HWS Story / Role Play suggestions / feedback

I like the planet ownership idea, and It feels like it could be done within the current framework … let me brainstorm a little:

Imagine a planet/moon that gets a complete wipe AND a change in ownership, depending on which faction has the highest kill count in that play field, which would include POI kills.

*** Edit: cut away some stuff about PVE ***

The cycle could look something like this:

• On friday the planet becomes open for all. The fight for ownership begins.
  • On monday the planet is completely wiped and change ownership to the winning faction
  • On friday the planet becomes open for all again. The fight for next weeks ownership begins.

… and so on …

One of the weak points here, is that player A could log on friday after wipe, kill all POI’s and not set foot on the planet all weekend. Player B, C & D will come down to the planet during the weekend, see the raided POI’s and say: “F it, we can’t get enough kills, so we wont bother going there” and player A would become the new owner.
I’m sure this can be tweaked someway …

The fighting/PVP part of this will effectively cut off traders from access, not being a “fighting” faction, but as a trader i think that anything that keeps pirates/hunters occupied elsewhere is fine with me.

Killcounts can not be measured by the server. So it won’t work. And you can’t rely on screenshots because sometimes your base gets kills for you without you even seeing it. Or I ask a friend in another faction to trade kills.

Also limiting members per faction won’t work well because they will just split up into 2 factions and then work together as closely as they can. Also SWP for example always has atleast 1 person online. There is always someone in their base AFK or something and when you attack it more will come.
But people who somewhat have a real life are unable to defend their bases due to the enormously lame offline raid tactics and to the people who can play 24/7.
Faction size & activity will always prevail in these kind of games, taxing them won’t do much. On top of that they probably have enough gold to not care about those taxes anyway.

There has to be something that can be measured, to determine activity on a planet ?
The idea above kinda relies on that. If there really is no way, then so be it … idea = mute

There is no way to account for the SWP factor. In every game there is always a bunch of people who will steal, cheat, exploit and abuse just to get any advantage. Moral and fair play ethics are far gone and replaced with alpha male rhetoric and anarchy.
All they really want to do is F up other peoples playing experience and project their misery on their surrounding, anything to inflate their bruised ego and mend their broken personalities.

I deal with these people the same way as with bad drivers; stay far away and let them cause trouble to someone else.

I think it’s better (if planet ownership is possible) to have almost all planets PVE at start while orbit is always PVP, except for starter playfields and a few sanctuaries.
There is already a way to measure activity, the taxes from planet factions formula is enough. Instead of making money disappear in the galactic bank, it will go in the pockets of producers/administrators we have as traders, they’ll supply military factions and do polictics for their survival, trying to make others players stay on their planet for taxes.

Seriously, what madness as people have to want to own planets and want to close the planet to group A, b or C, or the role of their time to their massive presence, nothing and mechanically to become a planet belonging to no one, He must always be Wild and dangerous place, want to get rich that you risk paying the price, do not understand some groups in this server, they have billions in their banks are with their butts full of ingots and for what? Stay in your home planet in its grandiose, gigantic, wonderful castle living like a little Disney princess … speak serious m, nothing by owner on the planet gold, of which proves the best battles of pvp …

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say, sorry

With the recent teaser drop on the faction play for 6.0, I thought I would jump on the bandwagon for suggestions!

Note that all you are about to read is highly opinionated, go easy!
Suggested to give Monetary Perks (CR) where there is a lesser RP gain.

Lawful Good ---------- Guardians
Chaotic Good ---------- Traders
LN-Neutral-CN ---------- Freelancers
Lawful Evil ---------- Hunters
Chaotic Evil ---------- Pirates

Trader: Goods, Trades, Loans and Economics
–The justification for profit is profit.–
min Get | 7min Put

• No Blackmarket tariff.
  • Can buy from Blackmarket anywhere with 40% transaction fee
  • Can only ally with factions from: Traders, Guardians, Freelancers
  • +1% EB (standard interest tick timer) interest per 7mil in bank
  • 0% EB transaction fee
  • 1 RP / 12000cr per POI core destroyed (Faction) 6 per day
  • 60% of RP purchase cost
  • -1 RP per 4 deaths
  • Starts with Light Armor
  • 150cr per 1 hour playtime (alive, ticks only at 1 hour mark)
  • 80% taxes
  • Starts with Tomato, Pumpkin, Durian & Corn sprouts
  • Trader only zone/NPC in EM which contains Server made packages that only Traders can buy.
  • fa:scan 5min cd, 12km range
  • -20RP requirement to buy NPC packages
  • 5 bases max Cumulative (Eg: 2 private 3 faction / 1 private 4 faction / 0 private 5 faction)
  • Can list max 5 ships for sale
  • Cannot transfer CR to Pirates

