HWS big pre 6.0 plan coming

Ahh ok, thanks for all your work by the way Rexxus. I think it’s absolutely fantastic, do keep it up! :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

2 Likes

I heard the same thing obsey heard… Imagine if a couple different alliances put their bases right beside each other Rex. Go fly into that with a SV and see how long you last! Promise it won’t be long, I’ve had max block count sv’s in the air and still get rekt against base turrets. Arma was suppose to be a SV haven … Not a bunch of bases crammed together and anytime you fly over it you get one shotted. Cv’s get tore up against base turrets… That’s combat blocks 2k health each block kinda stuff… Sv armor is like paper compared to CV’s. We have people hiding out on arma spreading private bases like AIDS. Thought this was suppose to be a SV/HV planet, not base wars. SV and HV get rekt against bases unless you are AFK out ranging their turrets while they are offline. Nobody wants to do that. It’s no fun. Until they buff sv’s and hv’s armor they shouldn’t be fighting bases. That’s just me throwing my opinion out there. New to this forum stuff sorry! :sweat_smile:

If that’s the case i recommend an underground HV assault from multipe directions. That would be best against a massed base full of turrets.

1 Like

Lol thanks mate, we’ve thought of it. Looking for good SV fights in the air/HV fights… If I wanted to fight a base I’d be in a CV. I just thought arma was going to be more of a SV/HV Pvp area. I’m still new to the base assaulting so I’m not 100% on all of this, just going by what I’ve experienced and a lot of others agree. SV/HV blocks are WEAK and need a buff. So when it comes to fighting base turrets it’s almost impossible. I’ve seen guys snipe them out of range with Rail Guns but I don’t think it works for all planets. HV artillery is good for out ranging turrets but like I said… If they’re online you get smoked by a base turret long before you kill anything.

Yeah assaulting a base is defo the hardest part of the game. Even us folks at PKA really sturggled to take down a good UP base the other day.

The trick is getting underneath a base from multiple sides and destroying it from below. Most good PVP factions will be aware of this and will place turrets below/as well as on top of their base. But a determined attacker can whittle em away one at a time, but losses will be taken. Right now the best bet is to try and overwhelm with high numbers. A bit like the ole’ US army manual. Don’t attack unless you have a 3:1 advantage.

So if there’s 3 players defending, try attacking with 9 to stand a good chance. Also bring TONS of blueprints and ammo as you’ll need em for an extended base attack.

Best of luck to ya and best regards :slight_smile:
Wise!

Omg pls not more HVs. So look i try to explain it easyer for PKA. HV → Turrets —> Mass Lagg. Understand?
HV = Lag!

so go on. Make Lag great again. And you guys dont sleep. whats your Problem? On any time there min 5-6 PKA online!

Aha. But I dont build this Base. Its ok. I hate mass HV. its a big shit. We never should need Hvs to defent a base.!
Look above to know what i mean about HVs

Rexxxus, can you make POI on Armageddon with normal cores ? Not admin cores.

The idea is that, we can capture POI and use as base for our SV/HV respawning point for fighting. So we dont need private/faction BA on this planet anymore. And serious factions, like PKA, will not invest a lot of time and resources, becouse they know that this POI will be resetted soon. And this playfield, will be really purposed zone for sv/hv fighting only :slight_smile:

I find it exhausting how often you complain…with SWP they accepted defeat graciously. But nope, clearly there’s always something to blame OTHER than your strategy when things don’t go your way.

Stunner, we asked for slightly more HV’s as we’re a BIG faction, we also have HV tanks AND HV miners. It would be a shame to have a small HV limit to 7. I’d say 10 or 15 at LEAST.

And you’re complaining that we’re active? W…Wh…Wha…What!!! What’s wrong with us being active!!! How’s it a bad thingto keep the server populated?

About bases and attacking them with SVs. You can take down medicore base with 3 well crafted SVs if you kill homing turrets quickly. With help of good tank or two it’s not really that hard. You will probably lose some SVs and tanks but base will fall. Also underground assault with arti fire and small SVs works well. You can also use Cv for few minutes to assist you. If you can’t spawn tanks make carrier Cv or 5 load it with 7 tanks each and unload them on planet… Do I Really need to make you tutorial? ‘How to assault planet for dummies’? Like seriously? Also immortal Drone base would be nice.

