• Recon - 6M - More for PvE I would assume with all that glass up front
  • Recon SE - 6M - More of a mobile base than a combat SV
  • Maur - 5M - Doesn’t look like a PvP ship, looks like a repair ship
  • Evan Maur - 6M - Not for combat either
  • Scorpia - 5M - Nice looking
  • Expusition - 5M - Nice looking
  • Hog - 7M - I agree with you
  • Titan - 5M - Miner, not a combat SV

I was more referring to SVs that would range from 500K - 2.5M in cost(fairly low cost but could still be classified Garage) that have some unique features that make them unattainable without purchasing through the HWS Garage or gaining through the missions/donator packages but can still be effective in combat situations.

@Crewmember123 which ones do you think would be worth turning into lite variants? Scorpia(5M) and Expusition(5M)? There’s also the V-Wing(13M), Kolfskot(15M), and PO-7(9M). What should the cutoff be for price on the lite versions given as donator and PvE mission chain rewards? I don’t imagine Rex would want the value to be too high even if it was one time per season.

Anything with an alien core should be priced fairly high. They are more of an end-game item for the masses to look forward to purchasing, if they want one so bad they can donate the 9 euros for a core. What they do with it then is their choice, and the lower models can use a standard player core.

2 Likes

Makes perfect sense.

I’m not sure about ‘fairly priced’ garage ships; mostly due to new players being more likely to spend their money to upgrade OAM and AM levels and if farming gold are likely to attempt to save up for something more fleeting than a garage ship, maybe instead some sort of community led movement towards providing some free PVP-esque ships just to get the noobs started, or maybe if it could be bought after a specific amount of ‘playtime’ instead of currency.

Best regards
Wise.

3 Likes

Or instead of playtime they could use RP. But either case they should only come with a standard player core.

4 Likes

Both points i totally agree with! I failed to consider RP points, that’s a good thought, also encourages new players to try and roleplay a lil’ bit more :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

2 Likes

Well that’s basically what I’m trying to figure out here. Where’s that threshold for what’s acceptable for a “once a season” Patreon Donator PvP ship, and at what tier. 9 euros/11 dollars so the 8 euro/10 dollar monthly patreon donor could get that ship once at the start of each season, and which ship?

Also the PvE mission chain for it doesn’t have to be easy. It can start in PvE space and then end in PvP space where they would then get the SV and be encouraged to test it out. Just a thought on how to encourage new players to get into PvP, it may not be a great idea. The idea to make it a cheaper Garage ship was so that it wasn’t as hard to attain in case the player liked the ship and wanted to re-purchase it after they lost it(or if they just want another one later). Also to avoid the entire pay-to-win accusations. When you make a PvP ship a reward for donators and then that PvP ship is hard to get because it is extremely expensive so would take a good deal of time in-game to save up for then you still get accused of pay-to-win.

There should be distinct differences between a patreon donation reward ship and one purchased from the garage.

That’s my initial instinct as well, and I wouldn’t want anything high value/power given out as a donator reward even through other means. Should have to use in-game currency, and I like that there’s technically no way to purchase in-game currency, just carry it over from previous seasons.

So it may be that anything cheaper doesn’t feel like a Garage ship then? Do they stop being as unique without the Alien Core even if they do get some of the other perks like extra guns?

No infinite power/O2. It can still have unique bells and whistles. Just unique in its own right.

They are all PVP ships. Some are better than others. Just ask @TheState or @Crewmember123. You should see what I did to my Prometheus. The Recon SE I think fills the role the best due to its ability to used as a PVE mobile base or a lite pvp ship.

But do garageships necessarily have to come with an alien core? Lite versions could be with a normal core, and perhaps the possibility to upgrade later by inserting a bought / looted / whatever alien core.

They are NOT PvP ships, they can be reworked to BECOME PvP ships.

Kind of depends on the ship. ‘Most’ garage ships have CV thrusters and RCS. Since they are designed to have an alien core in them having lots of large fuel tanks was an after thought at best. Since most ships are SV’s and now we have a 3k block limit you might have a hard time getting some of the ships to run for more than a few minutes before running out of fuel. SV fuel tanks just don’t cut it for CV engines.

If it costs enough RP, it should have an alien core. Otherwise you will bump into a fuel supply problem. Just ask @karuoxa or @Supreme_Admiral

That is assuming it is a copy as well… I designed and submitted a lite tank as I said above, it is mostly normal minus the (SV plasma, SV rockets, Advanced constructor) so it doesn’t require an alien core to function as it uses all standard HV parts.

We could design ‘newbee craft’ for the whole 30 point faction bonus thing like I thought was going to happen originally. Just a thought.

Yeah, @Chaplain_5-15 is spot on. Garage ships featuring CV thrusters need either an alien core, or T2 fuel tanks and an irritating amount of fuel. Of coarse, if you lose the T2 fuel tanks and cannot replace them, you’re SOL. Only way to make the ship flyable again… you guessed it… alien core.

If you want combat steel plating, you need CV thrust. If you have CV thrust, you need an alien core. The entire garage would need a massive overhaul if you were to start taking alien cores out of things.

The 30M ship is the Grand TIE CV. Consider the most expensive SV/HV. Nowhere near that.

Pricing aside, we don’t need stronger garage ships. Several of the ones we already have last VERY long in combat if modified/used correctly. I fundamentally disagree with widening the gap between starting and veteran players. There should obviously be one, but it should not be massive.

give it up with the pricing confusions already, I was using it as an example, in reply to Darks post, not an absolute :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides, you should have quoted Dark, not me, I agree with you, as I was saying in my post that for the average new player without a season behind them, most garage ships are already out of their reach, so even stronger more expensive ones certainly aren’t needed :slight_smile:

I don’t like giving DM attention. He craves it. Makes him feel special.

2 Likes