HWS Garage | New feature and Structure Commander upgrade

Achilles SV workshop is open and preparing some special things for 6.0 :wink:

1 Like

I think we go wrong way. Maybe better make garage workshop - upgrade ships not make a cheater ships SV in CV armor) Ppl give youown ship for upgrade (for example - add more mounted weapons (max 10) or add some extra turrets on it (x2 fro example) for the some price - yes it is need time and admin work - but maybe make it in 3-5 days ))). IMHO SV with CV armor break this almost unbalanced game more.

P.S. Or maybe not sell ready ships, but give the ability to spawn yourown with some limitations.

why upgrade normal ships? whats the point, i would go so far as to rather limit the amount of weaposn on cv as its way to high atm. I’d rather see specialization where people would get a bonus for sticking to certain types of weapons and have more limits of those instead of having some of everything.
The point was to revive sv combat again by giving them more of a fighting chance.

It is just the beginning and a little preparation for 6.0. For now just for having fun till 6.0 comes out.

We make special use cases ships. Every ship with special purposes.

We can’t let you spawn such ships but as I said: send us your blueprints you like and we pimp them. Or if you know how to “hack” these ships, just send us the zip so we don’t need to do it.

This is just the ‘Breaking in’ phase, looking to the future yea maybe we can add a feature that allows player modification but right now in the game we cannot add this feature (cough Jascha can’t)

The SV in 6.0 wont be overpowered in a way that make a player invincible or fight unfair, CV turrets/weapons

Small changes to SV to make the player want to spend ingame money allso, what else do people use it for lol

so for example

A scout SV that has a speed advantage over other SV but few weapns and exposed

A dropship again with little fire power but quick acceleration so you and your faction can easy cruise around PVE planets with a large SV but not have kick the hell out of having loads of thrusters and RCS so they will lookl nice but be great in performance etc

A fast attack warbird that might have combat blocks and some extended SV weapons (6 pulse instead of 4) but the cockpit exposed so still not going to help you against a CV but lessons the need for crappy looking SV and loads of thrusters

The aim is not so players can buy ‘godmode’ ships…this now in 5.0 is a teaser of what we can offer…

but think more like the standard but better in a way that offers advantages for the money you pay but nothing that will mean you can dominate over and over…

I used to hate SV fights when id come up against a cube, but that was the only way to protect things…CBlocks means a player can have a nice looking SV without the layers and layers…but at a cost of course

A teaser for 6.0

Name: Undecided

Specs

Acceleration: 0-40 0.2 seconds
Agility: maneuverability exceptional
Defenses: Complete Combat steel besides wings and cockpit. Windows CV armored and thrusters CV.
Weapons: 6 x SV pulse
Fuel: Alien core
Top speed: 40ms on planet (default game setting)

The ‘x’ is a combat SV that is military grade, Designed for picking off other small SV on planets the ‘x’ is one of the most agile and elegant ships of her kind, She can dodge like no other and can catch up to enemy ships quick…Light and nimble the ‘x’ is the number one choice for any person wanting to fall from the sky and inflict pain, whilst upholding dignity when things get tough she can ease her way out of combat with a few sharp turns

3 Likes

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

Do Alien Cores not use standard fuel? That’s kind of cool.

After reading this thread and thinking about it, I’m more okay with this now. Sounds like nothing in the garage will be better in a straight up CV battle than the player made ships with layers and layers of armor, but still sounds like the garage ships will have their place. Looking forward to actually getting enough credits to check some out.

:yum:

1 Like

I went to pick one up and they’re all sold!! Guess we’ll be going custom!

As 6.0 is a little bit longer than expected, I will release the new ones soon.

will announce on here soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is an SV that has been developed from the very start of this game. Its not a “tank SV” but extremely agile and I use it today as my multipurpose SV.

1 Like

Start lining up guys…

these will sell like hot cakes

SV mining…with a lot of extras also!

One from me (9 driller)

and the red one made by a community member called Upgrade, from EFA NA server :slight_smile:

5 Likes

NICE!!! They will sell quickly!!

How does one do this? This will change the game of mining entirely! :smiley: :smiley: We might consider that SV mining rigs be limited in drills, or you can kiss the HV miner and EVERYONE who cant afford one of these goodbye in terms of getting their hands on gold mets.

Still cant wait to get one tho… Just saying, gonna suck for those guys. XD

For the smaller 4 drill, I started with an SV frame, pilot seat, gen, and support items. Converted to CV for thrusters, RCS, a larger fuel tank and CV mining drill. Converted to HV for drills and Harvest modules. Final conversion back to SV. I had a few combinations that bugged out and locked to the ground, this last one with the CV thrusters broke free.

That 9 drill looks like it could dig out a mountain base pretty fast. Really aside from resourcing and risking these expensive units that cannot be easily replaced or repaired, a faction might better use them to excavate with precision.

2 Likes

Right how much? So far I have my soul, left arm and right leg can prob manage the left leg but not sure how to cut of my right arm without having the chew through at the shoulder haha :stuck_out_tongue: Sv miner FTW :slight_smile: …Bought the starflier thinking it would be able to mine on planets :frowning: ahh well still a nice wee toy haha, sent rex a BP of a nice little scout recon sv (the one I use) be nice to see it pimped :smiley:

1 Like

The Fastest SV credits can buy…

Its not good in a fight but comes equipped with some handy machines and at a speed of 62 (planet) 137 (space) there ain’t no one catching you :smiley:

The untimate way to get around quick :wink:

2 Likes

the Cv-Titan was built backwards as i found out.

these all sound awful and it makes me sad.

2 Likes

What exactly is the point of this? The ships really don’t look all that good, and I suspect that the only reason they will be any good (outside of adding blocks to them after buying them) is because they break the limits of the game that the devs have implemented, presumably for the sake of some balance.

Have you guys just found you can tweak the block limitations and the block type limitations of each vessel type and set your mission to ruin the #1 popular server with this pay to win crap? I thought this game was about designing good ships and piloting them well to gain upper hands over your opponents, not just having an arbitrary advantage over your opponent through a pay wall.

I like the fact you are attempting to address the lag issues with class 4 ships that are outfitted with extra blocks to break the class limit, that is something I support. This however, is a bad idea, and in my personal opinion should be stopped now.

1 Like

It’s in game currency, not real life money. You have the same opportunity as everyone else to gain said advantage. No arbitrary advantages here.

You can’t buy in game currency with real life money, so no “pay wall”.

1 Like