Issue with EAH starting, stopping, and restarting the server

i couldnt seem ti find a similar post, im following a video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P75hwP6ZWMU&feature=player_embedded ) to get the initial setup of the server running.

I ran into an issue, the first time i started the server, it booted up visible via the green forground, and baground on the power button symbol visible in EAH. However the server did not shut down EAH to do the update check nor the validate.
I did the port forwarding and firewall port forwarding, as well as allowing EAH the program through the firewall.
whats going on is it seems i cannot shut eah down, restart , or forcestop. I was trying to look for the server online, and i couldnt.find it.

So in short the power button doesnt seem to be working or any other means of powering, or stop/restart.
ive tried to close it via task manager.

All of this is in an attempt to set up SSG, and make a better universe for my server.

Thanks for your time, and/or expertise

Hey,

I’m not exactly sure what you mean. What do you mean with shutting down EAH, do you mean the game (Dedicated Server for Empyrion) maybe?
The Power Button in EAH does not start/Stop the Game-Server, it just checks/displays the connection. You Start/Stop the Game over Functions/Server/(Start/Stop/…) on the left side of the window as shown in the Video.
EAH has nothing to do with Port forwarding if you just run it on the server.

I can’t really help you with SSG and Empyrion setup or automatic updaters from others.

Thank you for the super fast reply I thought that the video was made by your team my mistake your information however it did help me out and I do appreciate it as well as you taking the time to answer me I’m new to this and I’m just figuring out the ropes

No problem. If you have further trouble with EAH, let us know.
The video was taken by someone else.