HWS Donation 2.0 | Changes & Patreon

So far ok, Patreon is with a questionmark for me, deco wont sell. Better offer some very strong PVP vessels, they should also be availabe for a high gold price to avoid „pay-to-win“.

Here really a suggestion for the penthouses : Make the base able to be modified of you wont sell it.
Basically players have to earn 150 RP to become able living on a reward planet without vessel limitation.
If a players does not want to wait for the RP but get that chance faster he can buy a penthouse. Its not pay-to-win but just a shortcut to the same reward that you can earn ingame.

I donated to change 70 to 100. The player Info tab does not have a category for the KEEP 100 M AFTER FULL WIPE. I liked seeing the green YES under KEEP 70 M, now it is gone and I have nothing to look at but the receipt, lol. I know you have it on record, but people would probably like to see the new permanent categories added in.

Thanks for the new options.

Ah, gotcha ya. Yes, HWS Connect does not reflect the change yet. I have to code it. Try to do it asap!

Reasonable. Will do asap.

3 Likes

Thank you so much everyone for the overall appreciated and kind words about the change and the direction we want to go!
I really take such feedback very serious and I’m excited to see how Patreon will go…

As always, once I’m hooked I try 100% mode on it.
So as soon as I am into it there will be more announcements about it, keeping you updated with everything until a certain point where Patrons will see “their” announcements on their dedicated page on Patreon itself.
I don’t like to bother everyone with it.

Stay tuned!

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Eb:info keep credits suggestion

Personally, I think we should keep the garage ships and anything else PvP related off the donator pages for the very reason you mentioned. I don’t think we want anyone new to the server or anyone thinking about coming to the server to see the donation page or Patreon site and think that there is any form of pay-to-win on the server at all.

Deco stuff and the chance to write your own missions may or may not be interesting for people but the chance to donate to a server, that people want to succeed, monthly is something that they’ll want to do. Not everyone, sure, but many people know that the server has an expense and will want to support in some small way and won’t have a problem with turning over a dollar each month in order to help out. The small rewards that come along with those donations won’t be turned away.

I do like the idea of penthouse availability through monthly donations though, you can get it through RP, one time donations, or monthly if added to the Patreon.

I disagree, there are any number of games out there making a lot of income from small donations specifically just for deco, everything from new outfits, different colours for the same outfits, special effects for weapons, even paying for just an appearance change to hairstyle, or tatoos etc.

Also not into pvp ships just for patrons, even if they’re also available for a high gold price.

Yes you can say its not pay to win as someone could in theory buy it for ingame gold, but how long would it take a new player to get that 50 milion or whatever to buy it with?

I’m all for having maybe a new market for patrons only, with purchases available through using rp, or new currancy patron points? obtainable through patron missions, or login rewards or whatever, and having a selection of ships to choose from, maybe new one released each month, but not for them to be more powerful than what the average player can obtain.

Also be interested in patrons maybe having more player levels, lets face it even playing casually most players will hit max level after a couple of days, thats probably 97%ish of the remainder of the season spent not leveling up anymore. Know any other games where you hit max level so fast, as i don’t.

Maybe tie those extra levels into allowing you to explore further into the galaxy, or aquiring new tech, or something, or add similar to the rp skill tree, as like levels it ends fairly quickly.

While we’re on about ships, would it be possible instead of buying a ship, as is, you can obtain one through patron, and gradually obtain more things for it over time with patron points or whatever?

eg, have maybe 6 varients of class, style, player chooses one, can then use patron currency to buy weapons to add to it, extra engines, extra devices etc?

2 Likes

50 Million? What Garage are you going to?

With that said, I think a PVE ship or a Space Station or pent house would be cool.

Since there are ships available for 30m currenly, i didn’t think it was too great a leap to assume a price of around 50m for Dm’s suggestion of even stronger pvp ships

I really like the updates and I look forward to donating with Patreon!

2 Likes

I don’t think the most expensive of the garage ships would ever be taken into PvP. Those are more leisure ships, more like Cruise ships than anything else. Also some of those are CV carriers if I’m not mistaken, still not something most would risk in PvP due to the expense.

What about Lite versions of existing Garage ships?

Could some of the Garage ships currently used in PvP be redesigned to be cheaper but still effective and therefore feel like they are less risky to lose? In turn they could be good PvP introduction ships for newer players that might want a slight nudge in PvP fights starting off.

To remove the pay to win feel completely they could be tossed in as a one time reward for some PvE mission or some such. So you can attain them in 3 ways total:

1. Patreon membership reward: once per season
  2. PvE mission reward: once per season
  3. Garage purchase: as often as you want to pay

Maybe 500k - 2.5M variant “Lite” versions? I’m not sure personally just curious if that would be something worth doing as far as our HWS Engineers are concerned.

@Crewmember123
@Quasar
@Wiseman738
@Speed
Sorry if you’re also a big PvPer, these are the ones that came to mind when thinking of Engineers/PvP.

Hmm, Why was I mentioned here?

Apologies, seen you weigh in on other PvP discussions and seen that you have a good idea of strengths/weaknesses in ship design.

I’m a total noob when it comes to PvP designs. Ask Ranzeth he likes to do that PvP thing. I am still on starter.

3 Likes

I just did the upgrade from 70 million to 100 million it cost me 10 Canadian pesos.
so now I have the ability to have a 100 million in my bank account after a full wipe.
but I do understand it would have been nice to be grandfathered in.

Looks like sarcasm, not trying to hurt feelings here haven’t seen your ship design but I know you’re not on the starter planet. I know Speed has the V-Wing right? Hammer has submitted several designs. Grizzly participates heavily in ship construction, PvP, and comments on both on these forums. Wiseman does as well. You mostly make short comments so if you do participate I assume you spend more time in game than fooling around with the forums, good for you.

I wasn’t trying to offend was just trying to ask if it’s worth it to try and make lite versions of the more popular and useful PvP Garage ships to give out as Patreon rewards and also a PvE quest chain to encourage more people to get into PvP on the server. Don’t you guys want to encourage more people to get introduced to PvP?

Problem with PVP ships is still the lag shot issue. You can hide your core behind 50 layers of combat steel… is pointless if the first lagshot takes it out.
I always take a reserve core in my inventory prior to ship combat, just in case…

I like the idea of very expensive and very strong PVP ships. So a player can be the „big number one“ on Golden Globe… till a bunch of foes take his baby out of the game😛

I also like that idea in the way of „EGS bunker“, but not completly invulnerable, just very very very strong (tons of additional turrets). So that a strong faction can take it out with lots of efforts and patience and losses… but not like now when every solo noob in a SV can kill bases at will.

What are you talking about ? Lag shots are mostly gone what you see is splash damage. And guns don’t even shoot at the core.

I have actually already designed a ‘lite tank’ and submitted it to the garage. As far as ‘lite SV’s’ we already have them, the Scorpa, Maur, Evan Maur, Expusition, Recon, and the one I would like to see the most in this role: The Recon SE. Also the Hog (No idea what anyone is supposed to use it for) and the Titan should be mentioned as ‘semi light’.

However a pent house like space station (with like four guns on it to prevent camping) would be totally boss. Maybe for one the of the larger packages? And put it in Donor space?