Lag Shots Are Back 100%

Constructive criticism bro xD like -20% flak range plz because wadda wadda, tbh when your kiting near a base and your trying to avoid the guns while shooting some sv hugging their base its better to get hit first by weaker guns that let you know hey im getting too close rather than wam o there goes half my ship with an arty round.

Actually have a vid showing this but its a gig big O_o so not sure its a good idea to link it.

That’s a nasty lagshot, colin. Good to pointed out.

Yeah i dont know what you guys want/need (Because of it we just make some base config and continue make improvements of it - for example yesterday rebelance SV weapons DMG and blastDMG. Next is BA and CV). But i know what honest PVP need.

Remove yours lovest TOY? No more one-person killing BA by lone ARTy? No more kill BA by 1 creepy SV? Oh my god even now i can kill 2BA with 1class SV when BA build not good.

Yeah flaks it is a SAM defence and i make it little OP from the start - we all cry about weak BA’s. Arty it is heavy defence and before devs fixed it (more range when you sitting in the turret) it must be not the most ranged turret. BECAUSE YOU CAN KILL ANY BA FROM 1 ARTY. So there is NO point to build BA on PVP at all in this case.

P.S. Or you want catch 4 arty shoots first insdead of some flaks shoot when you want recon what a BA here? Then i can make arty the most ranged weapon but makes it unaccesseble.

Maybe before blame and writing “clever” thing you try to make something itself and try to tested it - “not in the creative”. Event stupied damage and blast damage calculation and some balancing it to different type of devices material or blocks material need tons of time. 30-60 minutes to one SV weapon (and it just little more precisely balancing). No one do not send any of config to the RexXxuS but you all always full of claims. I am not god and i cant hit the target at 100% from first shoot, I making all in one person and waste tons of time for it.

Instead of blame and accusation just leave a constructive feedback. What working not good that good and etc. I need fore full feedback to make it best.

And finaly about arty - i make it less ranged weapon only with one thing - prevent sniping enemy BA’s. You can make it by flalks but it takes many time and some defenders can stop you.

P.S. Flaks have on +65 meters agains arty range it is not so big amount. But i have 4 hours to next restart. And i want makes some changes for BA after live tests yesterday on server

2 Likes

I kinda of like the flak as the longest range defense, it has fast enough projectile to land and it doesn’t do huge damage in one hit but is decent dps can kill your sv if your not paying attention.

But I think it might be good to remove the ability to manually pilot artillery and flak, and only be able to use the shorter range Ba Defense, like pulse something that shoots fast and has better hit rate when a player uses it.

Overall base range seems to be in a good spot, sv has to fly for a little while being hit before it’s in range.

Will do more test’s.

1 Like

I makes some changes. From lates feedbacks, So you can see the patchnotes little lates (when topic will be ready).

p.s. Yeah i can forbid access to the turrets. In two ways - directly (by foot - BA) and by Controll panel. But it is hard decision. So for now it not the best way.

1 Like

https://forum.empyrion-homeworld.net/t/hws-config/9161/2

2 Likes

@ A.F.T.
By your own admission you don’t know what the player base wants why are you making
game breaking changes? Remove the changes until properly tested. Problem solved.

To my knowledge the only Flak gun to outrange artillery in the history of human warefare was
the GER 88 used during WW II to shoot down allied bombers. What made it so devastating?
It was an artillery gun.

To those not familiar with what role a flak firing weapon should have. Think Pacific Theatre WWW II
again. Allied naval forces used flak firing weapons to defend ships from Axis planes flown by suicide
pilots. These weapons are for close in defense not long range sniping of enemy defenses.

1 Like

This is a psi-fi game, surely flak has evolved since then? Balance and fun over some outdated war reference.

Do you really want to go back to only using homing rockets…

If you think flak is overpowered and breaking the game post a video and some change requests for it.

surely warfare would have evolved beyond the use of outdated projectile weapon then by that logic.

But we are still left with a broken game because changes were made without proper testing.

@Androniko plz keep the conversation civil and leave the toxic comments out. A.F.T. doesn’t
need a fanboi jumping to his defense. He is capable of defending himself if he is insulted.

haha wow you get insulted quickly :] no fret, as I said just post change request + some type of video would be great becuase it would clearly highlight why you think it is so broken.

