HWS Police - General Discussion

Not to mention i have reports of ZipSnipe flying the CV into tower and abusing the rendering by fusing his OVER SIZED CV with my Tower. This is CLEARLY Greifing.

1 Like

to me it looks like a visual glitch.
ZipSnipe why didn’t you relog?

so you admit to using a over blocks CV/SV to gain access to the base.
so you do realize this is a alpha game and it is not optimized for PVP.
so the blocks are visually glitched.
this is your own fault that you did not relog.

1 Like

Although at this stage I have not seen any video I would like to take this opportunity to defend myself from this allegation.
From my prospected I am not tackling the CV, I am trying to stay to the front flat part of the cv to avoid the guns firing from the top and with all the base guns firing to my rear I get hooked up in the suspended blocks that was once the front of the craft.
Also from my prospective I am the one being pushed/tackled by the large cv “I am moving from side to side but get hooked up in the suspended blocks from the damaged cv”
I would expect any video to show this and to include the intent of the cv to fly over the base cluster and in to my path rather than trying to go round my position.

If your intention was to put the cv over or on the base cluster is this not braking a number of rules by intent to ammo drain/ block ect.
Can you please clarify the class size and block count of the for mentioned cv as it seemed a little over class1 and 150 blocks?” just to clear this one up to avoid speculation and for the record”
Thanks

1 Like

says the guy that reported somebody for using a single “naughty” word.

Using an over block CV within the time limit provided is not against the rules. TPP did it to us all the time in 7.0 when you guys would attack us. Were you not there for those fights?

I am asking because it happened a lot, so I dont see why we can’t do it now.

1 Like

Although at this stage I have not seen any video I would like to take this opportunity to defend myself from this allegation.
From my prospected I am not tackling the CV, I am trying to stay to the front flat part of the cv to avoid the guns firing from the top and with all the base guns firing to my rear I get hooked up in the suspended blocks that was once the front of the craft.
Also from my prospective I am the one being pushed/tackled by the large cv “I am moving from side to side but get hooked up in the suspended blocks from the damaged cv”
I would expect any video to show this and to include the intent of the cv to fly over the base cluster and in to my path rather than trying to go round my position.

If your intention was to put the cv over or on the base cluster is this not braking a number of rules by intent to ammo drain/ block ect.
Can you please clarify the class size and block count of the for mentioned cv as it seemed a little over class1 and 150 blocks?” just to clear this one up to avoid speculation and for the record”
Thanks

2 Likes

Using an oversized CV is not so much the concern, it’s what the cv is being used for. Its one thing to use it as part of an attack ie to draw fire from base/hv guns and to provide cover to the attacker’s sv’s/hv’s.
Where the line is crossed is when the intent is to drain ammo or lay the cv over the base guns in effect blocking the guns.

And back in 7.0 all sides can admit to the over use of cv’s “cv sponge” being used to attack bases but that was back in 7.0 and it has been made clear that the use of oversized vessel’s to gain the upper hand is an exploit therefore this is something we don’t do as that should stay back in 7.0

1 Like

It was never deemed an exploit, or if it did I have forgotten when. Rex had made several comments that using an oversized cap ship is fair game as its resources for resources.

2 Likes

Please provide evidence. I very clearly remember reading him saying it’s ok and I’ve only been on HWS since 8.0. I am looking for that post right now to put an end to this.

Limit abuse: If you place structures with the intent that HWS will capture it to attack enemies, you will be punished.
A penalty which involves Credits and RP (per the buyback formula) will apply to you if it was set to private and will apply to all faction members if it was set to faction.

This is what it states in the rules, it says nothing about using the CV as a bullet sponge, and for the record the CV soaking damage isn’t rendering your turrets useless. They’re doing exactly what they’re supposed to do: “shoot the enemy”. The last attack I was there for the CV sponge wasn’t even protecting the SV pilots as they were still getting shot at by turrets, so what you’re saying isn’t even correct. Does it help mitigate damage? Yes, does it stop damage from SV/HV pilots? No.

1 Like

I agree it was said cv’s used in an attack is fair game as its resources for resources. ”not so sure about the oversized bit though”
Maybe this needs clarifying?

1 Like

Hi Kittiez,
Nice to meet you.
It’s not the use of a cv that’s the point it’s the use of an oversized cv that needs clarification.

From what I understand the countdown timer was to give a respectable amount of time to leave the play field when dropping off hv’s ect, this became obsolete with the allowance of “now 150” block cv’s to the planet surface.

I’m not against the use of a sponge, quite to opposite “there a clever tool in the assault on a well organised base”
Perhaps a simply clarification on what size is acceptable would stop this whole cv sponge talk dragging on.

1 Like

Relog ? In the middle of an enemy base? Are you kidding me?

Yes I used an oversized cv as this is the only way to attack a 10 base cluster fuck of bases. I gained entry, shot two doors out went around a corner shot another door out and there was a block there. Heard footsteps turned around and backed up into the block which I then became stuck inside. They had a door on each side of that particular block. they were able to pass through it , I couldn’t. In the video you can clearly see him using his repair tool to fix the block as he shoots through.

1 Like

Just another one of there exploits. The blocks where added from a secondary base then removed

1 Like

Just another reminder, those were combat steel blocks not armored concrete. Our bases are made from armored concrete. It doesn’t make sense to use a block with less hitpoints in pvp. Also all of our bases are at angles to each other. Those blocks are straight on like your CV was while render clipping our base which is an exploit in itself.

Reaper should get in and respond on his behalf too but that is up to him. I talked to him and he said he noticed the Combat steel the first time and attributed it to a glitch so he logged out and logged back in. When he logged back in the blocks were gone and that’s when he started shooting you.

I saw you keep spawning back in the game a few times so I put up more doors to trap you in that corridor. There were a few others that were watching too.

2 Likes

So he was glitched inside the CV that makes more sense if true.

1 Like

This managed to devolve itself rather quickly.

1 Like

Its all good, we’ll chalk it off as an Empyrion glitch. Had I relogged and maybe it would have cleared up. You have to admit at first glance it looks suspicious. Just to clarify my cv never dipped into the building. I parked it right in front of a door and was able to shoot the door with my plasma cannon standing inside my ship. However I guess if we look back at the LBP days when we thought they were placing blocks on their ships during cv combat while the ships were moving and again it was Empyrion just glitching the hell out.

1 Like

Sometimes after those drops we’ll see ships flying around with other ships on them but once we log back in they look normal. It’s definitely a very strange glitch for sure.

1 Like

@CHAR

Can you give us the timestamps on the tackling? From what I see you give good attempts to tackle the asteroids at every turn but I don’t see the enemy SV ever touch you let alone tackle you. There is one instance it was close where they were below you and you got trapped under an asteroid going up and backwards and had to change direction and go down and forward. If this is where you are talking about that is on you mate. You are going backward and up, they forward and up and you reverse direction and go toward them in both the forward and down motion because you trapped yourself under a large asteroid.

1 Like

I wasnt flying ANY of the asteroids you rammed! (nice flying)

I deny any ramming, and in fact the video seems to support this.

(there was a single instance in which he whipped me with the nose of his ship while I was under it but I didnt consider it a ram on either parties part and the impact lasted less than 2 seconds, this instance is not even on the video but I mention it as it is related)

1 Like