I need help please - Ship gone wandering leaving me to freeze

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> Warped in to Freelancer HQ Sector (I just changed origin from Prototype to Freelancer this morning) and flew to a Pentaxid asteroid to do some mining. As soon as I exited the pilot’s seat, the ship drifted away from me at around 20 m/s (also, it seemed as though I drifted right through the wall of the ship). I died of blood loss from hypothermia on the asteroid while trying to dump my backpack contents into OCD, so i lost a lot of stuff.
I selected to respawn on Eclipse (my ship) but actually respawned in open space, watching my ship drift away again.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Dan

Server? (EU or NA)
=> EU

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> around 13:45 on 07-01-2021

On which Playfield?
=> Freelancer HQ Sector

Structure Name(s)?
=> Eclipse

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 4412162

How can we help you now?
=> Get my ship and backpack back please. And an explanation of w.t.f. happened please!

1 Like

Hey, new bug in version 1.3
If you don’t turn your ship off it won’t fly away, and if you stay on a planet it won’t fly away.

I’ll come teleport the ship to you now.

1 Like

It’s 300 meters away from you now, I’d advise you to turn the ship on and only off at planets once you come back in.

Thanks Dr. Dark. I’ll log in and retrieve it soon.
One thing though - I’m pretty sure I didn’t power off the ship.

Any chance of getting my backpack restored?

Probably not sadly.
Logs are sometimes quite limited, and that makes it difficult for the admins to restore backpacks.
If admins can’t tell for sure that it was a bug you lost your backpack to through logs, then they’d have to take your word for it. And if they take your word for it, they’ll have to do that with everyone, and people can exploit that.

I understand - bit harsh though.
I checked the ship (just got it back) and it was powered on, just with thrusters, signals, oxygen and weapons off (to save fuel).
Maybe the bug report needs updating?

Не надо отключать двигатели

Hey,

I checked your logs and returned the 4 or 5 things you lost. I can’t see anything else

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.