HWS Police - General Discussion

actually , I didn’t log off after you disabled my sv, since it was close to my base I jumped on my bike and went to make new fuel packs and fuel to get it home. since you’re on the subject of rulebreaking, how is it, you’re turrets seemed to be indestructible, I hit them with multiple direct shots and they took no damage, then when you tried ramming tohk and ended up flipping yourself on your side twice I went after you’re fuel tanks and they never took a scratch…seems a bit odd , o and by the way , next time to try to ram you’re tank into another tank maybe try hovering a bit lower so you don’t climb him and flip…, both times were you’re fault so deal with it.

1 Like

so prior to this I have blown up 3 hv’s 2 sv’s and 2 miner hv’s all of which were mobile, and none of which produced a back pack or a kill I did see the motorcycle the last time so I would give you that SV. puposely moving into my range and hitting me in an attempt to knock me over and I believe that the cones are specifically to amplify that behavior, but I don’t know about that either. Lastly it was openly bragged about the logging off behavior in chat as it wasn’t against the rules. I didn’t look it up, so it may or may not be but it is still shitty behavior.

1 Like

Have more pictures if needed

Turrets

Turrets may be placed anywhere allowed using the ‘Attach to Base’ feature. This includes bare ground.

Turrets are not allowed to clip into blocks. You are allowed to use “decoy” guns/turrets but they have to be fully covered in your structure.

1 Like

Please check out the turrets on the bases on Homeworld they are partially covered and shooting through obscured portholes

1 Like

If he PM’s me, that is still harassment. In the video he says he laughed when he saw me tell another player my son is autistic, and continued on the mental issues fame about me for some time after I reported him. Of course he wasn’t speaking directly to me, just about me, and he now calls me snowflake. This is also harassment. Why should he be able to affect my enjoyment of the game and this server.

I am not asking he leave, just leave me alone, and he wont. He is just a troll.

edit for clairity

1 Like

Hi BuckeyeJim;

Sorry to hear about all that, this dude sounds like a real piece of work. My advice is as follows:

If this player continues to harass you despite Rexxus’ warning to this player then you should issue another police report in the same place as before with the screenshots of the new abuse taking place, then Rexxus can take further action.

We just have to follow the process as best we can and start with a warning and then work our way up to something considerably more serious should this continue.

Best regards
Wise.

1 Like

This is a common empyrion bug. No foul play.

I really wish people would do their research before trying to slander honest players on the forums or by going direct to admins.

I’ve experienced both the good and the bad end of this bug. It’s basically when it all gets a bit much. Similarly in CV fights where if you get too close part of your CV can end up stuck on the enemy’s and vice versa.

Hilariously i once had this bug with a hover where i was in a CV and in combat the hover bugged out and turned CV-sized, and i had to blow my way out of my ship with a plasma cannon; Wish i had a screenshot as it was pretty hilarious at the time.

But yeah the TL:DR is this; i dont know anything at all about this lag switch business or whatever, but i do know the empyrion engine; and the engine is full of bugs that will be especially pronounced on a server of this size when PVP is in full swing. I’ve had times where my ship has suddenly rendered all the damage at once, and i’ve gone from a full HP marauder to having the last few layers left. I’ve also experienced the same when fighting enemies; particularly CVs.

Best regards
Wise

PS: I’m aware this doesn’t answer TLABaJl’s accusation. However i think it’s important to educate people on these issues before we all start pinning blame on innocent PVPers.

1 Like

I have a video of this bug is triggered intentionally. In this video, the player intentionally exposes his ship as agroblok and receives no damage.

1 Like

He will receive damage, but it takes time for the game to update.

As i previously said i;'ve had it multiple times where i’ve had an intact ship suddenly losing about half its blocks in one big chunk.

I’ve also had the same issue as you where an enemy SV gets hammered but it takes no damage. Or at least it looks like that on the surface, but if we were to wait and get closer the engine would finally render the damage.

Best regards
Wise.

1 Like

Maybe enough already to use cheats and justify the fact that this is a bug program. Yes, it is a bug of the program, which is deliberately used to gain an advantage. You keep the rest of the fools, talking about the accident and the bug server lag Very often these accidents occur in certain players, when they get into the situation of the broken. I have no respect for the crooks.

1 Like

How long exactly was the damage delay in your story ? Where the video ? This is the most important thing, you do not specify the time, 10-15 seconds, half an hour, how much was the delay ? There on the left is a ship that fell after 2-3 seconds of attack guns base and me, and the ship BRO flies without damage ten times longer. Aren’t you ashamed to protect the crooks ?

1 Like

He’s not a crook whatsoever. And calling one so without proper proof (your video shows nothing unusual) is offensive.

I have both had this same issue for about two minutes after taking some damage my whole ship went from ‘intact’ to losing the front half.

The most extreme example was when i was once flying back to base, and i had the damage render then, suddenly i didnt have a cockpit and fell down to the ground!!!

I remember A.F.T flying at our base and for a good four minutes we hammered one of his ships and no damage was showing, but that wasn’t him cheating; it was simply that there was so much going on that the game model takes time to update so to both us AND A.F.T his ship was intact, and then suddenly it renders and he has lots of damage.

This is less common these days, but it used to be especially problematic when attacking/cutting towers. We would shoot a block over and over and it wouldn’t disappear, then suddenly a minute later about a 30 block hole would appear from where we had fired. So this happens in all parts of combat. It’s just an empyrion PVP side effect. No Funny business.

