HWS Donation rework part III

Share is care :wink:

Overall yes, I ask Eleon to improve it even though I think this is mapped to the dedicated.yaml setting
DiffPlayerProgression. And our plan is to change it for 6.0 anyways.
Also with the HVs there is a legit way to earn more, maybe better in a group with drill turrets but still faster than by hand back in the days I guess. We will see.

Regarding the universe and resource contribution we think it will serve everyone needs but still with the basic intention ā€œback to the rootsā€ (not easy peasy) in mind we lived in 3.X and 4.X.

I am bounded by the provider and he has currently only North America as a location. But as soon as I find good offers I will check them out.

Thing about 3.X is that SVs were what you fought in. Not CVs, and even the CVs were cheaper.

4.0 saw a massive increase in cost of CVs due to the new combat steel block - and they became the primary combat vessel.

I played in 3.x as well, and my SV was what - 4k iron? That was easy to mine with a T2 drill. I didnā€™t evene use the server autominers.

We had a ā€˜massiveā€™ base CV that cost 36k iron in 3.4 and that was ā€œa lot of ironā€ for us.

In 4.0 SVs because pointless for PvP and CV costs rapidly balooned to 150k iron ships.

Going back to the roots isnā€™t going to work when combat ships went from being 4k iron SVs to 150k iron CVs.

I would prefer we not have autominers at all rather x10 mining rates. Believe me I donā€™t enjoy looting autominers, Iā€™d rather be HV or CV mining - but at the current mining rates it just doesnā€™t work.

This is how much our primary combat ship costs in 5.0 :

I cannot imagine mining this with an HV or a CV.

1 Like

I see, I seeā€¦

Done :wink:
Wait and see in 6.0ā€¦

I miss the SV fights tbh :confused:

2 Likes

Same. Although OP4 absolutely obliterated me every single time.

Maybe Sv combat block is a good option, can make Sv a little better and survive a few seconds more against BA and CV, but CV should be allowed to use flak on the planet

1 Like

Isnā€™t your host based in Canada on the east coast for NA? Thats pretty close in terms of network to the requested US East Coast. My network packet doesnt care that its across the border.

I dont believe to Rexxxus about donation, becouse he cant give me warranty and he has complete right to cancel or change idea of donation.

Ok.
doĀ·naĀ·tion
dōĖˆnāSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: donation; plural noun: donations
something that is given to a charity, especially a sum of money.
ā€œa tax-deductible donation of $200ā€
synonyms: gift, contribution, present, pledge, handout, grant, offering;

I am not sure what you expect here.

4 Likes

You must have some problem, it is not possible ā€¦ again the same thing, oce is not buying a commodity, donor planets is an inverse of rexx that aims only to please those who help you to keep turning HWS, that pate of that you Do not you understand, you eat grass by the roots?

1 Like

I oppose donation because I donated money to the server under the expectation that it would be spent on alcohol and instead it was spent on a shortened domain name for the server that would improve life for everyone in the community.

#NotMyAdmin

9 Likes

This is a good point.

I suggest a ā€œBuy Rex Beer Till He Likes Itā€ donation option.

Edit: This should also be the only required ā€œguranteedā€ donation where Rex has to post a video of him drinking the beer and pretending to like it.

9 Likes

People Really need to understand the meaning of the word donateā€¦
by your logic your willing to enjoy and play on a server thats provided to you FREE OF CHARGE this mean no cost to you, Unless you choose to DONATE, This is in no means you purchasing a product, this is solely cause your a good guy and you are thankful for what the HWS team is providing for you, again FREE OF CHARGE. sadly it is not FREE OF CHARGE for the HWS team and as rex has stated he put his hand in his own pocket to fund this project initially.
No harm having donations and I for one think that its a great idea, its not to tempt you to donate its to thank you for doing so! lets face it the donation page could be a bland blank page where all you can do is simply donate with nothing in return. wouldnt stop me from wanting to donate because i appreciate what the team work so hard to provide us and i want to help as much as i can.
Pissed off with stupid people causeing issues and trouble when there is really no call for it. Show some bloody gratitude, this is not just directed at speco but to all who have posted similar responces to this donation topic, ive been watching for a while >:[

4 Likes

+1 I wholeheartedly support this donation and would spam it.

4 Likes

Grow up Xanif, you canā€™t get everything your way.

2 Likes

Sorry, forgot the :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it would be cool if each penthouse donator could just spawn their own class 1 BA structure wherever they want to.

Iā€™m sure most ppl have different personal tastes.

Awesome! Speaking as a donator planet contributor, I think this is a great way to keep fueling the increasing costs for HWS servers. I feel like weā€™re still hitting the jackpot - I canā€™t imagine how much time Rexxus, etc. are putting into making this even possible.

In addition to the donation system it would be really neat if we could start up a more long term fundraising goal (by region) to help the HWS crew purchase an even more powerful server.

Thanks for the hard work!

3 Likes

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

Quick Info for 6.0:

Theme package prices:

I didnā€™t get a lot of feedback but since I spent the whole day in NPC Traders I saw that 7k per 100x Component slot is way too cheap. So I changed it to 17k.

A bit detailed:
Assuming that someone pushes 100 advanced constructors as npc package this is by far a multiple factor of the 5k resource theme price - which I also increased to 7k because of Hydrogen 999er and Pentaxid 999er stack sizes.

At least in 6.0 where we have pentaxid deposits this is the better approach.

At the moment it is bit weird, strange, questionable or whatever but see it at that point:

HWS had in pre alpha - 1.0 an own Marketplace + Elemental Bank giving you items. Then we had the Auto Miner inflation. The the 3% interest inflation. Then the countless dupes. and and and. We donā€™t have a kind of ā€œnormalā€ setup.

6.0 is the beginning of a normalization. Eleon Marketplace prices need to take NPC packages + Blackmarket prices into account. Gold distribution in the universe will be adjusted accordingly. Over time we try to achieve that new people are able to buy stuff no matter where and veterans can spend their ā€œhardā€ earned money wisely too.

4 Likes