HWS SKILL TREE SUGGESTION THREAD-Wiseman's Baby!

This would be a good Idea, but why should someone settle there instead of the non taxed planets? If you have to make one jump or three, Most people dont care. We need something to get people there. And only Ressources dont bring people there, only Miners on a visit.

1 Like

Yeah it would have to be in a really prime location. Like perhaps a little moon in Black Hole that could only be accessed via SV or something (and it wouldnt wipe) to make it more valuable.

But thatā€™s something where you and the other players will have to decide as Iā€™m not aware of the current state of the universe :slight_smile: So if you have any good ideas for it, then please let me know :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

1 Like

I think i see where your coming from. It could work ā€˜ifā€™ its done right.

I think it should work something like this: Using the logic of the real world like we as humans usually get good at whatever we spend the most amount of time doing. So lets say that your good at selling your products in the in-game market. You will get a bonus of less taxes for selling them in the market. The first level of bonus could be given if you sell a certain amount of products like 10 or 20 times lets say. And to get more bonuses youā€™v got to sell alot more, lets say 30 to 50 times more. The cap to these trade bonuses could be up to a 1% tax on what you sell instead of the higher 10% tax that i think we currently get charged by the ingame market for selling.

For fighting like being active in pvp you could get a bonus of ammo discount and for fighting with your character on the ground you could get a bonus of health. For those who make their bases underwater and chose to live most of their time under the sea they could get an oxygen carrying amount bonus. If you specialize in mining you could get a bonus in the amount of ore you get from mining and the ability to carry more materials on your ship.

1 Like

This depends on how far ingame-actions like selling or living below water are trackable. But a Skill Tree connected to ingame activites would be nice. I really like the idea to have a progress in certain areas.

As long as its not the grand opening of the Abusement-Park Wisemans Baby can grow :smiley:

With a planet so close to GG we also would need to lower the ammount of Bases on the Planet/Moon. Like, if we reach 50 to 100 Bases the Tax goes up.

1 Like
  1. Permanent vs per season
    I do not know, if target is to create skill tree, which you fulfill within one season, or skill tree, which will motivate people to grow over seasons. One season trees will be good for new players to be able to catch up, permanent will be more motivating for old players to stay but need more work to have content ready for more seasons.

Also, you should first discuss with Rex, how skill tree should support and motivate to become Patrons, because it will answer your question about permanent vs per season skill tree.

I would go for combination:

• per seasons skill trees using your proposed Origin skills
  • Ambition skill trees which could be permanent for Patrons or Patron could earn in Patron skill tree one skill - ā€œPermanent Ambition treeā€ so they could earn all, EB, OCD, EGS over time
  • Patron skill tree
  1. Patron skill tree
    There are some features available only for Patrons which could create skill tree for Patrons. I would recommend, that with more months of Patronage, you can unlock every month new Patron features, you can choose, which Patron features you want according Patron skill costs and of course, you will start from begin, if you cancel your Patronage. But there should be supporter package to catch up ,) Earn more Patron skill points according Patron level or different trees for each Patron level will work both.
    I understand, that full skill tree could be finished without touching Patronage design, just combining these two things could motivate people to become Patrons and also, could encourage people to long term Patronage.

2. Origin skills branches
    I would group skills according purpose (warp RP boost, NPC package boost, ā€¦) but I would not use Origins at all. First, you need not to change it, if you change/add origins later. Second, it will create freedom to spend skill points according what you really focus. Third, if you add element of keeping skills or skill points over seasons because of Patronage, you can change origin without impact on skill tree. You still can group them visually according origin purpose or limit combinations or common branch, but I would avoid using names of Origins. I understand that Origins should be preferred and skill trees without them could just create ā€œbuildsā€ approach, so lets just check your stats about how many people changes Origins.

3. Skill tree vs supporter packages.
    It should be clear from the beginning if supporter package will contain something which will boost skill tree. It should be also Patron>Spending time ingame>AdHoc supporter package so think carefully what will be available for Patrons, what you can develop over time just by playing game and visit HWS and what you can buy using credit card.

I would suggest general approach, that:

• if you are Patron, you will have advantage to continue with existing tree, because skill points would be kept across seasons (for some or all trees)
  • if you connect/vote more frequently, you can advance faster through skill tree because you will accumulate more skill points
  • if you spend $, you can catch up with missed votes or missed Patron months ,)

Sorry, maybe I just open more questions than propose ideas, but I would rather wait for decision about permanent vs per seasons skill trees and relations with Patrons before spending too much time with detailed proposal.

And still rule number one: Big changes are fine, frequent changes are bad. Nothing will demotivate more, than changing value of things achieved too often. So prepare it carefully and do not be afraid to take any current benefits, if design will last for next year.

2 Likes