Idea - Information about other factions from ingame experience

Hi, its Tive again.

Many of you have heard of me either as the person who tries to help, to solve problems or voteing for unpopular but much needed things.

Today i m talking about people who spread ingame experience and encounters with other factions, to public. i think this should be not allowed and any topic like this should be removed on instant.

Why is that so? Well doing exatly that (telling how TAW, SS, GMC or any other alike faction operates), you are giving information to other ppl, who dont have that experience yet. I can be confient here to put things on the same line, doing that and createing posts or shareing information about for example, how to use monogliht, how to do missions like flying city in less than 3 minutes (istead doing it for 30 minutes when i first did it). So in another words i can say that giving this kind of experience to public for free, posting it out n open equals asking rex, where to make best money and where all the traders are located at…

I think by now, you all get the point why i think, that shareing experience about other faction manuvers, operation logics or other stuff should be prohibited. There is one exeption tho… wich i think should be still fine…

*Edit: However i dont mean here, that one cannot share some simpler intel like with what they fly or so on… i m just not into shareing “specifics” as much.

If you managed to survive, you can use the global chat to promote things. Cus nobody should be silenced from free speach, just dont take this information somewere where it can be documented public (unless it contains information that bears no damage about other factions). U can sell your intel, but dont share it to everyone.

When i think about those things, i always ask my self, do i want others do that about me? Exploit intel about me? Where i mine, where i stash my gold, how i move… and so on. If youre the one who would like to share that kind of intel, ask that from yourself also!

At least thats what i think of it. Youre all welcome to comment!

1 Like

I see what you’re saying. I absolutely think that almost all POI stuff should not be posted to the forum. That’s part of the fun!

As far as how factions operate, I find it entertaining. Most times it is misinformation of some kind which can lead to some humorous encounters later. For example, when TAW was enlisting contract miners for GG, many people were up in arms about it until they actually tried it themselves. While it can be frustrating to be the faction that misinformation is spread about, it also promotes a couple things. Of those, unity being the largest but also providing server content. If you look at the post about TAW, you can see PKA try and recruit that player. This is a common enemy they share and made the post into something like “looking for like-minded people” type post.

All this said, I do think people should be able to form their own opinions of groups/in-game activities. I do not think that posts like the ones you’re referencing (towards factions) hurt in regards to player experience.

1 Like