HWS Police - Report a crime

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: HWS Police - General Discussion

Post a crime with evidence here. We will check it neutral then. Everything else gets this reminder again:

1 Like

Server : NA

Type of Offence Committed: Offensive Language and Harassment

Time/Date of offence: 11/4/2018 at about 11:30 AM EST

Player/Faction accused : Fil , Flazz

Player Faction reporting: Mag , Pjams

What happened? Not exactly sure the context but flazz was upset about being raided is what i gathered.

Why did it happen? He lost a base in pvp

Evidence: https://youtu.be/2YKYjTtuoaI

The outcome: Do yourself a favor and press B and click on the Mute icon. Bugs are annoying enough to deal with. I don’t want to waste my time with mouth baby sitting. Flazz is banned for 1 day to learn more friendly words.

Server : EU

Type of Offence Committed: Crass harrasment of another player

Time/Date of offence: 11-12 pm EST

Player/Faction accused : [U-P] Standing No2

Player Faction reporting: [GCG] Cabose & [GCG] Astro

What happened? He used harsh language against me

Why did it happen? We were having a conversation in chat and he insulted me.

Evidence: (Screens/Video/logs) https://i.gyazo.com/ff946516017788bdc135e22ab7de4301.png

The outcome: Why you waste my time? Is this your way to answer that you cheated in another game which is really the worst? I have no respect for cheaters either, no matter what game. But I will warn Standing - you can express this in a better way.

Astro (18:04)
suck me good and hard throguh my jorts
Astro (18:04)
I haven’t been here you lemon scented fucktard
Astro (18:13)
suck me good and hard through my jorts, standing

A post was merged into an existing topic: HWS Police - General Discussion

Server : (NA)

Type of Offence Committed: (Exploit?)

Time/Date of offence: (11/22/2018)

Player/Faction accused : (OP4 Chief Engineer)

Player Faction reporting: (ABN Sir Vivor)

What happened? Rocket bug exploit

Why did it happen? (Hes bad at pvp and trying to find a way to win!)

Evidence: https://youtu.be/Gmoeu-tgyvg fast forward to about 2 mins

The outcome: It got some time ago reported already and after some investigations it seemed that it’s a random glitch (only available for dumb rockets!?). It’s not something someone can trigger like a lever afaik.
Instead of toxicity please try next time to investigate together how this is done and how this can be reproduced. Thanks.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: HWS Police - General Discussion

Type of Offence Committed: Exploit

Time/Date of offence: 11/26 around 18:37

Player/Faction accused : 420_Space_Ranger ABN faction

Player Faction reporting: Pjams Mag Faction

What happened? i only trusted Ranger of the whole faction, he said he had items for me as wed usually do, went to meet at ecc hawking station, then video shows rest.

Why did it happen? Salty boys are Salty.

Evidence: https://youtu.be/I2pe2n0p6jU

The outcome: Thanks for the ticket and video. I discussed and thought about it and it is not an exploit > not against our rules. It’s a fully intended game feature by Eleon. Before they implemented it I warned them already about some “interesting” situations but they were fine with it. He also didn’t loot the backpack. Guess he was interested in my decision.

But no matter how bitchy this gameplay from this ABN player was, you can never trust others. 3 things to keep in mind for the next time:

1. play with sound and hear if a motion sensor triggers
  2. equip your Multitool and scan the blocks before you walk somewhere
  3. Never trust “gifts” labeled with “Salt delivery”.

Overall this seems like precedent. If this makes school, we have to keep an eye on it more closely. For example that kind of stuff in the EGS HQ center. That would be a ban for example.
I will think about such things and how to prevent another “admin babysitting” job.

Server NA
Type of Offence Committed: Blatant harrassment.
Time/Date of offence: Dec 2 19:31

Player/Faction accused : Redneck (Pjams Alt"

Player Faction reporting: Mag - Pjams
What happened? I log in, normally before ABN id say “Rise up Gamers!” just as my own little thing i do. come log in today and a ABN member not only changed his name to be like me but waited till i was online to say exactly what i would, "Rise up Gamers.then he said what i am about to put as a picture of him saying i have a mental Disorder i.e “Retarded”

EDIT : i realize i can just mute them. but i would really prefer not having to mute 6 people everytime i log in or they log in.

Why did it happen? At this point, theyre so upset about one player i’ve been holding back making a report. but since ive seen no one else get harassed this often and this personally, i had to. Theyve made comments about my Arm which is partly Disabled, Made fun of my Mother father and family aswell as myself personally.

Evidence:

The outcome: I got mixed reports and don’t know what is actual true or not. In any way saying “retarded” for no reason and impersonating is against our rules. “Pjams alt” aka @Inferno get a warning with Guilty for now. Hopefully not more next time.

Type of Offence Committed: Grieving, Exploiting

Time/Date of offence: 12/14/2018 0630 Server Time

Player/Faction accused : 420Inc_Space Ranger/ABN

What happened? Using explosive blocks to kill players in PVE and admitting to knowing it’s an illegal block.

Why did it happen? Their guild name is A**holes by Nature. I wonder why?

Evidence: 2018-12-13%20(1)

2018-12-13%20(3)

2018-12-13%20(2)

They admit to knowing that it’s both harassment and that they’re using illegal blocks. Honestly at this point, they deserve whatever happens to them.

