HWS Patch 4.0.3 - Faction update + planet tax update

As a trader, I don’t object to the ocd change as described, however currently the RP mechanic isn’t working. I was only able to ocd:get once before the cooldown kicks in. As I’m based out of PvP space this does severely inhibit my ability to trade.

Maybe not “at the cost”, but “limited by”. Maybe once per day per 10 RP in a large range or a few times with range depending on RP. Not sure how exactly the fa:scan works. Does it point exactly the destination or just tells that there’s someone near?

Currently it just tells you if something is within 10km. No directions

Well, then larger range does not make any sense.

i think that a scan is so much overpower to be only limited for pirates… I think that IF it would be opened to pirates, SHOULD be at the cost of RP. A scan is really op, so it should hurt on use.

The pirate scan is a powerful tool but it only has a certain range , don’t think it’s going to be too op. At least I hope not.

Alliance faction also has this same type of scan with a longer range I think.

Pirates did need a little love tbh

We didn’t get a scan.

It’d be neat as we often end up spending hours prowling space looking for kills and finding nothing.

We don’t camp warp in points as that’s against the rules - so we setup between warp in points and the planet or the planet and the moon - that has worked fairly well but it’s still camping rather than hunting.

Ah ok I miss read sorry about.

Honestly I have no idea how well it’d work as I have never heard of anyone ever being able to find someone with fa:scan. It’s useless against a moving target and knowing some CV is somewhere out there 10km away isn’t that useful without some clues and the 15 minute cooldown makes triangulation with it way too difficult.

If both alliance and pirates had the cooldown removed and replaced with RP cost it’d hopefully be more useful to both sides.

I’d like there to be some point for having RP as a pirate. I have no intention of living on a PvE world so the trader is the only real thing to use RP for as a pirate.

Obviously I’m very pleased with the buffs to pirates and nerfs to trader because it always felt out of line but I don’t see the point of RP at the moment.

I hate to say this but trader planet on NA hit the limit. Server already complaining about too many structure on it. Please raise the tax , it’s obviously not high enough to keep the numbers down.

I don’t think raising the tax will have an immediate effect and 4.1 patch is coming which hopefully will. Most cores are AMD case cores, aren’t they?

1 Like

no they aren’t. Not in trader planet. We have 0 AMD on this planet right now. Some sucker just clean up all AMD before everyone notice the bug, and at that point all the deposit was depleted already. The problem here is the lots and lots of ships stored in some bases.

(5at may have like a hundred like i said ingame :slight_smile: )

I think that the tax should be a little more complex, maybe add a new variable, the total number of buildings as a kind of multiplier to the total cost.

I would then suggest multiplying the tax by 1.3^(n-1) where n is the total number of cores of the same faction/owner. So no change for 1 structure, but +30% on total tax for every additional structure.

2 Likes

Not a bad idea there Veber, in the earlier thread I proposed some alternative ideas so worth checking them out as well, see here:

thats a nice math! i agree with that… Just to know if i get it right, its 30% plus tax for each additional structure, right?

Not sure I understood your message correctly, so here’s a simple example:
If you have a ship that with your current reputation would cost you 10k per day, than keeping 2 of such identical ships will cost 21.310k=26k, for 3: 31.3^210k=50.7k, for 10: 101.3^910k≈1060k

great. Rexxus should really consider use this formula. The trader planet is really overcrowded by some faction that have dozens of structures parked out.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.