And finally think of the motive; why would he cheats when A: He has plenty of resources
B: He has numerical superiority.
C: He’s not really doing anything during that phase other than tanking a little bit of damage
D: We as an alliance still had/have about 30 spare SVs ready to go; so why does he need to ‘cheat’ to maintain that current one when he could just fetch another?

There’s no shame in admitting that you were wrong to accuse him; which i strongly believe you are, and in the future if you have suspicions you should wait until you have multiple occurances of something similar.

In this game there are MANY anomalies, this damage rendering just being one of them. Take it from me; i’ve been playing since 4.0, and this is nothing new.

Best regards
Wise.

1 Like

Yes the AAA ships are not built like BRO ships. Without giving anything away we each design our ships to our own specs. For instance GMC and BRO build base attack ships; so they are typically tanky and have nothing important near the front/middle so they can last for the maximum amount of time against a base.

To me it sounds like the AAA ship got lagshotted, which is still an unfortunately common occurence (despite the devs claiming to have ‘fixed’ it).

Best regards
Wise.

1 Like

You ignored the reason I indicated in the request, did not answer the question about the length of the delay and started to take the dialogue aside. You’re a liar and a protector of crooks.

There’s no shame in admitting that you were wrong to accuse him; which i strongly believe you are, and in the future if you have suspicions you should wait until you have multiple occurances of something similar.

The video clearly shows that the ship does not take damage and nothing happens to it from the explosions as with the police ships. That’s a fact you ignore too to protect your crooks.

This damage cuts off half of the ship and the ship is thrown from the explosions, none of this happens, enough to protect the crooks. It looks cheap and nasty.

You have no proof, only words you lie to.I provided the evidence you ignore to protect the crooks.

1 Like

Any example of proper design is indistinguishable from cheating.
i guess.

1 Like

So now you’re accusing me of lying? How dare you. Here i am telling you how this game works and instead you simply insult me. That’s all you can do, as one some level you know i’m right.

Above is proof that I answered your points and now you’re just shamelessly attacking me. Either you do not understand my posts (which i can understand as they’re long and wordy, if English is not your mother-tongue it may be worth translating my posts for maximum understanding. This is not me being rude; but English is a weird and akward language and sometimes translating it to ones mother-language helps).

The problem with this point is that in your video you don’t really get close enough to see what was going on. AND even if NOTHING was going on and his blocks weren’t despawning there’s no proof that that is a bug, instead it is merely a baseless accusation as this issue has been rampant in Empyrion for a long time; especially in the last few seasons.

You’re also too far away on your video which is an issue and the time between SirKnum taking damage and not is only about

• Let’s talk about the Video:

1:45-2:20 SirKnum takes damage; this is only 45 seconds and most of our ships can hold up for roughly two minutes against multiple bases in optimum conditions.
4:23: Sirknum takes a single volley from your ship but quickly flies off (probably in time to avoid the insanely slow Dumbfires, this was one of the issue with slowing down dumbfires to such an extent; they no longer do much to slow-moving targets)
4:30 He tanks the base again for roughly 15 seconds until 4:45.

So total time tanking: 1Minute. Any well-built ship can withstand that time, and although your volley on him whilst on the ground was on target, the dumbfires probably did not hit. If they did he would have a big hole in the top of his ship.

Also his ship wasn’t there all the time, maybe he got a new one; not sure. Though we’ll only know the truth When SirKnum comes on and replies to your report.

Insult me all you want; i’m not gonna lose my cool and won’t be going anywhere. Here I am spending time and effort helping you understand how this game works to enrich your experience and understanding regarding Empyrion. Insult me all you want, i’m not going anywhere.

Best regards
Wise

1 Like

All you can do is lie hypocritically and pretend to be a victim in defense of the crooks ’ friends.
You’re not answering my questions, you’re masking them with your own, this is manipulation.
Your demagoguery offends me. You can keep protecting the crooks, I’ll practice my English.

You’re very funny when you answer a request for proof that it offends you.

“1:45-2:20 SirKnum takes damage; this is only 45 seconds and most of our ships can hold up for roughly two minutes against multiple bases in optimum conditions.”

With cheats - YES and longer

This bug you have been operating for a long time and turn off the network speed limiter when the police appear.

Your ships have 45 layers of armor ? to live 45 seconds, maybe 120 layers of armor your ships ? to live 2 minutes under fire from two bases.

At least 22 layers of armor and 60, respectively, can you show on the ships ?

system programs allow you to reduce the damage received, in му video, the obvious criminal use of the game bug

1 Like

Are you trolling? If so then I admit you’ve had me going for a while now!

Ok so let’s adress this:

I’m not lying whatsoever. I’m telling the truth. This whole damage rendering thing has been an issue for a LOOONG time. And has been especially bad recently.

I’m not a victim of anything. I can’t blame anyone for the bug and it’s nobodies fault.

SirKnum isn’t even in my faction (though he is a member of my alliance) but if a Russian player was here accused of cheating that i knew also didnt cheat then i would come out in their defence also. As any knowledgeable Empyrion player has a duty to do so!

That whole Quote-Counter-Quote post above your most recent post is my replies to your questions my friend!

Nope, these are boms; pure logic bombs being dropped from orbit and burning bright.

Best regards
Wise.

1 Like

You haven’t offended me sir. But calling me a liar is offensive. It would be like me calling you names. I would never do that as it adds nothiing to the debate.

But when discussing ‘nothing to the debate’ i think it’s safe to say that we have both exhausted all our points.

All both of us can do is wait for SirKnum’s reply and the police’s verdict.

Despite the fact that this has all gotten a little bit heated (on one side) i wish you well and all the best and have a good day Sir!

Best regards to you,
Wise. :slight_smile:

Wiseman-out

1 Like