Outcome: While I would like to get a Police Ticket from Phyzic next time, I could see everything from checking to logs for awhile.
I removed the possibility to spawn new explosive blocks into the HWS Universe (I hope! If not and nobody is telling me, accept a perma ban), but old ships were still ingame with these blocks.
2 posts above, considering the situation nothing was done.
But this time, a 1483 playhour veteran forced 2 players with 3 and 23 playhours to logout from HWS because of that is disgusting.
Forcing me to waste valuable time in such a stressful time regarding Alpha 9, shows the overall attitude of that behavior.
Temporary banned until the storm is over + RP wipe.

3 Likes

Server EU
06.01.2019 22:20-22:50

Idk what this is but looks not more legit !
Everytime i shoot i get playfield errors … they laughting and mean “bla bla issues player from my side” but its enough of this … first he can sg away with 4 players around now this … pls check it out whats going on … thanks

Server: EU

Type of Offence Committed: Геркулес was on Golden globe blatantly flying and shooting through the ground/terrain of GG

Time/Date of offence: approx 04:00

Player/Faction accused: [OPG] Геркулес

Player Faction reporting: [abn] (ETS) Calo

What happened? We were on GG removing enemy bases from planet; Геркулес was going under the terrain, shooting/flying through the ground.
He seemed to have zero issues going through the ground all over planet.

Why did it happen? No sure how he was doing it in certain places but seemed as if he could go in and out of the ground where we could not.

Evidence: https://youtu.be/3Ung4wOJ1lo
The outcome: We all know that the terrain rendering in Empyrion is one of the most buggy thing a game can have. And everyone experienced it itself I think. The chunks are just missing and you can fly freely around.
However doing this in a PvP situations with enemies around you or worse capturing a base that way is an instant punishment. You as pilot know exactly something is wrong. The fix is to either relog or clear your local texture cache.
Abusing it in PvE or PvP is against our rules.
Геркулес is banned for 24 hours as a first and final warning.

Type of Offence Committed: Possible Illegal Ship Build

Time/Date of offence: ~00:30 1/17/2019

Player/Faction accused : ROP (TAW)

Player Faction reporting: Tripwire (ETS)

What happened? While fighting TAW on GG this evening I saw three ships just like this one with the floating weapons on them. I can upload video of the other two if needed. However, I believe it is against the rules to have floating blocks and they were not shot off this SV that I could tell since it looked just like the other two I saw earlier in the fight. Again I can submit video of them too.

Why did it happen? Illegal build? I really dont know why they would do this I was really surprised since they are TAW members

Evidence: https://youtu.be/1Nyco41h6X0 Starting around 00:00:04 you will see the DI information on the ship.

The outcome: I restored that ship design from the backups and checked it out.

That however was the case.
Here is how it looks like undamaged

The initial rule that everything should be connected was met. Nothing illegal.
But we can’t track / know when certain blocks / wings are shot down by whom at what time.
Once ships have structural integrity that would be a poor design but for now “legit”. Can be in combat tricky though if you don’t have turrets which shoot auto at guns. Maybe I have to increase the hitpoints of wings in the HWS Config…

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: HWS Police - General Discussion

[quote=“RexXxuS, post:1, topic:1987”]

Type of Offence Committed: exploiting
Time/Date of offence: 1/22/19 3:30 PM ? EST

Player/Faction accused : Rezzy Beans xxX

Player Faction reporting: Pjams

What happened?
Turret targeting

Evidence:

Outcome: It’s tricky. First of all I tried for some time today to reproduce this on my local dedicated server without success. I don’t know how @rezzybeans was able to do this.
Second, concerning ramming, it was not that intentional and falls not under our detailed tackle rule.
But an unintentional game mechanic got used for personal advantage - rule 1.
He has the guilty flag ingame now as first warning. If you know how to reproduce that @rezzybeans I expect a PM with a step by step guide please!

Type of Offence Committed: Lag Engineering, Intentionally overlimit ship

Time/Date of offence: Probably around 6AM server time 1 Feb

Player/Faction accused : xXx/Rezzy Beans (Maybe double check the owner as it was quite laggy)

Player Faction reporting: TAW/imtimex

What happened? A CV was brought in to enclose one of the bases we dropped, interesting tactic, however, the ship appears to be engineered specifically to create lag, and was overclassed for the system, this ship was definitley way above the 150 block CV limit. This ship caused jittering type lag in the playfield, soft lockups of ~15 seconds, and even some players to disconnect from the game completely.

Ship ID is 15616187 ‘This is only a test’

Why did it happen? I don’t know, but PvP is a chore if I have to post one or more of these for every fight.

Evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrVHLzxKEFw&feature=youtu.be

The outcome: Investing again a lot of time for that, I restored it from the backup and checked and couldn’t see excessive lag engineering. Just common PvP tactics regarding damage absorption (check the new PvP Guide here to learn about it: SV Design)

The idea beside of sponging with a Class 5 ship (which is legit because Jascha can’t code his tool in a better way to kick such ships faster out), was to cover the turret base.
Again I assume the big lag in the video was caused by all the Colliders which needed to be updated and it was a massive battle of course.
Overall that is the limit of Empyrion PvP. I don’t see negative intentions were done here, because it would effect everyone on that playfield (if logs are right, Rezzy disconnected himself often). Since everyone can do stuff like this it’s not something we can police of.
I hope Alpha 10 gives us better colliders…

If this happens too often and for too many players, I will maybe bring back the restriction to now let CVs on planets again :frowning:
Maybe a Supergate from one PvP planet to another to bring in HVs!? :thinking:

2 Likes