I need help please with Phosphate-IX CV Steal

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened: Write here
I was on Cryo A1 about to leave in my new CV. A Player asked for a ride to Pandowa and I foolishly let him onto my ship. He changed the ship from public to private once we had reached orbit of Cryo A1, and then once we landed he locked me in the hold of the ship, and wouldn’t let me out until he realized that one of the ships docked was keeping the CV held in place.
Player(s) with issue: Write here
Phosphate-IX
Server: Write here
HWS NA
Time (cb:time): Write here
4-21-18 5:30pm
Playfield: Write here
Cryo A1
Structure Name(s): Write here
Carapace - CV
Structure ID(s): Write here
How can we help you now: Write here
The “pirate” said he switched modes once we got into space because he thought that was enough

Might i ask why it was on public anyway? Most would keep it private and just put code 0000 on a passenger seat.

1 Like

I have never played multiplayer before, so I didn’t know that people could take your ship like that. I did not know you could do that with a passenger seat until I reported the issue on chat.

1 Like

As defined in the forum rules this is a punishable offense on starter. This would be considered griefing.

As you’ve already figured out, don’t make a structure public unless you don’t want it anymore.

Making it public means it no longer belongs to you. Anyone can then claim it. It also broadcasts the location to everyone in the playfield.

I’m not saying what they did was right or okay, just giving you a heads up.

1. Griefing

Don’t grief! Griefing is considered anything which creates a harassment experience for any player. Trapping in buildings, kill stealing, chat harassment, stealing trade drops, offensive buildings, burying vessels and/or players, etc.
Players on Cryo L1 with over 100 playhours after a fresh wipe are forced to leave the system or at least not visit the planet anymore to ‘farm noobs!’

So u were grieved by him locking u in the ship after he took your ship cause u set it to public.

This conversation goes back and forth for like 30 minutes just a screenshot of more evidence for investigation.

Not sure if it has been reported but Phosphate abandoned the ship after he couldn’t get it undocked. Someone built him a new one to end the sideshow.

Don’t think taking the ship was issue. Him locking a player in it and not letting him out is the grieving issue I believe.

I got your ship back for you. please log in so i can give it back.TY

2 Likes

ID:16344493, Have admin change to you please.

2 Likes

Thank you very much @sclossin!

@CuriousMind Please state your ingame name or change your forum name to your ingame name. Makes it easier for us.
I set the Ship back to you.

Phosphate-IX was set to guilty.

His/her IGN is viper1232568. I just Spawned Phosphate in a ship like the one he tried to take. I hope I did the “ok” thing. I just wanted to help both players. I did not agree with the way the ship was taken, but not my call. Never set a ship to public viper1232568 would be my advise.I’m sure you learned that. Also seems that most your mats are on the ship. I gave Phosphate-IX a stack of each ore. Phosphate-IX as a “noob” to the server try to make friends first, or at least make sure you know how to “pirate”.

Thank you very much. I’ll log in now. I do apologize for the drama, and I’ll make sure to not be such an idiot in the future. XD

Do I need to do anything to get the ship to be labeled as mine again? I logged in, but it still shows as “other faction”

Sorry must have not worked.
Try now again

Perfect! Thank you so much