HWS mid-season patch announcement | Limits | Part 1

maybe you should go back to a pvp only server.

Me and more than a half of the server, sure.
I never said that pve players should leave, just limits for all.
But hey Jeeves the selfish has spoken.

come again? trying to start a fight?
you have been vehemently going after everything PVE for a long time, you are a strict pvp player.
you brag about coming from a pvp only server environment, you want to mold HWS into your pvp fantasy.
you are not accepting that this is a pve server as well.

what statements have led you to say “selfish jeeves”?

I have not said anything that would suggest removing pvp elements so pve players can have more, no, quite the opposite, you have been lobbying for less pve for your selfish desires of pvp.
unfounded and baseless bullying.

Is difficult to understand if pve playfields affects pvp ones then limits should be applied?
If pvp playfields affects pve playfields limits should be applied too but i never seen a pvp playfield with 500 structures so…
Lag is not a problem in your pve paradise, but lag/stuttering kills pvp.
Anyway well see in a week.

please continue to try to bully me, you’re obnoxious.

If you feel bullied by your playstile is not my problem.

you dont get it do you?
you are attempting to bully, and trying to make your statements mine.

It would be interesting to know the percentages of PVE players vs PVP players bases.
And, in my opinion, it is absurd to have numbers and numbers of PVE bases when PVP is sort of sefl eliminating with factions taking out each other. PVE that is never going to happen. The core count will never decrease, but just increase in PVE.

what the main issue with most of the PVE community is that many if not the majority scramble to get bases established outside of starter, early in the season, and then they are not active on the server. It then seems like maybe once a week they log on, to make sure their structures are not deleted.
and contrary to what paxxo believes, i am not against reducing the excess that goes unused.

I would suggest besides “hard structure limits”

• Reduce structure absence deletion to 96 hours
  • Delete abandoned vehicles in ECC Space in 120 hours, at which point, a fine is applied on top of taxes owed.
  • Compounding daily rewards, like the vote system. (to improve server and community activity)
  • CV size restriction to 4 on PVE playfields, 7 on PvP.
  • Reduce ECC to Class 2, Cluster common POI: pizza, fuel, ammo etc.
  • Delete ships left on ECC HQ planet within 24 hours abandonment / taxes + fine applied.

Maybe a free command for PVE spaces like the “fa:scan” to allow new players to choose the less crowded place to settle…

So my question about the new limit @RexXxuS and @Jascha and anyone else is…
Is there a way to join close buildings together?
My main base is on Freelancer HQ and i have 2 grow rooms, so 3 buildings within say 30m of each other but all separate cores… this sounds like too many under the new structure limit but i spawned from factory my grow rooms… can i remove a core from one grow room and join it to the other by connecting blocks or with a command?

Nope

I believe the “recycle” command has done a lot to reduce the number of unused structures. I know i experiment a lot more with new structures/ships when it’s so easy to recycle them. Also, as a solo player, there’s really no point for me to have more than one base, with recycle it’s easy to remove unused/temporary bases.

Heres a couple of ideas:

• Make the recycle lvl 5 for bases free to get and use in PVE zones, maybe even raise the materials return-%
  • introduce rewards for having few structures, giving players an incentive to remove unused structures.

It’s not surprising to [once again] see the PVP community attack and try to influence restrictions and limitations to a play style simply because they don’t understand it. I applaud the idea of a PVP only server, and please make it hardcore. Toxic stuff should be handled separately.

2 Likes

Can you get the Garage ships out of this limits? We can’t use blueprint for them. They already have the RP cost which I think you can raise if needed. Anyway, I agree with this new limits. Time to delete some ships! :slight_smile:

I think …is just my own we got tooooo much on every playfield. Your Base is your Home ? Why you need in every Playfield a Home ? Every Player have to be one private Base. And a Faction doesnt matter how many Player it have ónly need max. 5. Not on one Playfield …for the totaly Server…just restrict it for the Server not for the Playfields. For all Sv Hv and Bases. Think about it. you wanna make war …with 20 SV on one player ? why the f.uck if you going to die you die go home build a new next day is maybe your day. Nothing more to say about it. Nice greetz :slight_smile:

I hope you will not be setting a lower player population cap that was one of the main lures that got me here.

Player cores could be limited to five and maybe add something to stealth like you get a rp point every 24 hours they are stealthed

As for pvp whats the point of a awesome ship if only used to fight AI ships? Most people play the pve thing because of the free build up it gives but in the end you want to test your metal in battle ie PVP

1 Like

Rex maybe, you give us new server, and what will decide all problem on server. now all see to much lag. i neeed 10 sec wait for open cargo box. when we fighting evry time lag or disconnect. game have more requirements compared to alpha 5 and i think, a lot of player i agree to me, only new powerfull server help

Your house, your rules! If those measures is to work better the server, I support them. 2 CV 2Sv and 2basese if more than enough for everyone. Guys this people mantein a good server for FREE! when you protest , remember that.

2 Likes