HWS Donation rework part III

We also think a better server would make also less troule for us and more fun for you. But if you say YES, then we need to make sure we are able to pay it. But I think that should be possible with so many active players.

If, then we want to do it as a testrun on US first. US has more donation income and would be easier to finance then. We had to choose one. If we do both at the same time and the donations dont follow then it will cost us personally quite a lot :|. 1000 and more for 2 Server is insane.
Also we would like to make the real performance test first. So we want to see if such a beast really brings the performance we wish. If its just a bit, then the price is not worth it. It has to be a drastic difference. If that all works, then EU will be next on the listā€¦

Honestlyā€¦ Its INSANE what we do. Already now we have a server where you could host multiple gamesā€¦ but I guess we all love that game so much that we dont care. Maybe we should ask goolge to lend us one of their Data-Centers ;). No really its already insaneā€¦

Maybe it would be a 2 CPU, 28 Cores / 56T and 512 GB RAM, thats nearly double the power we have now. Will see. Thats the best we could find with our hoster so far.

You dont want those - theyā€™re designed to be disposable. :slight_smile: I run an enterprise Network, used to run DCā€™s - $600 a month would be, without margin, a $36,000 serverā€¦ Compared the iron we sling around, thats borderline commodity. a 128 core server (chassis w blades) would be upwards of 158kā€¦ or so. :wink:

You guys arent doing too bad when you bake in the margin for the hoster.

Good luck guys!! i think this will be an overwhelming yes, and youvā€™e practically sold out your next 3 seasons of planetsā€¦ soā€¦ Lets do this! lol

In regards to penthouses this is something I am rolling with and things are not finalised. Will Consider all aspectsā€¦ This is just a teaser wait for the full release coming in the near future :slight_smile:

In terms of giving your own land this is not possible and you canā€™t add or take away from admin coreā€¦ Which means a few thingsā€¦ 1 performance on the planet can be controlled nicely and 2 its black and white all have the same ā€˜in packageā€™ putting the responsibility on players to build sensibly and withing limits so you donā€™t have 2 OCD canā€™t be assured as a wholeā€¦ Admin core POI is what the penthouses are which is why they will nerver be deleted until the server full wipe so it really is a place where you have total safetyā€¦

Also it can be powered on all the timeā€¦ Free fuel so constructors run 24/7 and if we have lots of those etc is great a big disadvantage.

Like pointed out the idea is for solo players to have a slice of ā€˜donator planetā€™ but with some greater perksā€¦ Admin coreā€¦ And downsidesā€¦ No customisation

Another cool thing is the locations of these planetsā€¦your be well involved with the universe :slight_smile:

Like I say itā€™s still not 100% complete and am. Considering everything bit by bit.

:blush:

1 Like

Looks like some solid changes. I donā€™t understand the NPC trader changes though. Is this a form of price fixing? Does 7k / 100 items mean that there will be a minimum charge of 7k / slot to buy a package?
Also, I vote for an upgraded server. I think the vast majority of players enjoys the PvE aspects of the game, but want to be able to PvP. The trick is finding the balance to make PvP rewarding, without forcing it so much that it becomes too hostile all the time.

1 Like

Good changes ! what about removing the nearly desert PVE EU server to boost too the PVP EU server ? :smiley:

1 Like

Sounds really good if you got a plan for the Server performence. This game is so nice and make a lot of fun but if fight three ships the server died. Thats not good for the gameplay and destroy a lot really a lot of fun. So i hope you get a new server and we all can one day have good fights without dc lags or something like this. good luck

I am for one big universe!

You only need a box for things that cant go in OCDā€¦

2 Likes

lol. But mb for this too ))) Epic guns, money and some CV/BA parts which I want get fast. Why not? )

Rex, please dont forget about pve/pvp balance. Now server is declaring as PVP, but 42% are PVE territories.
Lets try to make PVE/PVP ratio about 10-20% for project 6.0 :slight_smile:

Amazing changes! :smiley: love it, the penthouses I can see selling like hot cakes and will be a lot less cpu intensive than donator planets iā€™m guessing. Maybe all the poeple playing on pve server will come over just becuase of the penthouses and pve server will be completely empty xD

Sad that there is no way to have more than 1 server per universe handling different areas of planets :disappointed: then pvp in low density areas will have a huge performance increase compared to the high density clustered living spaces.

