the Survey is incredible interesting for me!
I’ve read everything so far and thank you a lot for your valuable feedback! Good or bad!
I already made notes of things I agree and will change!
The most interesting things for me were the 3 questions about Exposed Thrusters, Mass&Volume and 2 month season.
While 3 months season are still the way to go for you for now, the other two questions are showing a tendency of a change! And I like that!
- HWS is NOT Vanilla! Whatever and where ever you tested with Mass&Volume, it won’t be like HWS - with my HWS Config and changed container + backpack values. I would have OCD, OAM, etc. in mind as well as POI raiding. The big power drain of cargo extensions is also something I don’t 100% support.
- We can always go back in HWS 11 since it’s an option
- Thrusters would get a hitpoints boost but the details matter here
- for one exposed does not mean they have to be put outside! You can still place them inside but you have to make sure a “tunnel” is available for them to the outside
- one layer of shutter windows can be put in front of Thrusters - good for our EWS
So every concerns mentioned in the Survey are mostly because you didn’t know the details yet - understandable. But most are open for a test - same as me.
Especially with Shields, you have to rework your ships anyways, so why not beat 3 flies with one clap?
Yes, some complain about old ships and to rework them but once you start doing it, I’m sure you will have fun to discover new aspects of the game!
And yes, there were of course also comments which made me worried… like “I cancel my Patron if you activate it” or “I will never return to HWS if you activate it”, etc.
Quite strong sentences were used.
All I can say to that: such sentences were used already in the past and guess what: these guys still support me and play on HWS.
It’s up to you to threaten me that way of course but to resist yourself against changes that way, will never help in improving overall. And even if the “try” fails, it was still an improvement.
So I’m not saying I ignore such feedback but the way it’s presented is not something I like or helps you overall to stop me doing it for sure then.
Anyways, it will be a new interesting challenge to all builders out there to show even more your experience in good (PvP) designs!
Few examples of the setting “ThrustersNeedOpenSpace”:
- I was thinking about a dedicated “PvP EGS Spawn” Zones somewhere on ECC.
A one time free PvP ship (sponsored by PvP players?) for everyone.
That way they can go sooner into heavy POIs raids or PvP even.
Cause’ Prefab ships are Singleplayer ships…
- I try to hurry with the HWS Config changes and activate it also on the Official EXP server. Including the Mass&Volume setup.
Thruster not sure yet since the Survey was only meant for HWS.