HWS mid-season patch announcement | Limits | Part 1

Autostealth will only affect pve playfields right? Because i imagine pvp bases protected by hovers that will autostealth… :smile:

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m not developper, but as i understood, sealthed ships are a big save for server performances…

So, why not set an auto-sealth for ship after one week for UNVISITED structures, then removed after 2 weeks as it is now.

This auto-sealth could have to be removed by spending credits, RP or whatever… (more than the usual sealth but that might block new players…)

=> save serv performances
=> do not block beginners
=> only pve?

Just trying to be constructive…

1 Like

Sorry for creating yet more work for you and taking up you valuable time, its always easy for us to say JU can code this and JU can code that. :grimacing:
Was hoping it would be a case of editing the existing stealth code rather than a complete rewrite.

You have to think along the lines of any new players coming in to the server that have no credits but want to play casual, Autostealth would remove some of the pressure on the server but should be easy “free” for the players to use. Keep it less complicated and the new players will come back and grow, put things like cost in the way and the new players won’t stick around.

What I am suggesting may have been posted once a while ago, or considered at one time. But, I’m suggesting this in hopes it is considered as a “possible” assist for a solution to cut down on CPU stress and other factors:

I know the basis for the reason of having a 15 day unattended structure wipe. However, consider diminishing the time to 8 days and for players wanting to keep structures longer than 8 days due to vacation/holiday/work, etc, apply a tax. Then to back that up, if the structure is still unattended for 15 days or tax is not collected due to a negative balance, the system will delete said structure.

The server can self police itself and get rid of unattended structures in less time assisting in deleting “unwanted or unused” structures that will ultimately affect the server performance.

I read Rex’s post stating that 3000 players visited the server and had 10000 structures. When you look at that number, it comes down to an avg of 3.3 structures per player. That is technically under what the rules state a player can have for max structures.

Just my opinion and I say now, I may be missing something in viewing this.

I don’t think this would work. (From my knowledge) most of the performance issues, doesn’t come from begginers, but the people that has played for a little while. Think of it this way - The longer you’ve played, the more ships you can afford to build.

Was thinking the same, but 8 days is very low, and beginners without any credits will be fined too much… As BigRed says, we need to be open for new players…

Maybe some auto-sealth on some specific spaces… (not starters etc.)

Remember, 8 days is for consecutive days without a structure visit. New players who do not come back within 8 days are probably not coming back. So, it makes sense to have 8 days.

Think to hollidays, people must be able to get 15 days without seeing everything disapear…
Or else code again and set 8 days but allow us to get a joker once for hollidays (one month or 15 days of not-visitiing structures without seeing it disapear)

I support his suggestions. That way could possibly save some more Performance. Thumbs up.

Just spam server with message “structures will autostealth to prevent zirax attacks in 24 hrs if not touched!” Visit HWS connect to unstealth your structures!.

RexXxus I do not know if you and jascha know; plus that tone that simulates the polished marble causes a gigantic delay, especially when you paint the same white, I discovered this recently talking to players of other servers …

Hi. Maybe some free or little tax parking area like jumpgates now? On PvE orbits.
I play myself week over two week and gladly agree to park my ships to stealth parkingplaces to keep them out of dissapearing.
At moment my clanmates just moving them around to keep them alive.

maybe we can lower CV class limits in the most competitive PVP playfields for a more fun CV fight? Class 7 is rather ridiculous In my opinion. Maybe class 5 or even class 4.

As a solo player in my faction (active player on you server), limiting structures seems a great idea, i will delomish every almost unused bases and ships (i must recognized that i was using teleport monolith a lot and had a SV and at list one base in every PVE playfields).
I hope this will improve server stability.

Afro

2 Likes

Hi,

Read and everything nice for me :+1:

There’s a better offer as I think after 12 hours of idle vehicle should get out automatically in stealth. I think this will allow lower cost programming to increase the load of the server, as well as more productive to use Honor points in which to spend the withdrawal of the ship from stealth and not to enter in stealth.

1 Like

ok so, let me just put this out there.
if your PC is struggling with Empyrion, structure limits isn’t going to magically fix your problems.
there is a lot more than just “rendering blocks” going on.
sure a reduction of structures will reduce load, but that wont alleviate lag on its own.

Also this still will not fix laggy PvP.
I know strict pvp players need something to blame, but this isn’t the cause of your problems, its a symptom. some people here are making the assumption that “hard structure limits” will be the holy grail and fix PvP.

as The State had once said (paraphrasing)

Empyrion is a single player game, with multiplayer and PvP shoehorned in.

also, ive been within or below the proposed limits, all of this season, aside from a few ships for sale.
so as Paxxo said “you pve players are ruining my game”, nope.

I hope new server will be HWS RU - Russia (Я надеюсь новый сервер будет HWS RU - Россия)

Pve playfields laggy - Fact
Pve playfields crashes - Fact
Pve playfields affects pvp playfields due to overloading the cpu - Fact
Where is your god now?

1 Like