I need help please - Friendly fire blown up my CV?

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> My faction mate and me live close together for weeks now. I have a base and several CVs/SVs parking around it.

Today when I logged in, I got the regular Zirax drone attack. This used to be destroyed with no problems, the turrets on my clanmate’s base and on my base / CV kills them in a blink of an eye.

However, one of my CVs (powered down) exploded when the flak turret of my teammate hit it.

It happened before that my factionmates gun hit the area arond me, but apart from leaving little craters on the ground, but never ever damaged ships / bases.
The ship what got destroyed always parked at taht place, and never got hurt by friendly fire.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Lammaer

Server? (EU or NA or RE)
=> RE

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> Feb 25, 08:00

On which Playfield?
=> System Amugion, planet Idedila

Structure Name(s)?
=> CV named “The X3 MinerWithRamp”, ID: 22292100
(its core destroyed, I’ve added a core to not to get the remains despawned)

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=>

How can we help you now?
=> if it would be possible to check from the logs, what actually caused the explosion, that would be great.
If it turns out that the zirax attack is responsible somehow (I dont think it’s likely, as a sozen of turrets active all around), then that’s fine, shit happens.
But if it turns out that somehow the flak turret of my teammates base caused it, that should be looked into then if its a bug. In that case if I could get my ship respawned for free, that would be great (I saved all the container contents)

An illustration of the situation.

not saying this was the case, just that i noticed that bomber drones (fast ones) in base attacks like to ignore the base it self and aim for powered down ships around your base, i have lost more then few ships to that…now i leave CVs always powered with shields when on planet with base attacks (or enclosed in hangar, if CV is smaller)

Thanks for the input.
As I mentioned, if it has game mechanic possibility, its fine by me, lesson learned :slight_smile: (I park may unpowered vehicled around the base dsince I play and so far no such accident)
Then probably Rexxus has nothing to waste on his time :slight_smile:

But it would be good to know for sure - maybe the server logs have data to confirm.

Unfortunately I have to tell you that logs do not show such things.
We can only say what entity destroyed what other entity.

and was it shown what “entity” was the culprit? Just being curious :slight_smile:
(no clue what “entity” means here)

ah sorry, somehow I’ve read it got only damaged, not destroyed.
It sounds like you were basically the first who discovered the big regression from the new 1.7.5 patch (that turrets somehow not shoot at drones [sometimes?])
I’m still in desperate need of a video about that…

So yes, it was a drone, who destroyed the core
25.02.2022 07:58:57.988 I API Handler Processing: Event_Statistics: CoreRemoved 22292100 28279116 -1

Thanks for looking into it.
The good thing in the story, I learned how to repair ships on the repair bay, so I had a 2 day challenge on rescuing the ship (mostly because its my custom built ship ingame, and I didn’t save it as a a BP, only as repair template. It just had sentimental value :smiley: )

Probably I can make a recording about the inactive turrets on zirax assaults, as every time I log in, I will get a zirax drone attack… although there is nothing special you will see, the turrets just don1t do anything :frowning: (if I saw well, not even track the target)

1 Like

would be good if we now “learn and understand” the bug.
They have feelings too, you know :wink:

Like: when you see it is not shooting: go inside the turret and see why. No ammo? No reload? What if you reload manually. Shooting then? And so on

Got it, doing some troubleshooting then

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.