HWS Nova Test night

What I always think, what Empyriom provides, not even the all-powerful Elite, has, this character-level interaction that empyrion offers, dual is there, let’s see what he’s capable of, hopefully not a new NMS, Which is still not dead, that game has a great potential but it was too early his tie he was not mature, another that comes slowly walked is Osiris, but the team is small, but he has done a good job and also tends to multiplayer, The truth is that if some of these achieve the feat that the Planet Side 2 of the old Sony does that is for a thing like 2000+ players on a same map in a total of + - 8000 per server (there are 4 large maps and one of training and one of Beginners). The space theme game that can do something similar by adding content and history and always new features, is sure to dominate the market in this segment. But it’s Empyriom, so it’s extremely urgent to solve this lags and timing problems and whatever else it is … “better take a step back and then move faster forward”

Conducted the 5 tests, Each test was done with 2 identical class 5 ships these ships are just one block away from becoming class 6. The only real change is that there are no lights on any of the ships during all tests.

Test #1
In this test both ships where striped of all weapons, Warped from undead orbit to homeworld and flew around each other for a little bit to establish a base line. Frame rate was pretty steady high 30s in to the 40s.

Test 2
This test was no turrets of any kind and only guns. We see a little bit of a drop in FPS but still avg around the 30 mark

Test 3
In this one changed the rules a little bit because these ships are not fitted with lights and used the 10 front guns and 10 turrets (Atry, Plasma, and Rockets). Now we start seeing a bigger drop in FPS maybe avg around 20, but not getting any real big studders.

Test 4
In this test both ships are only fitted with L thrusters and have all weapons removed. Really no change from test one, high 30s into the 40s.

Test 5
Again with ships only fitted with L thrusters, Max turret count, and no guns. Now we start seeing the massive frame loss and long periods of studdering. But @Xanif wasn’t having the issues as I was and we was getting above 30 for the whole fight.

One interesting thing was every time i would freeze up the ship would stop dead in its tracks (no coasting)

I know this isn’t the most scientific test and there are a lot of other variables like my ping to the server would be anywhere from 160 ms to 200 ms which is a lot higher than i get when playing the NA server.

My biggest take away from these test is different thrusters really don’t make any difference in fps and the massive frame loss and studdering seem to becoming from turret fire. I do not know what would be a good solution to help resolve this issue, maybe more options in the graphic menu to help further lower settings for projectiles to improve fps

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.