Impounded space for taxed ships

So, to continue the discussion in discord…

Since there have been an increase of support threads for players or factions that have failed to notice the tax system in ECC, being taxed for millions and learning about the fact after the damage has been done, and including the fact of players and factions that have stopped playing, leaving ships abandoned in ECC for weeks, I have an idea for @RexXxuS and @Jascha that could help to reduce the lag in ECC.

Implementing a space system, featuring a small space station with a teleport from ECC Galaxy Services, and a Supergate connected to ECC, where taxed ships will be impounded and teleported there, removing them from taxed spaces and unloaded from the server.

If a player get their ship taxed, it will be teleported to the impounded space. The player can go pick their ship back by teleporting through the Supergate in ECC, or a portal in ECC Galaxy Services. Then they could pick their ship and leave. That way, all the taxed ships and abandoned structures in ECC will be removed from the system, and moved into a different playfield (that will be most of the time, unloaded, unless someone is picking their ship back).

A few more ideas that could be implemented together with this:

• Stealth the impounded ships and recover them with a command. That way the ships are completely removed from the server until they are picked back.

• Instead of taxing the players automatically with the full amount, tax them a 25% of the amount as fine for leaving the ship in a taxed price, and a 75% to recover the ship. The player can choose if pay the full price and recover their ship, or just 25% of it, and delete the ship. Factions and players surprised by the tax system could choose to sacrifice the impounded ship to reduce the economical damage for the tax, instead of being completely ruined and in debt for it.

• Remove impounded ships that have been abandoned for 3 days. Chances are that the players stopped playing or they completely forgot about the ship. No need to hold the ship for longer.

2 Likes

I like its optional. If its up to me Im for similar system for abandoned ships in general, its a bit messy in some areas.

I like this coupled with my re-education idea. Waive the 75% fee the first time this happens (either per player or structure) if they use a command like

egs:reeducation:[structure ID]

This would teleport them to a 8 question quiz POI on the common HWS rules. A B C D answer switches. Getting the correct answer on all questions activates a teleporter back to impound space where their ship has now switched back to their faction.

This would force the player to ACTUALLY read the rules to find the answers. And hopefully not make any more mistakes like leaving ships in ECC

2 Likes

You could actually use the event system. Teleport them without their backpack or anything, let them read the rules and answer the quiz, teleport them back with their backpack once done :stuck_out_tongue:

Then swarm them with hordes of aliens if they answer incorrectly mwahaha :smiling_imp:

What about the people, that go to ECC, and then log off, in orbit. Then when they log in next day, they’ll be supriced that their ship is gone, and have to (possibly) spam the chat, that they’re stuck in ECC orbit. There could come a message in chat saying “Your ship has been impounded” Then they’d at least know what happend. But the player would still be stuck though…

ECC has tons of teleports around that connect with Elemental Services, maybe I would add a few ones connecting the 4 NPC stations in the system to fully connect them. Removing that, the impounded space would be accessible with both a teleport in ECC Elemental Services, and a Supergate.

Heck, maybe a command that teleports a player anywhere in ECC system to the impounded system could be implemented, aswell.

The idea is all about warping the ships away from ECC, not about stranding the players in middle of the space, after all.

Still might not work with more Elemental Services around. What if someone decided to go to phoenix supergate, and log out there? That’s far away from everything.

A command might work though :smiley:

Wouldn’t be much different of them teleporting to the other side of the supergate in Phoenix and losing their ship to the daily wipe. Worst case, they would have to ask for someone to pick them up, or suicide.

Daily wipe is another discussion. The thing is that some people, like to park 10km+ out. Don’t ask why, because i don’t know. Maybe they had to go for a second, and turned auto brakes off. Then they come back 50km out and log out…

Ships with no pilot automatically brake and stop. Else, people could send ships off with no brakes to the end of the universe. But I dunno what does it has to do with the impounded system. Those ways of getting stranded can happen anywhere, not only in ECC, and the solution has always been police, faction mates or helpful users to pick them up and bring them to their ship.

I know they stop when they have no pilot, but like i said. They could be AFK and fly 50km out, then come back and log out. Then when they come back in, their ship have been impounded, and someone has to fly 50km to pick that person up…

I don’t think there is a universal solution to stupidity and lack of common sense. Worst case, they would have to suicide. A command to be used in ECC anywhere could be implemented aswell, but implement a idiot-proof system, and a bigger idiot will break it.

I’m not saying the only way to get far away is by being AFK. There could be lots of reasons for being far away from anything. Nobody says it has to be 10km or more. You try flying 4km with a jetpack in space. That takes a lot of time.