I need help please: base griefer

because his massive HV was his only mode of transportation, and he couldnt be bother to get out and walk on my publicly available elevator, stairs and walkway? for the last 100 feet?

no, he saw my base, went back out to his cv got his massive HV (hes got more than one right) and went on a tirade because he had a fit that my base was there.
The idea that my base was blocking access is not factual nor is it even a strong argument, which sole purpose is to distract from the core issue here which is he did intentionally grief my base…

So let me get this straight… (please no more argumentations from her onwards, just facts):

• Silent build a massive hole next to the poi
  • 50_Fuego build a base in there 4 days ago
  • Silent sees that base, they argue in chat and then digs below the base

So just a few questions:

• How was the ownership of that Tunnel visible to others
  • Why did silent dig beneath the Base? With HV or Player?
  • ID of the HV

Please just answer me, don’t answer to each other. Thanks.

(21. 08:59-10:38)

Silent started digging below my base after he exclaimed in chat “how dare you build in MY tunnel”

I went to check that base right after and he was already digging out underneath.
see first screenshot. I asked him in global chat “are you griefing my base?”
which he responded “my tunnel”…
that was the first interaction with Silent that I had.

again. there was no claim at all to this tunnel anywhere, there was plenty of room to get by my small base.

he proceeded to pretend to cover it up by saying my base was blocking his massive HV. (cylon raider)
which had not even been in the tunnel since i built my base.

Any medium or small sized SV or HV, could have fit by my base… but that is entirely besides the point.
he intentionally griefed my base.

there was another hv parked in a separate tunnel on the opposite side of the drone base, it is a small lady bug HV.

but nothing at all was present in the tunnel i built in.

Also as this progressed, he started claiming he couldnt fit his massive HV around my small BA, 100 Feet from the generator room entrance. its not even logical.
I only needed a few bullets to destroy 2 sentry guns, and literally 2 remote charges to disable the entire POI.

it was a Tunnel when I built my base.
Silent was threatening to turn the tunnel into into a canyon, before i got off the server, so I hope he wasnt trying to further grief by exposing my base to the POI cannons.

ok so i checked the state of my base just now and hooboy did silent make a mess of that tunnel.

its now just a massive hole in the ground, and my base is now floating in the air exposed to the surface.

talk about having a fit.

i believe this was a further attempt to grief my base, by exposing it to POI cannons. given the proximity, to the base, I cannot fathom any other reason for this behavior.

Thanks for the info.

Lets just wait for silents reply. @Conspiracy: not sure if he is singed in here, but please let him know he should answer as soon as he gets online (or through you)

So just to add to this 50_Fuego exploited to build his base that allows him to monopolize the drone base spawn/loot. His base is build w/in the confines of the of the drone base that a player is not normally capable of building

Definition: A Bug or Exploit, for the purposes of HWS Law, is defined as “Any mechanic, whether executed in or out of game, which creates a condition that was not an intended functionality of the game OR HWS Server features.”

Under no circumstances will the use of any bugs or exploits for personal gain or profit, or any advantage be tolerated for any reason

In advance sorry for the debug. The red section of structure here is part of the drone base that is remaining after harvesting the blocks for a while. The green portion is 50_Fuego’s base. It is built so when the drone base re spawns he can walk in take out the generators and loot everything with almost no threat what so ever, and in the event he dies he can spawn back in the safety of his base underground.

Edit: if you would like me to make a separate post about this let me know.

1. The tunnel was not visible to any players as being owned by others other then it being shaped exactly like silent’s giant cylon raider HV. The tunnel was created by Silent over 2 weeks ago and we’ve been using it off and on since then when we build ships to harvest the walls of the drone base when it’s up, not to actually only claim the loot.

2. silent cored out around the base with a HV to get past his base to get to the poi that was the initial interaction I’m not sure what occured after I went to see what was going on, this guy built his base at the exact point everyone was getting in at the end of the tunnel to destroy the corner out of the base to get directly to the core (as seen in the two pictures I uploaded, my two pictures are in plane to the tunnel created, I couldn’t fit my vessel in either even after he cored around it because my ship is much taller then his HV and before I could this guy’s base is smack dab in the tunnel created by silent.) The initial interaction are in 50% screenshots 50% initiated the conversation silent did not tell him “how dare you build in my tunnel” he responded with “This is my tunnel, I’m widing it because you built in it dingus”, silent even told the guy he wasn’t trying to grief he was just trying to pass in those screenshots to which 50% insisted he was being greifed. (He basically told silent all the hours he put into his tunnel didn’t matter and now that was his portion of the tunnel and he’s being greifed, 50% kept telling him he’s ganna report him in global, then this guy continued antagonizing him in global about ownership which I assume lead to silent taking his ship to dig a hole next to the tunnel so we could just bomb in and out at the end of the tunnel.

