Instanced PvP for practice

Hi,

Long ago (2000, 2001, 2002), I played a game called Jumpgate.

In Jumpgate, we had the option to enter an instanced area with someone to practice pvp with all gear at no cost and no consequence.
It allows for training new players and gives an otherwise pve player a chance to play with a pvp player but without experiencing the drama, banter, lost progress, bad feelings, frustration, nightmares, acid reflux, elevated blood pressure, RIUPs (rash in unfortunate places), etc.

Does such a place already exist?

What does everyone think?

Hi there. I know you’re probably looking for an answer from HWS staff, but I do want to say that Rexxxus has released the configs for HWS. You can transfer these configs and host dedicated servers. Many factions have trained this way as there is no expense and you can spawn unlimited vessels. You could also practice PVP in support space and planets.

All else fails, message anyone from DS3. If we’re bored, we’ll spawn you in vessels and ammo them up and have some big fun.

2 Likes

The svdm, hvdm, cvdm matches are kind of. I haven’t done them but that’s the impression I got. You both get an identical ship and gear and go kill each other with no other loss. Rex makes the HWS Config public at https://github.com/B-iggy/HWS-Configs you can download them and install them and invite anyone you want to fight each other with all admin commands available

2 Likes