Increasing Resource Cost Does Not Incentivise PVP or New Players Staying for PVP

Rex has always spiced up the recipes here. He tries to keep it in balance with the amount of different resources that have much different rarity values than vanilla as well.

I actually really like it Bob the way HWS is set up.

1 Like

i will not go into who of the 2 of you said what , but just for the record, increasing zascosium cost from 7.1k to 39,5k is not a 25-30% increase, it’s a 400% increase in cost…erestrum is 200% increase…
nevertheless, next season should be a quite smaller universe once again, so decrease in resource cost for BPs (less ress) should probably follow…

2 Likes

The subject of this post is hws comparisons and has nothing to do with vanilla.

Stick to the subject, thanks.

It is cpu complaint. Your looking at the wrong one. Its in the bottom of the green dragon sv’s screens.

Here:

Apologies I was looking at the one above. Can you please show me the statistics of your cpu compliant sv?

I think all of that was relevant. Also, as @Bob mentioned. Resources in HWS are extremely plentiful. We have a planet with 25 very large titanium deposits. If you run out of titanium, you’re doing it wrong. The game is about mining and exploring, while I love PvP it’s not what the game was designed for. It’s not the end game. Actually, I don’t even think we have an end game.

Point being, the resources are at a good cost right now. No reason to try and mess with it. That’s what happened this season when Eleon messed with stuff. They tried to change the star layout and broke the game in the process. There’s an old saying “don’t fix what ain’t broke” that applies especially in Empyrion where a small, normal change can break the game. Let’s not fix what ain’t broke.

What was relevant to the subject of its about “hws alpha cost differences” and has nothing to do with vanilla?

Stick to the subject of the post, Will, thanks.

I won’t let you or anyone try to divert from the subject of this post.

not understanding what the subject actually is here anymore. seems everything has been discussed on the amount of resources needed to build preferred ships and how to overcome those obstacles. solitions to PvP concernes are here as well. we can’t predict what next season will hold, only prepare and roll with the punches. what more do we need to be on subject about? there have been several replies that you may not agree with but are very valid points in this discussion from what i can tell so far.

This point does stay within the subject matter of the original post so i will reply. So from this comment you think that the massive resource and construction time increase has incentivized pvp? If you think that then i think you are wrong its done the opposite.

The massive resource costs and construction time have made pvp more time consuming, and everything more expensive, back in the day we could still get plenty of resources even though it requires time like now, but we had the more constant pvp to use up those resources quickly.

This is not the case anymore.

this is due to the amount of resources that are available now compared to “back in the day” this season is honestly the easiest one to gather any resources needed to build a vast army with little time. plenty of factory stuffer out there to reduce times as well. one just needs to have a goal and set out to conquer it. this season is nearly over and many changes are at hand. we should really see what the team has planned before trying to change what we don’t know at this time.

Thats exactly what caused this unbalance to begin with; the excessive and overplentiful of resources which then causes them to raise the prices which makes ships more expensive and more time consuming to build because now you have to spend more time mining more resources then you needed before. The construction time has also increased which makes it more time consuming to build and requires more resource input to cut time then before. And whipping players ocd will not solve that issue, only more fun ways of getting players to use up those resources in battle will.

I thought this topic was the relation to resource cost being the reason for the lack of PvP. Now you are changing gears to OCD wiping and resource balance being the issue? I am still unsure of what the topic here actually is. We have all clearly shown how material cost and production time have been adjusted with the shear amount of resources available. This has been compared to seasons past as well as standard vanilla.

Players usually do not PvP for several reasons. Materials and build times should not be a concern as long as you know where to find what you are looking for. The current system is indeed flawed and will be changed next season. We have no idea what to expect as to what levels “should” be until the new universe has been explored. The biggest issue I see here is calculating projections using past numbers as a reference without knowing any of the variables moving forward.

The older builds have no bearing today as they do not function properly and will be essentially shelf dusters that are a huge waste of materials either way. Newer builds are now much different and do not require the same construction standards as past seasons. There is little comparison to be had when the technology and recipes are vastly different.

u should try the CV drill turret then imo its broken af,
can mine through a roid in less then a minute.

Regarding construction timer on factory, one can easly reduce that by a great amount,
if one put in devices and prebuild stuff as opposed straight up ingots n sutch.
My last build i printed was normally 13h & by doing this i got it down to 20min±
( and even 1sec is possible :smiley: )

1 Like