Invisible enemy

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> invisible enemy in sector. destroyed my CV

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> fuse512

Server? (EU or NA or RE)
=> RE

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> Yesterday. Not sure the time yesterday. Sill invisible today at dev 19, 22:13 (server time).

On which Playfield?
=> Adeer Sector

Structure Name(s)?
=> Oasys

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> unsure

How can we help you now?
=> Remove or unhide invisible ship

thank you :slight_smile:

this ship was a battlecarrier which has been taken care of :wink:
your remains of your ship i cannot see…
admins will decide :wink:

haha a battlecarrier huh. no wonder i was vaporized lol. i appreciate your help, thank you :slight_smile:

Hey,

do you have a video by chance?
Sadly we cannot restore structures lost in a battle.

I have no video of it sadly. And it wasn’t much of a battle haha.

I was able to recover an SV and make it back to the planet to build back up. I’m okay with loosing it, I consider it part of the risk of playing at this point. Getting free stuff feels a little cheat-y to me anyway.

I have noticed there are stations that are still invisible in the sector. I can see them in first person, but they don’t show up on the map at all. Very stressful. Is this a bug with the game or the server? Just wondering if I need to accept it at this point and try to play accordingly or not?

That isn’t invisible, you can see them. That is a feature of the vanilla game. You have to actively ping your detector repeatedly to locate and identify things on the map.
Some stuff auto discovers and some stuff doesnt, and each and every single thing can have different ranges for with and without a detector discovery.
Some things can even intentionally be set to never get discovered on the map, visual only (not saying this was, just that they can be).

Make sure you have a detector installed on your ship and have it selected on your hotbar and left click all the time to ping.
Also be prepared to have to rely on your eyes and fast reactions only, because that can intentionally happen.

Yup. I was active on the scanner. I can only see the physical blocks, but no marker UI or map marker. I’ll see if I can get a screen shot perhaps.

is this normal then? i don’t think i’ve ever seen something without a radar signature etc. But i haven’t played in a while so could be…

there are some POis that you need to aim directly at them and scan to be recognised

there are few that you need to sit on top of them and you perhaps get a marker

and there are some POIs that you never get a marker or a registry entry, for me those usually contain a trader of some sort

Oh really! Today I learn!

Thank you for your responses, I appreciate it :slight_smile: see you in there!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.