HWS Survey III | Please help us to improve HWS | Mid season patch | Part 2

That takes out the point of targeting warp drives then :frowning:

Indeed. Until now I always activated all shiny things Eleon gave us, but my vacation helped to think about few things as well.
It will be turned off.

Hey @everyone,

Iā€™m back from vacation and hope you had 5 good days!
I will check everything (100+ PMs) I missed over timeā€¦

There are 2 good and 1 maybe bad news though.

1. Good: Thank you so much for 269 Survey Participants! I really like to read everything you wrote and could already think about improvements in the near future! You can still join the survey here:
    HWS Survey #3

2. Good: Because of the vacation and free time and mind, I had a lot of new ideas and thoughts about the coming season and rethinking couple of things, for example Elemental Bank, OCD, Supergates, Events, Starter Planets and more. Donā€™t worry too much about ā€œchangesā€, but some features are 2+ years old and an overall ā€œadjustmentā€ to new ideas and the current meta are needed.
    Stay tuned for a bunch of updates soon.

Now the probably Bad Newsā€¦ but all that being said I made a final and absolute decision with a lot of thoughts put into it.

I will stop responding to private Discord Messages related in any way to ingame drama, problems, etc.

It is not meant as ill will at all, really. But if nothing is coming back from me, you just got the feedback to write your issue down in the Forum! Jascha and I really need a structure and organization to help 1000+ players for FREE for an Alpha game. Discord is not meant for that.
Over the past months I realized how Discord got used and how it affected my mood. Some players not even took the time to greet, write in english / german, insult or just expected to be treated like in a Call Center with top - free - support at any time. Creating bunch of overhead for me.
So again, donā€™t take it personal or negative in any way if I ignore you! You can still write stuff like Feedback, inspirations, Support / Patreon questions.
Thanks for your understanding and the benefit will be recognizable!

RexXxuS

2 Likes

Little feedback after applying the ā€œLimits part 2ā€.

For limits part 1, we tried to merge the bases into one bigger. Wich allow more players to live in. I was very happy of that becouse i think faction benefit from eveyone playing together.

For limits part 2, we realised that we could only get one private and 2 faction in the same spaceā€¦
We need:
CV class 1 for golden globe space.
CV class 1 -150 blocs, -Faction- for homeworld planets and golden globe.

Since the start of Empyrion i like to build main-bases with CV starter, it allows us to escape crowded places and buggy spaces. (like ā€œthe Binomi fuckupā€ as Creepy says, even if it goes better now)

So the only solution we found is to split the faction on every spacesā€¦
Iā€™m pretty sad about it.

Just wanted to give constructive feddback, i think this new rule will lead new players to play more solo than faction.
And i think faction is better for making new people learn and keep playing this game more than one season.
Btw as i said Binomi is now flyable again so i m all for thoses kinds of limits that could make the game better.

Also think that players complaining from suport should have a look to some other serversā€¦ I once was on one server in wich admins kikked my faction memeber for -asking assistance after bug two times a day-.

Thanks for your time and perfect Support.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback!

That is one solution of course, I would not say the only.
Since private is allowed, it just means bit more coordination. Telling others your door lock codes for example.

Itā€™s overall needed though to not have big fleets in PvP parked around. And 40+ member factions are not easy to handle anyways.

But we will check and see how it goes in the long run.

Couple of reasons. One is actually what I wrote: it is a late game playfield. Ironically everyone can have a class 1 ship when starting but a good Class 1 ship can only be built by veterans.

Another reason is the safe gameplay of Golden Globe. At the moment Class 7 Sponge CVs can enter GG and escape in the 9 minute window.

Another reason is the CV fight, which should be more action paced. Class 7 CVs in a fight is boring long or lucky.

Another reason is the idea to bring back my ā€œGolden Globe Brotherā€ Asteroid invention. => stacking 5-10 Asteroids inside each other to get 10+ stacks out from Asteroids. This is a burden for a playfield though. So the smaller ships flying around there, the better the performance even for drilling will be (Ping matters: the better the ping, the more ores the harvest box can gather)

@Jascha need to answer that. I thought it works already like this.