3. I can’t see the id atm, silent will have to write to you.

Ok @Jascha I will let Silent know to respond to this thread. ETA about 6-8 hours ish. It’s 2pm central here atm, he doesn’t get on usually until about 8pm+ for me to talk to him.

@Jascha
Alright so here is my story, I hope you enjoy it.

When we first started playing on Cryo a1 we went up to a drone base and got murdered. So to get back to our backpacks i had the bright idea of digging to them which worked great. Then we turned our attention to the drone base itself and wanted our revenge so we extended our tunnel all the way to the drone base to assault it. This was a great strategy because none of the drone turrets went off on us while closing the distance to the base. So a couple days went by and we left Cryo to go to the alliance planet like i assume all noobs do.

We built a base on Alliance HQ and adventured forth around the planet. Discovering another drone base on this new planet, my interest was peaked. I set out to explore it. Before digging anything, I pondered a moment and realized the most difficult part of the drone base on the previous planet was running out of bag space. So i made a HV for the sole purpose of assaulting the base from underground with enough storage to keep all the treasure. I began digging a tunnel to the drone base about 400m away that afternoon and finished it hours later at night. It occurred to me upon finishing the tunnel that other people were bound to use it. This didn’t really matter to me as long as i could use the tunnel for myself whenever i wanted. Some of my faction mates thought the tunnel would be big enough for a base but i advised them against it because i knew it would cause several problems. Some problems being: an unfair advantage of a resurrection point being right outside the drone base; loss of content for other players because the drone base would always be looted immediately after re-spawn. My advice was taken and my faction decided it was in the best interest of everyone just to use it as it was, a tunnel. Since that day, I have witnessed many on alliance HQ using the tunnel I dug to their satisfaction. As a result i felt good i had done something to help others in the community.

I thought this would be the end of the chapter, but one day one of my faction members used the tunnel and discovered someone built up a base at the end. I instantly got in my ship and went down to the planet to investigate. I entered the tunnel entrance and continued to nearly the end where i saw the newly built base. At that point i inspected it and while trying to get past it, in my HV, became stuck. After several minutes of struggling to get free without any progress i got the drills out of my storage and put them on my HV. With the drills equipped i got free relatively easy but the tunnel had widened under the base. I took it upon myself to fix the tunnel so once again everyone could use it with any craft they wanted. This is when the base owner showed up on his HV and started squawking about the small gap under part of his base. My attempt to reason with the owner only inflamed his anger and he accused me of griefing him. The base owner repeatedly shouted at me in global while i went about fixing the tunnel. It is when he said, “I’m going to report you to the gm’s for griefing me and you are going to prison.” i realized his hatred went too deep in his soul and he would probably build at the end of my rerouted tunnel out of spite. So i decided to make something else. Eventually the base owner ran out of steam and flew off in his HV. I devised a new plan and figured I could keep the existing tunnel to get people close enough to the drone base without being shot. Then i widened the tunnel completely around the drone base. I still felt this wasn’t enough, someone could still just seal the tunnel. So i took out the surface of the tunnel creating a giant crater around the drone base. I chose to do this so even if he sealed the tunnel people, if fast enough, could still zoom into the gap next to the drone base and be safe. The crater finally completed, my night was done, i drifted off to sleep with a glass of carbonated water at my bedside while listening to an episode of Red Dwarf on TV.

Thanks for answering, but

I don’t want a story, I want facts. We have no time to go through your life.

So you really want to stay with this argumentation? Just wondering and giving you here a chance to think about it. Just keep in mind… If you try to play us or lie, you get punished.
And no story please.

