Items dissapear when using connect to container!

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> I keep loosing shit when i use connect/unconnect to container. Things just dissapear out of thin air. Lost 3 k of hydrogen fuel cells, several thousand ores and last but not least i just lost over 200 large optronic bridges

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> LedZep

Server? (EU or NA or RE)
=> RE

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> Large optronic bridges 20 mins ago…

On which Playfield?
=> Belo System

Structure Name(s)?
=> The Zeppelin Base

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 152682

How can we help you now?
=> This game is unplayable if im constantly gonna loose expensive stuff all the time when using connect to container. Had none of these issues last season! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Welcome to HWS,
sorry to hear! Be sure you are not alone with this annoying bug.
Can you please help in fixing it by describing as good as you can what happened exactly?
(maybe even with a video if this is happening often?)

Its happening more and more the last couple of days. A member of my faction told me this : it is happening for at least a year now to people, but it is way more noticeable when server/database has issues and is lagging…like last few days…

Could ofc try to make a video of this in the near future, but i guess there is not much to do with this problem.

I typically happens when im picking up water or ores from AMs. I connect to container and put about 1 k fuel cells on toolbar/hotbar then i start emptying say in this case water extractors and refueling them.
When the toolbar is full i disconnect from container so that all my water goes back in container. Then i reconnect to container and continue the process, rinse and repeat!

Same faction member also told me this: happens when you disconnect to fast after you open a container or you use F4…try waiting around 5 seconds after opening container before you disconnect
As much as i belive what he says is true, i never had this problem last season or in the beginning of this season.
When i lost my large optronic bridges i definitly did not press F4 and disconnect too fast, they just dissapeared from my toolbar, but didnt go back in container.

Ofc this does not happen every time i do it, but more and more these days. Happen 2 times in under 10 min when i emptied water extractors earlier today.

Thank you for this detailed info.
I asked Eleon and they still have no “reproduction” use-case, so I asked you about it.
My next step would try it myself now on my local server, simulating a bad internet with the net bad console command.
From your info I think it’s a timing issue or as your faction member said: doing something faster than the network can catch up.
And yes, at the beginning it’s always good. But the older a savegame runs, the more data is being collected (25GB already right now) and thus more database queries etc. need to be processed.
I will discuss with Eleon about it and hopefully find a reproduction case to this logistic issue.

Unfortunately, we can’t help in such cases and just feel bad that it happens to so many.
For now I recommend to not use the logistic system for valuable items or at least not during prime time.

Thx for the Quick reply and for looking into to it​:+1: i will for the time being avoid to use the Connect to container with expensive materiales.

1 Like

As an addon to this @RexXxuS … this only happens to me when I am at work (bad 4g internet) and never at home (1gig internet)

Last time i tried to move one and one, and slowly, everything was in my connected hotbar before closing it down (this was from ocd) but, later, when I was to use the stuff, everything i picked down on that one time, was gone. This was at ecc ocd zone, with lag and high ping.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.