Idea to Cut Down On Support

@RexXxuS and @Jascha

I had a couple ideas.

1. Make the Discord bot respond to anyone who says “admin” with “All of the staff is currently helping other people. Please create a support request at xyz.com for the quickest support.”

Right now community members are typing help in as much as possible but this would be a great addition.

1. Can you make it so if someones response to a support ticket is the correct resolution they will be rewarded ingame with RP, credits, ect?

This should cutdown on the number of repeated questions the staff has to deal with.

Also make it so if enough forum members with thumbs ups a response it selects it as a correct answer. Just add in to the fairplay rule if people knowingly try and pass false information off multiple times they get hit with punishment.

Edit - @dQgnflua had a good idea to make only members who have x number of posts and y hours on connect illegible to thumbs up or down a solution.

1. My third idea is a support video contest. Winners of each submission get their choice from a set pool of prizes

A. Day Zero at HWS
This video will teach everything you need to know about HWS website, Connect, and Discord.

B. Day One at HWS
This video will show people how to get off the starter and out of the HQ palyfields.

C. Advanced Building Series
A series of videos showing advanced building techniques for ships so people can build their own and not use workshop ships.

D. New to PVP
Shows how to navigate PVP playfields and the pitfalls of new players.

E. Political Landscape
As much of an unbiased opinion for each server. The head person can take submissions from all parties and come up with a compilation of data about the current factions and alliances.

Also besides videos
Catelog of HWS ships that are standard spawns that any player can grab off the workshop that are better than your general workshop blueprints.

1. Starter SV
  2. Starter BA
  3. Warp SV Sled
  4. Warp CV Sled
  5. PvP SV, HV, and CV
  6. End Game BPs

I know the video and BP catelog would be time consuming for the current staff to handle. I would be more than happy to build a list of needed videos and BPs and the prize pools for approval by staff. Once that is done I will take submissions and do a once over for any major issues. Once they pass the first stage of review I will gather a group of veteran players who will then vote on the best video or BP and what changes need to be made. Once any changes are made the winner gets his prize and the bp or video become HWS property.

Edit - Course HWS Staff will need to approve each final winner submission.

6 Likes

I personally love this idea… A way to bring even more of the players to be a part of the community as well…
And it can make people work together as well (like me, i am sick good ad editing, but my voice is for me and my x only)
Maybe give players with an amount of hours at the forum the ability to check it out as a solution?

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!

that are some good points.
I’ am already working on the first one, but not discord but ingame. Just have to see how many false alarms it will produce… No one wants to say admin then anymore :wink:

Thanks also for the help offer. Especially after the last few weeks of support terror, this is a good way to get help us out and also make players ingame at ease.

Check out the title next to my name :slight_smile: the “wikianer” title is meant for people trusted enough to edit the rules pages, etc. Might be a good starting point for a subset of “trusted” individuals. Also alot of the suggestions by dreadstar here are things I frequently address during my stream, when people happen to think to ask. You mention you are good at editing, I do not mind walking through some concepts and whatnot if you want to take the time to edit them down and make them interesting. DM me on discord, we can def come up with something. That goes for anyone looking for general building advice, etc., of course.

4 Likes

i think we are all on a pointbreak here…

On the case, maybe admins can make a way for the vets at the forum to X it out as a solution? Even that would be at a great help for both @RexXxuSand @Jascha.

Not everyone, but the solution.

Lets keep this on topic. If you’d like to discuss adding new admins or police create a thread please.

My suggestions add no powers ingame and Id like to keep this thread to that scope.

sure bud =) You know how it is :slight_smile:

I’m trustworthy. I would never lead someone astray.

Done. Chatbot is now responding to “admin” and “help”

2 Likes

I tested it in community na and general. Worked like a charm.

1 Like

@RexXxuS

What do you think of my video idea?

If you approve we will start with:

1. Day Zero on HWS
    A detailed video of the HWS Website, Connect, and Discord.

2. Day One on HWS
    A detailed video of how to get off the starter planet and then moving beyond your Origins HQ playfields.

3. How to Survive in PvP
    A detailed guide show players how to survive in PvP playfields.

All three videos will have the same prize pool.
Winner: Alien Core or 4 million credits

Rules:

1. Video needs to be under 10 minutes.
  2. Video will be submitted to me for initial review.
  3. Once changes to initial review happen a pool of veterans will select the winner.
  4. After final approval from HWS Staff the video will go up on official channels and rewards will be handed out.

Also what about my HWS Standard Ship Contest? Initially I want to start with the following designs.

1. Cheap Starter SV
    This design is used to escape the starter world.

Prize Pool: 999 Stack of each common resource

1. Cheap Warpsled CV
    This design is used to escape the HQ space.

Prize Pool: 999 stack of each common resource

1. Ultimate Exploration CV, SV, and HV.
    Designed to be the ultimate 1 man exploration fleeet.

Prize Pool: 999 Stack of each rare resource except gold and 3 million credits

1. Starter PvP SV
    Designed to get players into PvP cheaply in an effective ship. Ship will need to be class 1 and under 3k blocks. Ship will need to be warp capable.

Prize Pool: 999 Stack of each rare resource except gold plus 5 million credits

Rules:

1. Ships will be submitted to me for initial review.
  2. After review I will have a pool of veterans select the winner.
  3. After any required changes we will submit the final designs to HWS staff for approval.
  4. After any changes HWS staff request prize will be awarded and ship BP will put on workshop.
1 Like

Hey @Dreadstar

sorry, I came back in a not so good shape… need to catch up a lot of messages still and will reply tomorrow in depth but it’s awesome what I read here!

I definitely want to integrate the community much more in such things! Thanks for the idea. After sleep I reply in more detail

Alright, here we go.

That is a smart way as notice but it would take a while for me to update all existent messages. Unfortunately the Discord Bot has not an “edit” button :expressionless:

“Thumbs up / down” = giving a like heart can be done by everyone. But I allowed now everyone who has a Trust Level of 2 on the forum to be able to mark a post as “solved”.
This would indeed be a big help for us if used properly.
We don’t know yet how to automate this with rewards ingame etc. but in general nothing is impossible… Maybe manual for the beginning (we can see the count of users solved topics)
If someone abuses it, we would of course prevent it from happening again…

Awesome! In general to hook the community more into the boat.
I wanted for sure do more of CCCs ( HWS 6.0 - Community Content Contest (CCC) II | Instances )

Videos for certain topics would be superb as well!

I would appreciate if you create a list + rewards mapped to them, so we can just announce and sponsor that as good as possible.

I think this is even too less. You can for sure increase this :slight_smile:

Sounds good!

Sure, it’s great!

1 Like