HWS New Year Patch | 2 new PvE planets | 2 new POIs | HV Race Event

don’t forget i’m on NA :wink:

Thanks @everyone for taking part in the Event!

I hope you had fun :slight_smile:

SPECIAL thanks to @SirKnumskull for helping with the coordination on EU and NA.

EU

NA

Impressions

1 Like

Did some one do the video of this event???

Since I did the Jumper RunnerZ today here is a brief review of the two new POIs:

Majestic Elite Temple (Eden):
Cool little jump and run course, absolutely doable even if you do not bring the right equipment. The reward in the personal cargo boxes is outstanding. That makes it even more disappointing when you manage the final jumps and go to the revised upper area and find that the cargo boxes are empty because some c*nt who gets up there in a minute (that would be me) has already emptied them. Overall I’d recommend to reduce the loot found “for free” and add a personal cargo container up top where you would stash what you removed elsewhere (e.g. remove five personal cargo boxes in the early part and place their contents in the glass maze in a new personal cargo box). That would add a nice reward for making the jump no matter what happened to the two boxes that are already there.

Overall very enjoyable and I can recommend this to every single player on the server! It is fun and offers guaranteed loot for everyone!

Jumper RunnerZ (Pandowa):
Very interesting design, definetly at the upper end of difficulty in POIs. This needs a few warning signs, I’m not exactly sure how I managed to go through there without getting killed after every other teleport but it included pulling out all the stops and being very cautious. This will be way too hard for most players, to reduce frustration I recommend posting a sign outside that gives you a few hints:

1. You will die, do not carry all your possessions with you
  2. You can leave and re-enter at any time
  3. Bring explosives

The only hint you get is wrong, heavy armor IS the best choice. You can make all required jumps with a quad-multiboost heavy armor. And being spammed with minigun ammo is not ideal, it is a terrible choice to clear POIs. I recommend replacing that with an assault, pulse, or laser rifle and fitting ammo.
I’m not sure if the spawn rate was intended to be the way it was or if it was caused by multiple failed attempts by other players (evident by more than half a dozen backpacks in there) but being teleported into a room that has two rocket zirax and two shotgun zirax accompanied by a horde of alien assassins is just stupid. Other rooms have a horde (20+) of minigun zirax and just as many assassins but offers so many spots for height advantage it was just a boring grind to to through all of them. Teleporter leading you in circles isn’t exactly a puzzle but more trial and error and looking for the right teleporter numbers.
And finally the loot: By itself it isn’t bad but it is absolutely not in line with other POIs or scaling with the difficulty this one has. You get comparable loot (minus the alien containers) from the ressource depot POIs - even without the ressource missions.

Overall I did not find it very enjoyable. It isn’t challenging, it is downright unfair and meant to kill you. In other areas it is just a grind. Add lag into the equation due to the three digit numbers of mobs in there and you get a thoroughly unenjoyable grind and cheese fest. I’m pretty sure new-ish players will die more to this than when trying to live on GG with a prefab base.

Addendum: After testing a it a little more I can now say there is definetly a problem with multiple spawns after failed attempts of people that have just stuck their nose in and ran again. Fighting seven Rocket Zirax in a small room twice gave me some great insight into the respawn mechanics.

1 Like