Disagree completely with this.

Thatā€™s the point. You can already put in CV parts to OCD. You canā€™t put epic and gold in OCD now, why would they change that now. This would give you a safe box to stick all your epics. If you have more than a cargo box full, thatā€™s a different problem all together.

3 Likes

Cool a hut but not being able to modify it might be a deal breaker for many.

Get a bigger N/A server.

Good job Rexxxus

I think the whole idea of not being able to modify it is to keep it really cpu efficient as each house could share the same proxy so when entering planet you only need to load the model once.

1 Like

Look to auxilio for the POC and pilot city. Same story there.

Itā€™s functional, it does the job and does it well. I think many will quickly get over the loss of purple and greens.

1 Like

hahahaha it was about time donation changes lol i welcome the changes with open arms lol nice work hws team :grinning:

4 Likes

Are you including Donor planets in this presumably made up statistic? Because when you look at the whole server, in terms of where the average person can go, there is absolutely ZERO pve area that they can live in. They can buy a planet, and get pve for helping the server. They can park in market and get taxed to oblivion. They can fresh start back to start without their stuff. Or they can gain RP and get to the reward planets. None of these are unrestricted pve. All come with their own significant costs. The only openly available pve territory in 5 (openly available meaning unrestricted, and not requiring rp) is lucifer, on saturday and sunday! Do you really genuinely think that there needs to be LESS pve zones? Are you not seeing the number of people who are not used to the pace of this server (aka Offline protection disabled, mostly pvp, loads of offline raiding, base defense impossible) come in for a few days, get wrecked, and leave? Because I am seeing it on a daily basis. And yes it is on them to find out pertinent facts, but I really feel like a rotation planet system similar to 4 might work better for this goal, rather than the type that we have now where the majority of the rotation is unavailable due to low RP. You may complain about this little zone of safety, but it is this zone and itā€™s moving that created the large amounts of pvp that we saw in 4.0, with people transitioning from rotation to rotation, and through the warps to homeworld to get rare materials. This is the kind of dynamic I hope for in 6. By no means a pve fest. But accessible pve nonetheless. Even if we were able to put limits on that planet similar to what we have now for starters to prevent massive buildup of bases and ships.

4 Likes

Yes, sorry, it was not inclusive to the words before (restricted). PvPvE rotation was meant to be open for all.

Two days ago there were 26 people on it! Patience patience :wink:

1 Like

Do you plan to have more planets available than the current limits?

One ore type is kinda meh.

At this point I expect people to double up for an Iron and Sathium planet or to share access between other factions to their planets.

Kinda off topic - but are we going to get improved resource drilling rates in the near future?

Weā€™ve relied on autominers for resources because drilling them is painfully slow. Sathium used to be just fine - and they ruined that.

Itā€™s hard to say if this is a good change or a bad change without seeing what the rest of the universe will look like.

In 5.0 only donators and those with access to RP locked pve planets have an easy time getting basic resoruces. If in 6.0 nobody has an easy time getting basic resources - thatā€™s not an improvement.

I would agree that in 5.0 donator planets were too good, but making them bad is not the direction Iā€™d go.

Empyrion needs vastly improved drilling rates and I hope we get that in 6.0 - as otherwise we will be living on the fat we built up in 4.x and 5.x

Very good job rexx ā€¦
About a pve server for NA: definitely not, please improve the NA server, to improve my latency and do away with the lags.
Another request I have for you, would you be able to get a server with physical geographic location in the USA on the east coast, the florida strip for example or anywhere on the east coast of the USA, players in america and america South would be great ā€¦

1 Like