HWS Deathmatch Event Discussion

by that logic

PvP battles in space or on planets ? No thanks
It will keep lagshotting.

:slight_smile:

Only 1 spot on every planet a boat can sink now through glitch, and my speedboats have the ability to recover from sinking in less than 2 seconds

RexXxuS… can the cruise liner be used as a static admin structure in a pvp team v team battle ?

Teams start each end of the ship and work toward the mid to kill each other.

Just a thought, though I think you had something like this in mind already for a while now.

I would keep it simple just use the regular classes that are used on regular pvp. For sv a regular class 1 3k blocks for fights in space or planet, i prefer space because planets cause me more lag then space. With hv’s use current max hv class size for main pvp areas just use that no need to over complicate things. max class 4 cv like it is now.

After the fight there should be some time left for players to blueprint their damaged ships so they can view it in creative to see what they need to change.

Ships or ammo should not be restored. This is pvp, your reward is the pvp itself and the chance to learn from others, yourself, and your ship.

I’m guessing this will create much more demand in the market and usage of credits to buy ammo combat steal and other things depending on the DeathMatch type. But if you restore the ships and ammo everything will be less valued because it becomes easy to get and you get everything back without much danger, and you get a more unrealistic, artificial, and godmodded feeling from the game instead of a more realistic, survival aspect, and things valued in the game.

Are we able to test those? I’m thinking garage ships over 30 mins will take some killing, with current hitpoints/damage configuration - I fought Paxxo over 3 hours to no conclusion in a standard Sv - so I think you’re being optimistic. Unless you scale the SV damage right up, this deathmatch will only be concluded if people “team up” on one target, which I’ve no doubt will be happening any way - with large groups entering with the specific mission of teaming up then letting one of “their own” win it. (We all know who I’m talking about here)
I absolutely love this idea - and it might even get me back in the server for a bit of fun, but there are some glaringly exploitable pitfalls here.