HWS Police - General Discussion

ahah, ironic. Your own videos clearly show your alliance using a soaker CV to attack our bases during season 7. And what’s even more funny is you can see a PKA member also using a soaker HV. You clearly didn’t have any problems using this tactic now, why the sudden change of heart?

1 Like

This is not a problem, the battle was still lost even with the help of a CV, all you are doing here is adding further limits to a non issue. These are pvp tactics that anyone can use, at any time, against anyone. These are pvp tactics that have been used since 6.0. And even before that, people where using HV soakers.

Also, see above post. Pot calling kettle?

1 Like

you’re really going to make me watch a 40-minute video with no evidence of PKA?

1 Like

Nope, I can timecode it for you. Here’s a video of PoR using a soaker CV.

Here’s a screenshot of PoR SOAKER CV. And guess who’s in the soaker HV next to the soaker CV, a PKA member.

Here’s timecoded video of TPP using the tactic too.

No one get’s a free meal, BigBoss, wanna cry foul, don’t do it yourself.
1 Like

this is just a Witch Hunt No PKA guilty

1 Like

TAW is a respectable Gaming Community and you have for your codes of ethics.
one time you had over 60.
now you only have 31.
PKA has its own code of ethics that we abide by but we are not a militarized organization.
we do not violate the rules we Die With Honor and Glory.

1 Like

Previously we had this setup to prevent CVs to enter hotspot planets at all.
I forgot to set it up again I guess or we wanted to give it a try this time because of high gravity + 150 block limit.
Didn’t get much feedback yet.

While sponging, bombs, etc. etc. etc. are allowed and you can throw it back and forth between ya, me as former PvP player don’t see any “fun” in doing it. No fun at all, neither skill based nor result orientated.

I guess I will implement the “No CV during Prime Time” mechanic back in with the 8.2 patch, our system (the lazy 12 minutes) is a joke and was normally only set that high to allow players to drop of HVs from their 150’ CV carrier… that irony though)

Why should we disable friendly fire?

1 Like

so I guess there’s no way to limit the block limit for entering to planet?

1 Like

if you have a well organized section that will not affect us.
it’s just really annoying.

1 Like

well of course, as we do now already.
But our MAGIC is limited to the poor tools we have! And it is already big magic but we work here on a way lower technical level, way behind the main stream of data between client and server.
The 12 minutes or even 2 minutes is the minimum we have, which grants still infinite possibility to yolo-face-role good PvP or whatever.

1 Like

You were part of the alliance that used that tactic, gotta understand context Big Boss.

1 Like

Right, it was annoying when the Op4/TPP/PKA alliance did it in 7.0. But we had to put up with it, so I guess it’s your turn now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We had to deal with them doing it to us in 7.0 when we had the numbers in our favor. Now they outnumber us 2 - 1, so we are just using the tactics they used against us.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve every seen a PKA member do anything in the “grey area”. About the “worst” I’ve ever seen was one of your members drive half a dozen tanks into a base I put up on Homeworld on suicide runs and IMO nothing wrong with that.

1 Like

I don’t see any reason to disable CVs during prime time. As PvPers we either need to come to an understanding not to use exploits or grey area tactics against each other, or if we don’t just put up with the ones that exist.

1 Like

I guess that’s my take on it too. Just doesn’t seem to get any results except as an annoyance. To each his own :wink:

Personally I would still like to use CV’s anytime for anyone but with more respect to the class limits. Most of us are adults even though things do get heated and toxic at times.

I’ve seen both sides use the 100 block CV’s effectively as reinforcement drops, HV Bomb drops, and getting ships off planet. It looks rediculous sometimes too having all those SVs and HVs hanging on such a small CV. :stuck_out_tongue: I see HV drops as a legit again so long as they respect class and block count limitations.

If the “sponge” cv was used just to drop off real quick and then leave maybe it wouldn’t be as much of an issue? Provide cover for dropping off tanks and faction mates getting into the HVs while the CV protects them for the minute or two it should take to get into the tanks? That would make more sense imo as a tactical use of a large CV with the risk of losing it to HWS while pushing the class limit restriction. So long as the CV has plans to leave and not just provide a sponging affect after the HVs undock. Alternatively the HV’s could be dropped off in mass away from the hot zone and everyone comes riding in over the sunset.

So my ship doesn’t take damage from my own guns when there is an enemy SV sitting on top of it in a suicide run :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe not realistic from a war point of view though :wink:

@Zackey_TNT @Ranzeth Just fyi I’m not mad about any of this. Sometimes it’s hard to express intent and emotion in text without using emoticons all the time :wink:

The ultimate intent of my postings here is that I just want the game to be fun again and for us all to have a bit more respect for each other. Even when we win or lose. Maybe less mutual ensured destruction and more friendly role play. Maybe it could also be that I’m not cut out for PVP :open_mouth:

Nooo! You know what though? I know a guy that can hook you up with some more magic.

1 Like

I can understand that, and it’s what I want too, but you’ve got to understand that both sides have those really toxic players that speak out in chat, and i’m not saying we’re better or anything, but our group has at least brought them down a bit, but when I go into combat with lets call you “The Alliance of Factions” (out of respect) I almost always end up with a post like “look at how pathetic your once great faction is!, your crafts and pilots are all dead, and you did basically nothing”.

Makes me want to A: not respect anyone, B: never do pvp again with you.

The key here is to single out those bad apples in the faction, and either remove them or bring them in line, so everybody wins and there’s less toxic crap in chat.

I have respect for you, and the ones like you in the alliance of factions that want fair, more enjoyable pvp gameplay, but right now, that’s near impossible with all the lag, abuse in chat, and lack of understanding/mutual respect. This isn’t a closed loop system, there has to be both sides to a fight in any pvp, and if either side is degraded morally by the other, that hurts everyone.

And to add to this, many people think the mute button is a magic “fix all” solution, when the truth is, that stuff is still being seen by the entire server, regardless of if the individual muted them.

1 Like

I just try to think of them as NPCs.

1 Like

I recall some of the ACP folks used a small cv to help fend off an attack, and next thing I knew Colin2Mad was showing up with a max size box soaker. But thats usually the way things go in pvp one guy does it alittle then the next guy takes it to the limit. Either way Empyrion isnt much fun when your just shooting spitballs at flying bricks that dont die.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the issue with the sponge cv. As you said yourself, it wasn’t effective, all it did was annoy you. So why bother reporting, especially considering it’s not even against the rules and has been stated multiple times? It doesn’t even render turrets useless as somebody said earlier, despite the CV soaking for a bit, our SV were still getting walloped by the base turrets.

@XXSWFXX If you truly want fair and fun pvp, then I would suggest having a talk with your faction leader as he is one of the most vile and toxic players on the server currently.

1 Like