HWS 8.X Teaser II | Universe rework | PvP | Part II + EGS Bunker Auction + Story

It says that you are allowed:

1 Faction Base and 1 Alliance Class 1 Base, but how do we set a base as “alliance”?. Or does this mean we can only have one base per alliance on the planet?

Nothing can be changed except the texture / color

Right.
This method is used already.

1 Like

The method implemented was one base per faction I thought? When you say alliance we think of anyone who is allied together.

I thought the current system was 1 Base Per Faction, with a maximum of 5 allied bases total.

I get the AM war, but can I build my base around the deposit’s (Or on top of would be better) so people just don’t snipe my AM? Someone swoops in with an SV and rails can take out an AM in one volley, then leave.

2 Likes

Yea that was my plan as soon as I read it lmao

Good point I forgot to write:
During the PvP time, you can do this. During PvE you can’t. This should give the planet even more dynamic.

3 Likes

I am happy with new season changes because with new rules / limits and restriction and smaller planets size will be like a totally new game keeping it fresh!

My first season seeing bunkers so i cannot judge

I like also the idea of making Armageddon an autominers war planet, still dont like the pve/pvp rotation because people will just remove autominers when pvp starts. Btw should be balanced by size class 4 so they need to spend a lot of time there to do the trick :slight_smile:

Today is still the 11…??? cannot wait :grimacing:

Having Arma PVP PVE rotation is good on the whole as it gives clever players and factions a chance to farm a certain amount of resources before PVP begins, and then they can retreat into the distance before the war starts, it also helps to provide for smaller factions by giving them a taste of PVP :slight_smile:

@RexXxuS Will Arma bases be built or spawned? It’d be nice to have manually built builds somewhere in the universe :slight_smile: To teach people how to properly attack a base without just needing to spawn one.

AS I’ll say one thing, it’s a real bummer to put a base down in full knowledge that someone can just spawn a bunch of bases to destroy yours, instead it would even it out if they had to build these bases on Arma, that way the PVE PVP rotation would matter less as they’d have to physically build their attack bases instead of simply spawning a bunch of them.

The whole elite builders league was made to encourage a higher skillset when it comes to PVP and base attacking and building, by removing it it feels like the PVP skill level will go down and not up alas.

A lack of HVS is going to seriously hurt people on all ends as many players in our faction find PVP too laggy to fly an SV. So they opt to take a HV instead, this will discourage a great many to come to Arma if they know they will be useless when it comes to fighting there.

Please reconsider the ‘no HVs’ rule. Even if it’s an alliance total of like 5HVs.

ALSO THIS:

3rd. I have a VERY important recommendation for some PVP-‘lite’ planets on the outskirts of the system for smaller PVP factions, planets that actively punish the big alliances like GMC+AAA+ACM and RED+OPG and allows smaller PVP factions to fight eachother. This can be easily done by:

• Making base building manual on these planets, so these factions can’t be suddenly wiped out with attack bases.

• Make the planets PVP PVE rotation so there’s a downtime between fights allowing these factions to recover.

• Force a very low number of SVs/HVS (Max Alliance SVs 5 Max Alliance HVs 3) to prevent us big factions from just swamping them.

• Give the planet a ‘pull’ factor by it having a good number of resources so the smaller factions can start to compete with the big ones when it comes to stored resources.

On the upside i think i finally have found a good reason to visit Homeworld since ever. I look forward to fighting tooth and nail on HW! :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

Yes, I forgot it and added it now.

I will reconsider it once I’m done with a big Thruster rework. At the moment all you need are tons of Thruster S/M and you are good to go. That is stupid. The Jets are totally useless in PvP and part of the “laggy to fly” situation comes from HVs with tons of thrusters.
Each of them emits particles, have a damage model, increasing the devices to render etc.
After the rework you will have cool decisions to go big but small class size (less devices since Jets replace multiple tiny thrusters) or the opposite for tactical reasons.

Until then Armageddon is just a new and fresh gameplay. There is Sathon / Jupidor if you want the “old” way of HV + PvPvE.
Since Armageddon contains Magnesium, it is meant to be challenging for base builders but also rewarding for both - if good pilots take the base out to get all the Auto Miner content.

Regarding your other suggestion:

… you will see :wink:

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. The tiny difference between Thruster M and Jet on an HV is sad.

I will give my insider on this.

Class 1 bases both on arma and GG. Class one is just that. You can have more blocks on a HV / SV then you can on a base. Isnt bases supposed to be castles where you live and not just weapons platforms ?

I would like to see Elite Builder league on HW, which from the sounds of it. It kinda is.

And yes Attack bases are lame. Personally I say add AG and have BP spawnable bases on GG, class 1 Alliance limit 1 or 2. This will prevent anyone from holding GG, and encourage raid mining and bugging out.

1 Like

GG is hardmode PvP, that’s why anti-grief is turned off. Anti-grief is lame, and there are aways to exploit it that certain factions did last season.

IS CV max class size 5.49?

I am also a fan of elite builder league in general , because pop ups are a bit insane to defend against. But as an attacker I love them because it allows a foothold… hard decision on that one.

I am not a fan of people drilling to bases, its worse than pop ups!

Fight for that gold :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for the love of God thank you !!! Now the game can be played the way it should be played

1 Like

I don’t know if spawning “pop-up” bases next to an enemy base will be as effective as it has been in the past with the new weapon changes. Chances are a class 1 base that you just spawned will get wrecked pretty hard by the time you can fuel and ammo it and wait for it’s turrets to load their first rounds of ammo. But we’ll see, there’s always the possibility of dropping multiples/decoys to soak up the damage while you get one operational I suppose. BA/BA warfare is boring anyway… I’d rather roast people with my lasers personally.
I guess it’ll come down to a question of how much resources do you have to expend to drop those bases to take out the enemy base and was it worth it, or would it have been more efficient to attack with SVs.