HWS RE Full Wipe Announcement

Good Morning HWS RE Community

Many wondered about a HWS RE full wipe in combination with the 1.6 Patch, planned on 21th September next week.
After a lot of thoughts I want to inform you that we do a full wipe for Patch 1.6, but with a little offset, on ~24th September. That means this season is 1 month shorter than our planned 3 months cycle (we started this RE season at 24 July).

Why!?

• Patch 1.6 contains not only new Factions and POIs but also new Reforged Eden content I want to have included for the upcoming 3 months. Something I can’t add during a season. The little offset is done because Vanilla stuff needs to be merged to RE (depends when R/V is done).

• There are currently couple of Missions from RE 1.5 that do not work because they got added after our season start and some players are upset they do not work.

• For the first time ever Eleon published a “release plan”. Patch 1.6 = 21th September and Patch 1.7 = 7th December.
    While I don’t know what Patch 1.7 will contain, it makes it easier for us to plan ahead. If we don’t full wipe with 1.6 we neither got the 1.6 content in time nor the 1.7 content, since the regular full wipe after the regular next one would be the 24th January.
    For HWS RE we kinda rely on those cycles cause I’m not only dependent on Eleon but also on Ravien/Vermillion, the creators of the Scenario. This unfortunately means it’s not always our 3 months cycle. The previous HWS RE season for example ran 5+ months.

• As compensation I will for one start a 33% discount on coming Friday, running for 9 days and add new Supporter Packages. Second there will be a new added temporary compensation feature to allow OCD and Recycle usage globally, even with level 1.

• HWS EU/NA are not affected by this. HWS+ EU/NA still needs more time.

As always hug your best friend:

Your HWS Team

5 Likes

Good Evening again @everyone

because some concerns and questions were raised about the full wipe and another thing about PvP on RE, let me clarify please:

1. Some players have bought a Supergate or OCD Zone for 3 months and feel now upset that they got cheated by 1 month. I thought I did cover that by offering a 33% discount (up to 63% for Patrons) , worth of 1 month they lost. But maybe this isn’t enough or they hadn’t planed to play in the next season anyways. So to those players who wants to get compensated for 1 month but do NOT make use of the 33% discount , I offer to contact me and I will either respawn their stuff in the next season for 30 days (or whatever fits the 90 days period) or giving them ~33 HWS Ingots back in value. I hope those that are upset will take my additional offer and understand the reasoning behind the full wipe, which is always a tricky topic, especially when I’m dependent on Eleon and RE.

2. PvP on HWS RE! For some a surprise but the 0,01% is actually real! I was almost about to remove PvP (Homeworld PvP System) completely from HWS RE but I see it gets more and more active. To a point where limits had to be enabled again or actually set in the first place. With a full wipe they got removed and I had the misconception that there is no PvP anyways. Only now I got reports in, that the limits were missing. To provide smooth PvP there needs to be limits of course and they are active now! (press M to check them at the bottom right)

Sorry for the inconveniences and feel free to send me questions you still might have.

1 Like

Never mind, had to read it again to belive it :rofl:

Hello. When will OCD be available everywhere?

It’s already active

Will we be able to use ocd after the wipe everywhere too? Or thats only before wipe?

A feature only for compensation or special events.

Will be there an aluminum or maybe even platinum(well this maybe too much) AutoMiner in the HWS Connect in the next season? Just curious.

Good Morning HWS Community
Reminder that Patch 1.6 will be released eventually today.
The full wipe for HWS RE however is planned for 24th ~6pm.

More importantly though 2 things:

1. The HWS Origin Weapons+Ammo and HWS Origin XP are not meant to go in the OCD. Origin XP or HWS Reputation Points never went into the OCD for 5 years. Since they are new items, I forgot to exclude them in our OCD list, nobody mentioned it either and some of you made use of it.
    => make sure to pull them out of your OCD or they are gone on Friday.

2. End of seasons is the best time to check item duper and cheaters and I got some red flags. To prevent any sudden permanent ban, please let me know if you found any exploit you might wanna share with me… thanks.

But no crew in ocd?

Noticed the rp gun etc.

No crew, right.

1 Like

HWS Connect: have to see.
Ingame: Not my business. Best to ask the Creators of RE.

Good Morning HWS RE
Quick note about the Full Wipe:
Ravien needs more time to merge PE and RG together… I’ll do my merges afterwards. That means the full wipe will be postpone to tomorrow 6pm, by 24 hours, for now.
I’ll offer another +1 day for the supporter discount, it will end tomorrow 9am now.

Reminder to get all your Origin Guns + Ammo and Origin XP out of your OCD. Some will be upset after the full wipe otherwise and no, we won’t restore them.

Nooooooooooooo…

Was hoping for a empy weekend, now it will be a empy 1-2 hours :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

Anyway, thx for informing as earlie as possible :slightly_smiling_face:

is 25 now and nope ? :smiley:

RexXxuS — Yesterday at 8:14 PM
Alright @everyone RE,
it took good 2 hours. Next time it will be even faster. Thanks for your patience.
Fingers Crossed as always
For now, we wish you a lot of fun in HWS RE 1.6.

P.S.: At the beginning a lot of players are downloading the SharedData folder and Cache (>175mb). This is an issue for the game for now. There is no queue system yet. So for the first 1-2 hours you will experience disconnect popups until the data bottleneck gets cleaned up.

September 26, 2021

RexXxuS — Today at 8:34 AM
Good Morning HWS Community @everyone
just a headsup that we are aware of the current most important issue: OCD mismatch items. The new RE version added new items in a way, that the old got mixed up IDs.
We have to rework our OCD to make it future proof, getting rid of the always changing IDs. Please have a bit of patience until Jascha finds a solution for that and make sure to report your mismatched ocd:gets via a ticket in the forum!

Apart from that I want to thank you for 150 players again on HWS RE within the first hours and for the first time ever: 7000 Members on Discord!
I could have never thought 5+ years ago that we would get at that point. But it’s motivating and I’m grateful.
Have a great Sunday

1 Like

What is the origin of the researcher’s weapon?

What’s that?
Only those are relevant for HWS Origins

Good Evening RE,
after a 2 hour Skype session with Jascha we identified some issues with the item IDs and names.
We did following:
• properly fetch names from localization.csv => nice names should be also in the OCD / HWS Connect Marketplace now
• as soon as new blocks get added we get a note
• we converted the old items to the new one
• we forcefully converted the weird solar panels into the proper Aux Cores you had. They were corrupt.

:warning: Everyone who pulled items out of the OCD that were not what you expected must write a ticket when he did it and what item he expected, additionally, just put them back in the OCD, so we can convert them to the right item then.
Everyone else just reload your OCD page. It should be looking good now. If not, let us know.
Sorry for the inconveniences but it’s just the big negative side-effect of “let’s mod stuff” we have to live with.