they would get to optimization. If Eleon follows your backward suggestions that is. peace

1 Like

Or a Corvette to defend them from fighter attacks. I had always liked the idea of Size class 1 CV having certain weapons and armor/shields/components, and 2 having a different list, size 3 a different list etc. Like size 5 and up can have Art’s and a max speed of 50, but no Mini guns or cannons or flak.

I would add that certain turrets not be allowed on the ‘Corvettes and Frigates’ and other weapons be disabled for ‘Destroyers and Battleships’. Same with landing craft and fighter craft. Certain docking limits for the Corvettes and Frigates. Anti SV weapons for Corvettes and Frigates with speeds slightly slower than an SV and Anti CV/Frigate/Corvette on the Destroyers/Battleships with much slower speeds than an SV and slightly slower than Frigates/Corvettes.

90/80/70/60 speeds (example)

So triangles doesnt protect as good as normal square blocks?

That is kind of a loaded question…
Technically speaking and in an ideal situation (aka single player) hitpoints are hitpoints. A pyramid has the same hit points as a cube. But when block faces mesh together in this game, the render engine ignores them, to give a bit of better performance. So if you are looking at 100 blocks in a cube, your computer is not actually rendering all 800 faces, only the ones on the outside. The pyramids and slopes and other blocks are a method of forcing the blocks to not mesh. This reduces performance (hence it also increases class size), but helps in the very specific case of “Lag shots”, in this case specifically referring to a projectile that does not pass the collision check with the outside of the ship, and so it keeps going until it sees something else. Devices are ALWAYS rendered, so when Lagshots were common, they frequently just resulted in devices popping inside of your ship with no damage to the armor around em. N64{insert crazy string of numbers here} is referring to the shutter helping now in addition to always being rendered as is the case with all devices, it also resists certain types of damage, with the EWS system.

1 Like

Ok. I read “offering real protection” like the triangles dont offer any protection except from lagshots. The lagshot part I understand since you amongst others have explained it to me earlier. Just worried that my triangle layers didnt help besides that since I got a lot of triangle layers on my designs.

I mean, Triangle (Blocks) ONLY serve as lagshot protection. In theory they should damage at the same rate as any other shape. So no. They do not help you any more than having solid blocks, in any case besides a lagshot. That’s why most of my builds generally just have one extra sheet of re-rendered surfaces in them. Because more than that is an unnecessary hit to the triangle count

1 Like

Is the bonus armor/hp for retractable turrets applied even when they are active (not hidden)?