Hunter: Bounties and squashing competition.
–I am a hunter. Space is my forest.–

• OCD: 15min Get | 15min Put
  • Can only ally with factions from: Hunters, Freelancers
  • +1% EB (standard interest tick timer) interest per 15 Hunterboard Kills
  • 4% EB transaction fee
  • 1 RP / 10000cr per POI core destroyed (Faction) 5 per day
  • 90% of RP purchase cost
  • -1 RP per 2 deaths
  • Starts with Medium Armor
  • 200cr per 2 hour playtime (alive, ticks only at 2hour mark)
  • Full Tax
  • Starts with Tomato Sprouts
  • fa:scan 7min cd, 18km range
  • -5RP requirement to buy NPC packages
  • 3 bases max Cumulative (Eg: 1 private 2 faction / 2 private 1 faction / 0 private 3 faction)
  • Can list max 2 ships for sale

Guardian: Protectors of stability.
–We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave.–

• OCD: 15min Get | 15min Put
  • Can only ally with factions from: Traders, Guardians
  • +1% EB (standard interest tick timer) interest per 5 Hunterboard Kills
  • 2% EB transaction fee
  • 1 RP / 11000cr per POI core destroyed (Faction) 6 per day
  • 80% of RP purchase cost
  • -1 RP per 3 deaths
  • Starts with Heavy Armor
  • 100cr per 1 hour playtime (alive, ticks only at 1 hour mark)
  • 90% taxes
  • Starts with Tomato, Pumpkin & Durian Sprouts
  • fa:scan 6min cd, 13km range
  • -15RP requirement to buy NPC packages
  • 8% discount when you buy from a Trader
  • 4 bases max Cumulative (Eg: 1 private 3 faction / 2 private 2 faction / 0 private 4 faction)
  • Can list max 3 ships for sale
  • Cannot buy Pirate Origin Trades
  • Cannot transfer CR to Pirates

Pirate: Robbers and Murderers.
–Take what you can, give nothing back.–

• OCD: 11min Get | 11min Put
  • Can only ally with factions from: NONE not even Pirates
  • +0.5% EB (standard interest tick timer) interest per 20 Player Kills
  • 2% EB transaction fee
  • 1 RP / 9000cr per POI core destroyed (Faction) 5 per day
  • Full RP purchase cost
  • -1 RP per 1 deaths
  • Starts with Medium Armor
  • 200cr per 2 hour playtime (alive, ticks only at 2 hour mark)
  • Full Tax
  • Starts with Tomato sprouts
  • fa:scan 6min cd, 13km range
  • Full requirement to buy NPC packages
  • 3 bases max Cumulative (Eg: 1 private 2 faction / 2 private 1 faction / 0 private 3 faction)
  • Can list max 2 ships for sale
  • Cannot buy Guardian Origin Trades
  • Cannot transfer CR to Guardians

Freelancer Everything you need done in the grey area.
–If I fits, I sits.–

• OCD: 17min Get | 17min Put
  • Can only ally with factions from: Traders, Freelancers, Hunters
  • +1% EB (standard interest tick timer) interest per 20 Hunterboard Kills
  • 5% EB transaction fee
  • 1 RP / 10000cr per POI core destroyed (Faction) 7 per day
  • Full RP purchase cost
  • -1 RP per 2 deaths
  • Starts with Light Armor
  • 100cr per 1 hour playtime (alive, ticks only at 1 hour mark)
  • Full Tax
  • Starts with Tomato & Wheat sprouts
  • fa:scan 7min cd, 13km range
  • -2RP requirement to buy NPC packages
  • 4 bases max Cumulative (Eg: 1 private 3 faction / 2 private 2 faction / 0 private 4 faction)
  • Can list max 3 ships for sale
2 Likes

Thanks @UnagiKing!

Some interesting aspects you have thought of…
Will review it as soon as the stress is over.

1 Like

Thank you for your consideration!

1 Like

Nice suggestions there, i would love to see some role play in the server, not just on the technical aspects.

It would be cool if people actually role playing their faction

Any chance of a smuggler origin being included? Not exactly sure how it would work but I’m sure someone could use some good smugglers to get there items, ships, whatever where they need to go. Could even be a middle man for trader to customer if the trader and customer don’t want to travel but wanted it delivered. Then again people could easily steal stuff this way from customers who have requested their service so I could see why it might not be implemented, but I know I’d love that if possible.