I need help please - missing aux cores

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> I was building 3 aux cores in 3 different advanced constructors, all linked to the same input and output. I then took out the supplies in the input thinking the advanced constructor had already consumed the materials needed, I’ve done this before with no issue on other items, but not aux cores. I left the system to go fight some battles then came back and found the aux cores not built and the resources gone and nothing in the queues. I can only assume the aux cores failed because I took the supplies out of the input but I would have expected the consumed materials back. Because of this we lost 300 drone parts, 1440 gold ingots, and 960 silver powder, the rest is easy to get back. I understand if you can’t help we can get back everything in a couple days anyway, just hoping for the best.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Caidin, Random, [c.E][Lunchmeat]Bologna

Server? (+ EU or + NA or RE EU or RE NA)
=> RE NA

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> Roughly 6:00 AM server time

On which Playfield?
=> Onosadhe, LQTO 25499 II Moon 3

Structure Name(s)?
=> Helios-Production

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 5660954

How can we help you now?
=> Give us back the drone processors, gold, and silver powder. Or if you are feeling generous 3 aux cores, might be easier than the other 3 resources. We don’t want any ship restored as we’ve already added and removed from it so if the materials can’t be given back then we are happy just proceeding without any assistance and can recover on our own.

usually the most painful lessons are the ones we never forget. u have just discovered a “fun” feature for construction in empy. they like to devour resources with the construction queue and not give things back when construction fails (the 1st in the ferengi rules of acquisition.) the logistics system gets temperamental when multiple things access the same box and players sort them during crafting.

unfortunately the log files are not very granular in a lot of cases. construction queue falls victim to this. the admins usually will replace things that can be proven, crafting is one place that has a huge blank spot in the logs :frowning:

i suggest not letting this halt gameplay and add this as another lesson in “what not to do in empyrion.” there are many items to fill that list :wink:

moving forward though it’s a good idea to regularly record when doing something that could lead to “fun times” with bugs so the admins have proof to go by. this gives them more ammunition to fire at the game developers for fixing nonsense like this…

1 Like

Hi.

The TL;DR read of what Bob said: We, unfortunately, can’t help because we have no logs about this and nothing we can check.

A video in the future would help, so we have evidence of what was lost, and the possibility of sending the video to the devs.

Thanks for replying so quickly.

I was worried this would be the case. Definitely lessoned learned and will keep this in mind in the future. In the end its not that big a deal, a couple hours worth of collecting resources wasted isn’t going to hurt us, was just hoping for the best.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.