HWS Patch - RP and Tax

Oh you took a picture of Jascha in morning :smiley:

I kinda like this Jascha picture, he looks like very smart man in middle age with impresive beard, it makes me trust him even more.

2 Likes

As you can see he is also celebrating Movember

1 Like

:joy: oh man i hate those webcam hackers… How did you capture my thoughts…
But honestly… Rex is the brain… im rather like Pinky :wink:

1 Like

Epic Bearded Man knows all.

Ah I see I didn’t know that, that changes things yes. But if they build dozens of structures on those planets, won’t that also cause problems for the server? And isn’t one of the reasons for the tax to make the server more stable?

I also tried coming up with a better formula but it is not easy.4 variables: structure count, faction member count, rp per member, device count.
And then to formulate it in such way that 1-2 structures are not like 50k+ for a solo faction while also making sure that a faction with 20 members can’t spam structures due to the splitting of the cost and their enormous faction income/power/RP… I totally failed (do not use):

temp = MAX(structures * 5000, devices * 1000 / MIN(50, RP) * MIN(0.3 * members, 5))
total tax per member = MIN(250000, temp * 0.1 + (0.6 * temp * structures) / members)

But I believe that accounting capping rp and taking member-count in the formula is a good thing. As is the usage of the min/max functions.

PS.
When does the new RP gain go live? Is it already live?

Pinky went to school and fixed the math… Now the tax list is as it was intended too.
But discussion is stil open :wink:

2 Likes

I still think one core per faction member, and then adding massive tax after you go over that number if its possible to enact this rule.

Well then that enables people to live on pve without any big penalty…

a 50% tax increase for each extra core added to total tax? so if you go over by one core all cores in your faction cost 150% of their original cost.

Wow the new taxes are rather low again… Yeah I know it’s never good enough for me sorry for whining so much… But I have to pay just 50k tax for 12 ships and I have 0 RP. Or the tax list perhaps wasn’t updated properly. My ingame registry is also bugged. It shows all ships in one line of text…

For rich people they can have big bases on pve without needing to ever pay a dime, lets say i have 20 million credits on the bank, i would get 200k per day in credits just for having them in the bank which would cover all that and much more :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s because of your faction. Together you are strong.

Updated the formula in the HWS Guide

1 Like

Thank you. Seriously, Thank You!

So the tax what we see now in the HWS connect is the final tax which will be apply from Monday, right?

We don’t get any feedback anymore. So yes

Sorry all I had travelled yesterday to another system so my tax had dropped to 1k with only the base left on the faction planet.

Although I got back around 2am, by 3am the tax had not updated and I needed sleep to :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, trying to work this out, based on my above calculations I thought the 2 structures would total 2,400.

Today the taxes are in:

So to recap, 2 structures, 1 base with 23 devices, 1 SV with 16 devices.

Therefore the basic daily tax on each would be 1k before the core additional tax.

Not sure how this is adding up yet, but each structure is listing a tax of 1,599 and a total for the two structures of 3,198

Will try and see if I can resolve where these numbers are being produced, i’m sure Jascha has his maths right this time and it maybe understanding the formula which is all that’s left.

Kinda needs an online spreadsheet so people can pop in device values to calculate the tax.

Thanks for all the hard work guys, if possible, can the above be explained in individual steps as to how each structure produces its tax?

Thanks.

Ah think I got it:

(30% * total cores * individual structure tax) + individual structure tax

(0.3 * 2 * 1000) + 1000

600 + 1000

1600 for each of the above structures as both is 1k

total for the two: 3,200 credits.

So there maybe a slight rounding error in there somewhere, but close enough :slight_smile:

Another calculator :smiley: You don’t trust the tax list in HWS Connect I guess x)

Well your numbers sounds right.

The formula is basically 30% * 2000. So 600 additional per structure. Don’t know why it is rounded down by 1 though. Should be 1600, not 1599. Jaschas christmas present maybe…

Thanks Rex, I do, its more to give you feedback :slight_smile:

Understanding and giving others examples allows us all to say, its working correct, downsize if your tax bill is to high, makes it good for all.

IT IS STILL WRONG I HOPE WHEN I GET UP IN THE MORNING IT BEING A MONDAY THIS WOUDL HAVE CHANGED
Your total tax you have to pay per day is: 58370.8 credits! oopps sorry caps again keep forgetting to turn it off
Not To Self use shift instead of caps lock!