HWS Garage update I | 4 new ships

That would be the Frankenstein, it has 9 furnaces on a CV… not sure on the Advanced constructors but since it is a CV you can always add more.

I just want to point something out. I BELIEVE so correct me if I am wrong, no one is unhappy with how I designed the ship really. It is a more powerful version of a SV miner (IMHO). It also fills MANY roles not just one to reduce the number of garage ships you need to buy. Here is why you are really upset. It isn’t cheap. If it where 8 mil, people would scream it is over powered, it is 17 mil so people scream it is under powered and has no purpose. Sorry you cannot please everyone.

Hey Chaplain,

the critics was not concerning your creative skills as designer but the question :

„Nice ship,now, what can i do with it ?“

To answer that question with the Raider as example : Nothing
If i want to do some mining, i take the X7. If i want PVP fighting i take Prometheus/V-Wing/self made vessel. I dont take the Raider to crush guys on GG. Its jack of all trades but master of none.

Do you catch the point now ?

Of course you could answer „I go mining and if a ganker appears i fight him with my 8 guided missiles !“… ähhhh… no, you dont. Perfect would be a modification of the raider replacing the guided missiles with turrets. Such a vessel would be bought, the Raider as it is at the moment ? No. If you dont believe me just ask Rex for the sales results.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You could also look at the reply of Nikolai Tesla, he asks very specific questions concerning vessel possibilities and has dedicated suggestions.

@NikolaTesla the Diablo is non-homing missiles, so nothing for a SV dogfight, but sneaking into someones back and unleashing 21 rockets is certainly funny😉

Hell yes @RexXxuS thank you for bringing back Diablo and for additional ships, and screw the criticism. The first response shouldn’t have been a selfish half assed response, if they want a ship for their purposes then tell them to make one and quit bitching.

It is still the fastest, most powerful SV miner in the game… I think you are missing this.

Klofsnot’s are 15mil… have 8 homming rockets… No SV drills, no repair bay, etc.

If it where 8 or 9mil people would say ‘What is the point of X-7?’ I will just buy the Raider.

Sorry you don’t like. Don’t buy one.

I made a 21 drill HV reaper for GG if you’re interested. I was thinking you could only buy it on GG. It has no weapons and isn’t heavily armored.

harvester.epb (3.3 KB)

(Can’t upload to workshop)

Lol @CaptainJack I was talking to Grizzly and telling him that you always respond like that. I was actually defending you, saying that the negativity is more just a style that you use but whatever call me a troll if you get your feelings hurt so easily. I didn’t disagree with your assessments though. Don’t have a stake in garage ships personally.

Noone buys Kolfskots either

@everyone last little update:
I updated the three new Garage ships. They are not hurting in the eyes anymore (brightness) and the Raider has only mining as purpose now and cost 10m

Very nice, i will for sure buy 2 Explorers and maybe the updated Raider but have to check it out first :wink:

If you ever find the bases where the stargates lead to you win a free cookie :joy::stuck_out_tongue:

Is there a way you can bring back the original Raider? Like these Freelancer specials for example? Didn’t follow the crying here, I would be potentially interested in a Maukot-7B, errr, Raider in original configuration.

1 Like

When I bring back the origin Garage Outposts this might be an option, yes.
Not sure for what origin though yet.

The raider is nice now, 25% more mining capacity compared to the X7 and certainly more survivability in case of an attack on Golden Globe.

But the price must be adjusted, X7 is 9 million, so the Raider should be maybe 12 ?

NA, leave it at 10 mil for everybody and charge @CaptainJack 12 mil.

1 Like

Well, i intend to buy a lot, but need some storage place as Rex will restrict the Eden vessel capacity on friday.

Which is good for the server & lag, but bad for my PVP vessel empire :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maths with DarkMiracle: 9 * 1.25 = 12 :thinking:

New Raider is harder to brick up than the X-7B and has no mining turret, way better for GG but worse for meteors, deposits, and obviously asteroids. The armor is less durable than that of the X-7B and needs additional work to protect both the core and the explosive mess that is that ammo/fuel/generator/warp installation. The price in relation to the X-7B is ok.

3 is 25% of 12. i can explain it more in detail, if this explanation was too short to be understood by your IQ.

Also the sales sign on ECC garage for the raider should be updated to „10 million“, by now it is still „17“. As mentioned, 10 is too cheap compared to the X7.

But the move of Rex was realistic here.

I would also suggest to streamline the V-Wing versus the Prometheus in the same way you did for the X7->Raider (cheap miner-> luxury miner).

So the V-Wing could get maybe 15 guided missiles and become a bit more expensive in exchange to let it shine as „luxury PVP vessel for players with too much money“.

Yes, if you substract 25% from 12 you get to 9. If you add 25% from 9 to 9 you don’t. I can explain it in more detail but that was actually already the entire thing.

It would be nice if you could add actual facts to the discussion instead of repeating yourself without any arguments.

3 Likes

Don’t pull the IQ card when you can’t count, fella :rofl:

Let me illustrate … if 1000 goes up to 2000 … that’s a 100% increase, right ?
But you would say (wrongly) 50% increase, as to you 1000 is 50% of 2000.

The correct answer above is of course 33.333%, because +3 is 33% of 9.
You use the original value to calculate a percentage change, not the final total :rofl:

:brain: :arrow_right: :horse:

1 Like