Idea : Increase meaning of reputition points

The first suggestion is strengthening the HWS skill tree, at the moment everybody has „finished“ the skill tree after two weeks. Please make it harder to gain the later ranks and implement your original idea of „right to buy reputition based garage ships“ at higher tier ranks.
This will bring a challenge to be on HWS as often as possible.

The second suggestion is to implement playfields that can only be entered if the player has a certain ammount of prestige points. We have that at the moment for the two prestige planets, but it could be even more fun with a line of playfields with increasing difficulty/rewards/prestige point request. By that players have to fight their way up from noobs to Zirax busters.
In these playfields there could be POI with personal lockers, just as you started it with one POI on Eden. This ensures, that every player trying the POI challenge will get some loot and be (hopefully) happy.

3 Likes

I agree there is room to make more “value” to the RP points and like to general thrust of some of your ideas.
One other though I have recently had (and this will not be popular…but…) currently I think you loose 1 RP for every 10 player deaths. This used to be more aggressive, ie the RP loss was with fewer death counts - but was changed when atmospheric conditions were first launched with 6.0 and we have playfields insta-killing players irrespective of the armour/booster combinations they had.

Now that we are pretty much two seasons further on and have a much better set up universe etc I feel that making player death more penalising again (on RP), would be a good thing to increase challenge and consequence.

Then along with more higher tier/universe rewards for building up RP and you have a more cohesive season campaign choice.

Good idea, at least 1 RP per 5 deaths would still be quite reasonable. However I think the way origins gain RP needs more balance as well.

I really like this idea. Sure there are planets that have an rp restriction, but looking at the resources they have I’m not super excited about getting to them. By this weekend I’ll finally have enough to check them out, and maybe I’ll really like what I find. But other than those two planets, there isn’t a whole lot that rp is good for other than upgrading recycle and bank. Good rp sinks for sure, but I feel there could be more stuff to strive for like @CaptainJack mentioned. I’d be very excited to reach a rp checkpoint and be like “Oh yeah now I can go to (x planet) and see what new challenges await”

Just as you suggest, living on Earth or Mars x7 (reward planets) has just one advantage over Eden, thats the lack of a vessel limit.
Planets, or complete playfields, that require RP should wield greater benefits for the busy RP collector​:stuck_out_tongue::wink:

That is an interesting idea. Rather than spiraling out of control Credit costs for ships, RP costs instead/as well?

6.0 was insane hard for me. I started on Guardian 2 I think I died something like 70 times before I left starter. RP was crazy hard to get that season as well for Guardians, I ended with 7… my other two friends ended with less than 7…

1 Like