Is Krixus Bugged?

Ok, so I repeat what I wrote:

The communication between our DedicatedServer.exe and the EAC Server is the issue.
Because we have 60-130 players, the DedicatedServer.exe can’t create push network packages towards the EAC server. IF nothing is coming within 90 seconds, you are kicked.

That means: if you join any other low population server out there (lower than HWS obviously) you don’t have that issue for the mentioned reasons.

TL;DR: HWS is too populated for the game - combined with some steam id’s having more issues than others.
I was flying around in Krixus yesterday for ~30 minutes and everything was smooth.

So again, let me know what “test” I should run with your structures and I’ll do it.

1 Like

sounds like we should spread out all the structures and go from there.

A good first try, yes. Then we can at least exclude DSL issues.

I mean in previous patches it was indeed one corrupt structure which could cause disconnects.
99% a base with a Deconstructor / Furnace on it.
Once the DSL loaded that base, the client crashed (myself included).
Don’t know if they fixed that now but it would be easy to reproduce.

ill get rid of my deconstructor right now! never use it anyway haha

If its a the game client communication to EAC client, will moving the bases around actually help? Rexx if we have a bugged structure, how can we figure out which one is bugged?

It’s easy. Once you see structures are loading around you and during that you and everybody else crashes you got the jackpot.

In this case I still think heli has a too weak computer to handle the structures on one place.

But in the end I’m only guessing

@RexXxuS I’d like to get access to another brand new, empty (no asteroids) donor space. I go into that donar space by myself with nothing. Let me hang out in that space for a minute to see if anything happens. If nothing happens, we’ll spawn in Nova Station and see if the problem persists. Assuming there’s an available donor space I can try this and you don’t have to create one and wait till the next server restart. What do you think about that?

Ehm, quite some exceptional effort but ok.
We can give this a try and it will succeed for sure, since we found out you / your Computer is the issue.
It will be available with the next server restart with sg:warp:rev-7 (Krixus 2)

I thought with the test(s) we ran that it’s not my computer. I was under the impression that it was something to do between server<>client. What does DSL mean by the way? I didn’t know if you had empty donor spaces just sitting there in our system already. If I knew you had to create a whole new system, I wouldn’t have suggested all that work. I know you’re busy trying to take care of two whole servers. However, I’m very appreciative that you’re helping me with this. I haven’t been able to play the game since the new season start.

Is there any way I can tell if the Nova Station has any “old” blocks that are outdated from previous patch notes? It’s hard for me to do this, but I’ve been trying to pick up and replace down all new components between every 10 second disconnect.

The tests you ran were based on tracing / network / ping checks.
It told us your connection to the server (hardware) is fine.

What I don’t know still or maybe overlooked are your Computer specs.
Mainly: how much RAM do you have installed in your machine? Do you have a SSD or HDD?
What Graphic Card?

DSL = Dynamic Structure Loading.
That is the HWS setup:

DSLUnloadSecs: 120
  DSLDistancePlanet: 1700
  DSLDistanceSpace: 3500

That means once you jump in an orbit and no structures are around you within 3500 meter, everything is fine and almost like Singleplayer Performance wise.
Once you fly within 3500 meter range to a structure it is rendering that structure out of the “cache”.
Once rendered, it stays in your “cache” for 120 seconds.

Some sub notes:

• the more structures you have in your “cache” the more your RAM, etc. have to calculate.
  • if there are other players already in the playfield near structures, it is a fake DSL and you have to load these structures of your mates instantly as well.

No, I add playfields on demand. There are max. 7 Supporter Spaces available - you claimed the last spot now.
It’s ok, a temporary test. Then you can at least have the certainty.

Nova is not the issue, it has no “bad” blocks or anything.

MSI ATX Gaming Motherboard
Nvidia GTX 1080 with 6GB Ram
Intel i7-8700 8-core 3.6Mhz
2x 8GB DDR4-2133 (16GB total)
Corsair 850W PSU

I think I posted a snapshot of my task manager processes earlier in this forum post on the load(s) on my computer before and during the game running. Even with the game running, it appears that the computer isn’t struggling from what I can tell. I can add more RAM and see what happens? Expensive troubleshoot, but hey. I’ll give it a shot.

Krixus 2 is online now @Heli_Professor
Please make your tests as fast as possible . I only run it temporary max. 24 hours or so.

1 Like

Okay I SG warped from rev-6 to rev-7 and hung out for a while. Then I jet packed thru space for 3.83km (however long that takes) and I had no issues. No disconnect warnings, and I was about to open up my menu(s) instantly without and lag/delay.

As soon as I went back to Rev-6, I jet packed for 1.3km towards my ship and I was disconnected. I got d/c’d twice before I made it 2.4km back to where my ship was parked at the SG gate. I don’t know what these test results mean.

I don’t know if I would need to empty out everything from all the cargo boxes in Nova Station before you move it, but if you could move Nova Station further away from everybody. Perhaps we can test this whole 3km squared thing and/or the DSL render range that I’m near everyone else. If you can move the base and nothing will get deleted then here is a grid coordinate to try out. Otherwise let me know to unload the base into a ship and then I’ll let you know when it’s empty.

I’ve contacted my internet service provider (ISP) and everything is running fine and up-to-date on there end. There is not any more modern hardware (i.e. router/modem) that I can get to install. Modem/Router cache was dumped again, hard reset, test provided better speed results that the provider said they even offered (that was a real shocker).

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.