My vacation gave me a cool new Universe idea for HWS 9 to boost Orbit (CV) PvP. Wait for it.

1 Like

Yes, that is true, but I think if just set up in the black hole with class one cvā€™s that have to travel some time and distance to warp/escape, it would bring a much greater chance of a CV take down. At the moment you can just warp at the first sign of trouble. I do think that this would bring specific extra risk reward to playfields which it would be implemented on. Should not be a global solution by any means. Lastly if you are targeting a class one CV, going for generators will be almost as effective in taking it down over a few minutes, those ships are small and you do not have room for too many devices.

I had a couple more thoughts for discussion overnightā€¦

I feel that players should not be able to purchase teleportation portals next season. They are really cool and we use them in my faction to travel between bunker and homebase. However I feel this is just too safe and limits the risk of warping in and travelling through space to bring in supplies, mine gold etc. They are a disincentive to pvp and space battles.

The other, is possibly more controversialā€¦ but letā€™s put it out there for discussion, can the superheated be coded to only allow CV (plus docked ships) to warp on specific gates? If so you could further increase the likely hood of space PvP in the black hole by only permitting you to warp/out in with a cv and docked vessels. No jumping in with an SV in the black hole.

Now if we also remove the indestructible bunkers from GG, then logistics etc become a real challenge.

Some ideas for debate!

2 Likes

Good points. Actually a lot of thoughts went into these topics as well in my vacation.

Considering other servers sell them for real money, I really realized that itā€™s crazy how much overhead this causes. Ideally a server runs without any admin interaction but forcing me to login to the game and set up the portals is quite a big burden over time.
Especially if players canā€™t follow the simple Teleporter Template I provided.
I donā€™t want to make a real money cash grab out of it as others but my time I have to invest there is not justified with the downsides you bring up.
It was a cool idea to match them with Garage ships but for HWS 9 a lot of Garage ships will be removed anyways.
So overall, removing these ā€œdumbā€ stargate structures not only improve the performance a little bit but also makes logistic more important, true (for Alpha 9 important anyways regarding weight etc.)

I donā€™t think only CVs make ā€œorbit PvPā€, considering how bad they are implemented regarding speed, ratio, etc.
But as I wrote above: the HWS 9 Universe will be more PvP challenging regarding your travel routes and you have to make important decisions before using Supergates.
I will teaser more about it very soon.

The EGS Bunkers will be banned from HWS and only come back if Iā€™m sure Eleon fixes some crucial PvP gameplay which I donā€™t see happening for the next 1-2 years.

1 Like

I agree they need fixed but theyā€™re the best for orbit PVP. SV combat in space is disgustingly unbearable with the jumping around. And I donā€™t say that lightly.

As long as this doesnt involve a lot of uneventful flying through space from point to point. Theres a lot of that with little risk as it is, unless significant changes are made.

My biggest concern for HWS 9 is that for pvp to be fun an plentiful, there needs to be a reason to live in PVP. HW RP was a step in the right direction but the offline protection being dropped by allies and leading to offline raids was a major detriment. Strong bases being soloā€™d by players should never happen. Building a base and taking a base on should both be significant undertakings resource wise.

Good Morning everyone,

I forgot to announce properly, that with the limit change yesterday we also set the setting GroundedStructureSpawn to false. This means you donā€™t need a platform anymore to spawn your ships. This will prevent useless structures and performance waste.
Itā€™s the logical consequence since we changed the HWS gameplay from ā€œparkingā€ structures to ā€œReady to spawnā€ Blueprints, as announced last week. The current big HWS spawn platforms will be turned into huge Repair platforms in HWS 9.
I will highlight this change for HWS 9 again.

Totally agree and my todo list with cool incentives for PvP is long. Iā€™m a PvP player after all. But I just canā€™t clone myself unfortunately. Too many things in too less time must be done.

Bare with me. Eleon has PvE + Singleplayer focus, so Iā€™m really eager to boost MP + PvPā€¦ again.

Just maybe upper the requisites for rp gain on HW. Need to be at least a class 2/3 base. People just burying a core and get free Rp.
Is not living on HWā€¦ is putting a core on HWā€¦completely defeat the purpose.

2 Likes