I need help please, Homeworld Event bugged again

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened:
=> Our faction [WAS] won todays homeworld event. It wont let us mine or alter the terrain in any way. Also, the 4 towers surrounding the main tower have indestructible blocks? Not sure if that is intended or not.

Player(s) with issue:
=> HoboTruth Dark_Matter Heli_Professor MadManny

Server:
=> NA

Time (cb:time):
=> 4:30

Playfield:
=> Homeworld

Structure Name(s):
=>

Structure ID(s):
=>

How can we help you now:
=> 2nd time Homeworld event has been bugged for us. We just want to go mine the planet and be able to take out the remaining towers. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Did you remember to do ev:join:hw

yes, we all did. We received the credits and RP bonus for winning. Center tower has already been recycled as well.

Hello @HoboTruth
it’s not bugged but annouced that it got reworked some days ago (see event channel in discord or here the history of changes:

It’s all intentional.

1. During the prime time (11PM - 9AM) the terrain is indestructible to prevent too easy Metropolis farming by digging.
    The issue on NA might be, that the “prime time” is longer than on EU (5PM - 11PM).
    That has on other planets pros, on this planet cons.
    I consider it as “ok” though, cause the planet belongs to you and you can drill it still until 11pm (more time than EU again)

2. The Metropolis Protection Tower are now different. The turrets can be destroyed, but the cheesy tactic to shoot straight to the core is not possible anymore :slight_smile:

Enjoy

Thanks Rex

1 Like

11pm-9am in which time zone? I want to make sure I understand this correctly. When we do the HW event around 7pm (GMT-6) we can’t farm the planet at that point in time because it’s the “prime time”? Are you saying that if I want to mine the planet I won in an event that I have to wake up at some early hour in the morning and farm before I have to go to work?

I’ve only done this event twice now and both times (the only experience I have), we have had “technical difficulties” that prevented us from our riches and spoils that the event is supposed to provide. There’s a chance that I’m completely missunderstanding the purpose of the event, but I thought by winning the event my faction would have the planet to mine for 18 hours. From what I’m gathering is that you get the planet for 18 hours but you can’t do anything with it until the times no one is online to reap the rewards. I can’t help but feel like I can’t get the stuffed alien even though I knocked all the bottles over.

The event is not cheap, and it’s not an easy feat. I went in with the expctations that I would lose X amount of resources to do the event, but I would be able to mine what I lost and hopefully a little more. Currently as it stands I spent tons of expensive ammunition, lost some unrepairable ships, and gained nothing at the end of the night. In my opinion* (as it stands), the event is not worth the trouble.

It’s always server time. Type cb:time in chat.
If the event ends at 3AM server time, the winner on NA can’t drill for 6 hours (until 9AM) - that is correct.
Can’t change our server restart times only for the Homeworld Event. It is as it is.

But except Gold Deposits you can still place Auto Miners on the Deposits if you go to sleep and mine if you have the time again.

I’ll revisit the event for the next season again. It’s difficult to integrate a regular event into such an important planet and calculate every outcome and circumstance.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.