I loose 3kk because of bug with toolbar

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> It is a bug in the game. I placed item to the container and then use Wifi Icon to add heavy item to the toolbar. When I found that item it too big for my ship I go to the creative mode. When I return from creative mode I found that my expensive item was missed. I tested bug on the other items and it can be simple reproduce. My CV is Private, so, nobody from faction can take it.

How to reproduce:
Add only one item to the box. Use wifi icon and add the item to the toolbar. Disconnect from the server. Return to the server. Item removed from toolbar and box.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Cookie_Eater

Server? (+ EU or + NA or RE EU or RE NA)
=> RE EU

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> 27.02.2024 22:00

On which Playfield?
=> ECC

Structure Name(s)?
=> SDS Ravager C_E

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 187441

How can we help you now?
=> Can you restore 1x Fusion Reactor?

Good evening.
This is a common bug atm and eleon knows about it.

Simply put never ever logout with a container connected to your toolbar especially with items in it.

Also there are going to be no records of this event except what you purchased.

Admins will have to trust on blind faith to restore the item to your backpack, i’m sure this will be the case, but plz note… try and never do this…

They wont be on now until tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Gareth, do you mean that game developer knows about critical bug and do not fix it?

Hi, @nasvinete.
The bug is as Gareth said.
Try to avoid using the connected toolbar unless you here it “here and now”. Any disconnect or logout will wipe the items.
And yes, the developers know about it, but most likely nobody have been able to provide them with a guide to always reproduce the issue.

In the future, we can’t help with this issue unless we have a video with timestamps showing the items being lost.

For now, we’ll take your word for it and restore it, as a one-time exception. It should be back in your inventory.

I guess I know how to reproduce the bug, I will try to create video. Yesterday, after losing the generator, I managed to reproduce the bug and consciously lose the laser).

Is there a list somewhere of such bugs that can lead to the loss of items? I wouldn’t want to lose any item that could take weeks to farm.

the list would be too long to constantly edit. there are many more bugs awaiting you :frowning:

the game developers do know about this bug and how to reproduce it, they just don’t have any idea how to fix it.

It’s important to note, that it must be done in singleplayer in vanilla scenario. Not RE.

there is a bug report that is currently closed with this response:

`A fix for this in SP will be available in the next release.

& a fix for MP when a client gets disconnected will also be available in the next release (the items that were on the connected toolbar will get placed back into the connected container).
Jul 16, 2021`

they are aware but seems they don’t care :frowning:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.