I have video for you to see, I wasn’t complaining about the flak because I want to arty snipe bases I was complaining about the flak because people are abusing it. sniping with flak at 600 meters. You say you know what Honest PvP needs… is that sniping bases with Flak cannons? lol get real man I am not some noob wanting to artillery snipe bases because that’s not my play style. I use SV/HV to kill bases like a real man. You don’t have to get so offensive because last I checked we were cool, now you rage on me because I make a complaint about some of the stuff you’ve changed and I want to see improvement with those changes. Don’t get so offensive, I am vet with 5k+ hours not noob with 100 hours … Just giving advice that should be taken into consideration. https://youtu.be/FpHl3gLqo8c Here is video of enemy using Flak Turrets to snipe an entire 3-4 bases worth of turrets, out ranging artillery as well as every other turret. Taking a base has came down to who can have more people in a flak turret? wtf that’s not fun at all sorry many people will agree.

2 Likes

Yip that is definitely broken that’s what 450m? Would removing manual fire from flak/arty solve the problem or does the extra range of the auto firing flak make a difference. My concern is that if the flak range is nerfed to below arty range can sv’s sit outside gun range move in slightly fire off a salvo and retreat again, that’s pretty much the only reason why I feel flak having good range is a good thing, having 1 sv solo a base is not good for the game either. Then maybe if manual fire is removed arty range can be buffed to be slightly more than flak for law sake without breaking the game.

1 Like

I believe Colin’s videos more than prove his point. It’s clear proper testing wasn’t done before
the changes were implemented. These new changes broke the game. They should be removed until
properly testing can be done. Otherwise we will spend this entire season trying to fix the broken
changes.

You have a point but at the same time testing it with 1 person before hand is going to take a very long time to achieve balance, if its in the main file and everyone is testing it the time taken to get to a really good config for pvp will be a hell of a lot faster, in my opinion it is well worth the sacrifice of a few broken things every now and then.

I agree with the 1 SV soloing a base reply. That’s completely understandable. It’s the same right now with flak turrets, you can solo any base in the game with flak turrets now.

Tbh it shouldn’t take long to change its 2 options highlighted, so not really a long term problem luckily :]:

{ Block Id: 700, Name: TurretBaseFlak
Group: cpgTurret
Material: metalhard
WeaponItem: TurretBaseFlakWeapon
AllowPlacingAt: Base, display: true
IsActivateable: true
IsActivateableInCP: true
IsLockable: true
Info: bkiTurret, display: true
Category: Weapons/Items
BlockColor: "26,50,89"
SizeInBlocks: “3,2,3”, display: true
StackSize: 5
MaxCount: 6, type: int, display: true
BlastRadius: 3
BlastDamage: 80
EnergyIn: 5, type: int, display: true, formatter: Watt
Mass: 2000, type: int, display: true, formatter: Kilogram
HitPoints: 8500, type: int, display: true
RotSpeed: 125, type: int, display: true
Range: 750, type: int, display: true
Damage: 120, display: true
AmmoCapacity: 150, display: true
AmmoType: FlakRocket, display: true
ReloadDelay: 5, display: true
ROF: 1.2, type: float, display: true, formatter: ROF
Zoom: 5, type: float
UnlockCost: 15
UnlockLevel: 15
TechTreeParent: TurretBaseRocket
TechTreeNames: Base
}

P.S. this is Eleon default config file. CP = control panel aka p menu

Make the server PVE

or

Bring back pyramids

Broken Empyrion!

1 Like

I’m sure most people would prefer proper testing before any alterations of the config file are implemented.
If you are not able to test the changes you make don’t make the changes.
If you don’t know what the player base wants, don’t make the changes.

I’d like to play Empyrion properly balanced before 20.0 thou xD If arty + flak is disabled for manual use could you really say that the old file is better?

I suggest stop players from being able to access turrets to stop any abuse or base drop bombing.

Job done!!!, ACP will cry but who cares really, unless they donate lots of money of course.

3 Likes