Thank you

@Jascha It took me hours to write that up… it basically described everything that happened… ANYWAY…

fact: I dug a 400m tunnel
fact: i left it open so the community could use it
fact: the community did use it frequently
fact: he built a base in the tunnel with a bridge going into the drone base
fact: i got stuck in his bridge while tring to squeeze under it.
fact: i had to widen the tunnel to get my HV out.
fact: he flipped out when he noticed i was modify the tunnel to go around the drone base entirely
fact: part of the terrian was lowered under his base by his bridge and could of been filled easily by him at any time
fact: i offered to fill it myself but he said no
fact: i spent hours making a crater for everyone to use around the drone base for their ships
fact: i spent over 8 hours raising terrain so the drone base wouldn’t be floating
fact: as of right now he removed his base from the tunnel

Well, either you like to Ignore my warning, or you are not aware off how you come across.

Either way you will end up in Prison for 24 hours and become guilty.

First of all: The tunnel does not belong to you, even if you build it. And you can’t expect anyone to know that. If you want it to belong to you, build a base and everyone knows.

Second: You know we have all the chat available, or? You straight out lied about what you/he said. And your behavior was not ok.

Third: Digging under his base is griefing. Getting stuck under it is no excuse. There are even commands available to you to to fix that without digging.

He didn’t steal anything, the guy removed his core from his base,so after Hours of not belonging to anyone. It got harvested by people. So by definition of the rule you posted he is Innocent, also he didn’t lie to you. He told you the entire story. The only thing he might be guilty of is digging out under his base, which he offered to fix to the guy telling him it’s to late and antagonising him in chat for a good 10-15 mins.

So he offered to fix what he did and got refused, protecting this guy that refuses to fix his ingame problems and resorting to pushing it to you to waste your time. That is totally silly!

Just to clarify.

Also, by definition of the rules it’s illegal to build a base directly attached to the drone base as it exploits game mechanics.

This guy did so, and we did not because we understand that rule of exploitation.

So with you saying,

“First of all: The tunnel does not belong to you, even if you build it. And you can’t expect anyone to know that. If you want it to belong to you, build a base and everyone knows.”

I can understand the first party but you can’t tell him to build a base in a tunnel that exploits game mechanics.

That is in a direct violation of the rules itself. Because you can’t build directly onto the drone base unless you exploit it.

I’m not here to argue, I’m here to set facts straight.

If he is being punished. He is being punished for digging out under the guys base.

Which he offered to fix and got refused (which is logged in the chat), which also inherently proves he never had any intention of griefing the guy.

Someone that agrees to inherently fix a mistake they have caused knowing they did something wrong is the complete opposite of Griefing in video games.

The only thing I see using sound logic is he’s being punished because you didn’t like his tone and/or way he answered, BECAUSE YOU CAN’T GRIEF AN ILLEGAL BASE!

SO here it is, FACTS!

1. Guy exploits placement mechanic of drone base and causes bad situation.
  2. Guy refuses to allow situation to be resolved in game.
  3. Guy makes a fraudulent complaint over issue.
  4. Guy gets away with it.
  5. Someone else is punished.

NICE!!!

@Jascha
If Silent gets 24hrs, 50_Fuego also deserves 24 hours for exploiting the placement mechanic and respawn mechanics of the drone base which gave him an unfair advantage over other players. We all proved it in the post with screenshots. @rabidsmurfsown posted the screenshot of his base directly attached to the drone base.

@jascha STEALING? His core was gone within 48hrs of him posting this. He most likely removed it by himself as not to get in trouble for building in a drone base. If you had viewed the chat logs with an unbiased opinion
you would of seen me offer i would fill it back up. Either said nothing in response or didn’t feel like saying anything because he already said, No ill let the gms handle this.

If anything i am being griefed by him making something out of nothing to get me put in prison. All of this is just because he wanted to monopolize the resources someone can get by deconstructing the drone base and i got in the way of it.

No one speaks about stealing. Did I say anywhere stealing? NO
The link you see is about Rule Nr. 2 Fairplay & Gameplay. Click on it and you find the answer.
This Topic is not for discussion anymore.

Two last things from me:

1. Final Judgement: HWS Staff have the final word on the validity and repercussions of any claims following an investigation.

We don’t tolerate such people on HWS. You are permanently banned from HWS. Get out of here.

1 Like

After an apology and a Staff-agreement, the ban was reduced to Monday.