1 Like

If people want to help improve the server…YES the one YOU all play on! Then how about we keep this constructive and stop dropping peoples faction names into the posts. If you think the planet is ruined by lag then just say that, no need to keep on with the constant pathetic wimpering when you get beaten in a fight. All factions lag and all suffer the same lag, sometimes in your favour sometime against, but only some people then jump on a forum and bitch abaout it like its an exploit and not due to a over stretched server running an alpha game. Stop the childish bitch posts and start posting constructive information to help yourself the comunity and the admins out! Planet lags presently due to all the HV,s simple as but no one broke any rules and no one even bothered coming to the planet for the first week to fight the guys setting up. Admins have now addressed the issue with a reduction in numbers and we can then see what may be a future cause of lag, but what ever it is lets just identify it and all agree without turning it into a inter faction moan that then looses all validity as an actual issue post…

4 Likes

Cry cry iceworld cry. You fotgot. In iceworld you could attack with your lag CVs. In Armageddon it should be SV attacking. You dont need hvs to defent your base against SVs. Only when you can build Bases. But its not my Problem. I could say it again. HV --) turrets --) laggs. You like it i know. When we Join the planet and your ships dont render for Minutes. So you are the happiest guy cause you can shoot US without we could See you anytime. You are a really hard guy… But for the others that sux. And its in cause of that stupid 9999999 hvs of you…

Hmmm it seems you are not the smartest. I try to explain you. I mean you have aktive members what is good for you. So you ever could defent your base. Point oft the point. Not more.

Pls let Zappe do that forum works. He is fine and could read correct.

You simply dont get it? on iceworld CVs were allowed and you shift the fact that there were only maximum 2-3 guys from U-P and you people playing. no one goldmining, building etc. (AND IT NEVER LAGGED LIKE ARMA)…on armageddon only SV’s are allowed, so why do you need 100 HVs? Only to lagg people down to not get there ships rendered anymore and shot them down unable to react or to disconnect them directly when reaching the planet and shoot there ships down on the ground? Somepeople still can not reconnect which goit disconnects during that short fight yesterday on armagedon and for me i took round about 45 minutes to get back in the game after your not rendered SVs shot down my grounded SV.

You simply overdo do everything everytime.

Hi RexXxuS and readers,
Considering the amount of CPU usage of the starter planets, i think they must be more harder and forced people to leave the planet as fast as possible.
I’m currently on Freelancer starter and i see many advanced base with tons of blocks ( a loss who can be used for build utilites ships or a cv ).

Maybe one empty starter with only meteorites, seaweed and water. Next an other PVE planet where real players can build a small base to consolide their ressouces and build their cv. ( an ADM emergency base for worst people can be enjoyed with somes growing crops, o2 station and a medic station. LCD’s with somes tips for commands and a link to website. )
This should be the best way to press people to leave and not losing time to build a complet base.

That mean to only players who know the game mechanics can pass this stage.
( For me it does not make sense to see the noobs asking for how to collect, how to build, how to works things. )
The server is a moded and hard if newbies come and asking things, you can be sure they will dont stay because they are not really interested by the game and less by the server. They are only here for throwing blocks, asking and complaining.
They will never go on HWS connect to take the infos.

Sorry for my bad english, i hope my feedback have interested and helped you.

I still think gold during pve is always bad thing. Look at what happened on Luci before, ppl made 5-10+ million in a week, and that was without OP SV miners. Rexxus even knew it so he changed it to iron. Pretty soon gold will barely have any value almost like epics don’t anymore (due to fa:supply). If ppl have to dig out their bases again then oh well, this thing has only been live for like a week. Hopefully that plus no pve drilling can find their way into the patch on 3/3.

As you know, i practically live here now, and i experience very little lag scrapping ships all day long, even when i get a couple visitors.

Yes I know about Gold and PvE. Sadly we can’t make this dynamically but gold is the most valuable intention to go to that planet.

Technically it is somehow possible with the tool but Jascha is quite busy right now with other things.
So I can only reduce the overall amount of gold there, yes.

1 Like

What about also making it so the POIs don’t reset at the start of PvE, but at the start of the PvP time?

As it is right now they are just free epics without any risk that only requires you to spend a few med packs

Honestly that is happening naturally over time, as well meaning and underinformed people mine out other deposits, and more meteorites of other types drop.

I[quote=“RexXxuS, post:38, topic:4816”]
So I can only reduce the overall amount of gold there, yes.
[/quote]

I’m not a fan of the “no gold on PVE” topic, nor do I think it needs to be reduced. I think the restricted hours help keep it balanced enough and the rotation is key to its success.

Gold is only a problem in quantity when only one or two factions controls it all. PVE levels that playing field. If you make it PVP only, you’re guaranteeing players who are not huge factions will never get gold.

The only people really complaining about gold in PVE are those who have or have lost monopolies on it and those who want a way to keep others from getting it. Otherwise, what’s the harm?

11 hours of gold PVE on one planet does not break this server any more than a weekend has on Luce…

IMHO, it’s a way to give the rest of the server a shot and getting credits in a server where noobs don’t even have enough to sell, let alone buy on the market. I don’t know what the beef is.

5 Likes

I agree I like gold and I am not rich at all

1 Like